Start by marking “Rough Justice (Rosato & Associates, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rough Justice (Rosato & Associates, #3)

Rough Justice (Rosato and Associates #3)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  4,279 Ratings  ·  223 Reviews

Criminal lawyer Marta Richter is hours away from winning an acquittal for her client, millionaire businessman Elliot Steere, on trial for the murder of a homeless man who had tried to carjack him. But as the jury begins deliberations, Marta discovers the chilling truth about her client's innocence. Taking justice into her own hands, she furiously sets out to prove the trut

Published (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Rough Justice, please sign up.

Thea Freedom of speech includes the usage of words not appealing to all readers. I didn't think the use of profanity was out of sync with the characters…moreFreedom of speech includes the usage of words not appealing to all readers. I didn't think the use of profanity was out of sync with the characters using it. (less)

Oneil Montes
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, sagas
Fue bastante entretenido, mantuvieron el suspenso hasta el final.

Marta es una importante y recococida abogada que nunca pierde, en ésta oportunidad, está defendiendo a Elliot Steere y éste saldrá bajo libertad -como todos sus clientes está a punto de ser declarado inocente-, cuando él le confiesa ser culpable del asesinato. Marta entra en el dilema moral de dejar libre a un asesino y así como consiguió las pruebas que lo hicieron parecer inocente, ahora su meta es encontrar las pruebas que lo ha
Maria João Fernandes
"Não é um trabalho, é uma aventura."

"Rosato & Associadas" é uma agência de advogadas. Lisa Scottoline criou protagonistas de personalidades fortes, todas elas especialistas em direito, que trabalham em conjunto para desvendar um mistério sobre o seu cliente atual.É o primeiro livro que leio desta série, mas o facto de a presença feminina ser dominante torna o livro uma lufada de ar fresco. Afinal, porque são sempre os homens a destacar-se nos enredos de ação?

"O poder era apenas um estado de
Emily
The best of hers I've read so far (1,2,3,4,5,6,9,14,16,17,18,19).

I found this one truly fast-paced. It jumps right in with a murder client revealing that he's guilty, the jury already in deliberation. We get to hear the thoughts of all the characters. Each chapter has a cliffhanger, because the way the chapters separate the action (and main characters), it could be a few chapters before a thread is revisited and we find out what happens next to that character/plot line.

I have started reading t
Carol
Jan 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LANGUAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of the worst of her books for language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not get why authors think they need to use bad language to make a story work!!!! This is a great story of corruption and luckily it's being found out and punished.

Lisa Scottoline - please back off on the language!!!
Daniel Stallings
The characters and story line was great. The writing left a lot to be desired. The constant use of the "f" word took away from me giving any higher rating. If you took the "f" word out of this book, I bet it would cut 100 pages off the length.
Laurie Armstrong
This story was really good. I liked how it all came together. But I don't understand the need for so much profanity. Due to that, I can't give it more than three stars.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do you get when you mix a blizzard, a bunch of lawyers, and a client who confesses his guilt while the jury is out deciding his fate? A whole lot of fun. This story was a page turner from start to finish. Fast paced, crackling dialogue, loads of memorable characters and a tense build up to the end.
Nicola
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
While I found it difficult to believe that a high powered lawyer was surprised to find that her client was truly guilty, I did enjoy reading the results of this revelation. Scottoline created mystery and suspense in the right amounts. She developed characters that I wanted to cheer on to victory. I found the twists and turns intriguing. While the snowstorm added to the drama, I did wonder how our characters were the only ones who were able to get around the city.
Marta was a strong female charac
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Criminal lawyer Marta Richter is about to win an acquital for her latest client, millionaire businessman Elliot Steere. Then Steere lets slip that he's sold Marta a false self-defence claim and that he murdered the homeless man who tried to carjack him. A furious Marta resolves to discover the evidence that will convict Steere -- before the jury returns with its verdict. In a race against time and the worst blizzard Philadelphia has seen in years, Marta drafts help from two able associ
Tabitha Quire
Drags in the beginning, but does get better towards middle and then I just wanted to keep reading to get to the end. So overall this was a good book; the third in the series of Rosato and Associates.
Debra
Sep 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drags in the beginning, but picks up and left me exhausted by the time I was finished. And that's a good thing!
Karen
Aug 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love all books by Lisa Scottoline!!!!! Start at the beginning and read them in order.
Jill Snyder
Starts a little slow list the other books of hers I've read. Gets good in the middle of the book
Holly
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kshydog
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I have never heard of a real life lawyer doing what Marta does, it makes a fascinating story. Realizing that the client she worked so hard defending was actually guilty, Marta and her pals Judy and Mary risk their lives with shootings, running and driving through blizzards, jurors being bribed. Big shot client, the Mayor, even the judge do whatever it takes to get ahead. Non stop action as each chapter gives details about each character's thinking and actions.
Mary J Stanton
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Always a great read

Lisa Scottoline always writes a great book. Her books are always well written with great stories.,interesting people with interesting story line, never boating always making you want to read the next page.
Alberta
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book

This book deserved a 5star rating. A true page turner from beginning to end. Great job describing the City of Philadelphia
Nadine
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my least favourite of Rosato &Associates! It must have been written at the beginning of the series. Takes place in 2 days and it had so many far fetched situations I had to skip through some of the pages. It takes place in Philadelphia and New Jersey so some of the town's were familiar but digging in a sand dune in a raging snow storm and finding what your looking for in the dead of night Give Me A Break
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
why, all of a sudden, is there horrible language? I have loved this series, until now. There is no need for all the foul language.
Scott Drake
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A super fast readable book with a story that evolves and keeps you wondering about how it all fits together until the end.
Wendy
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Non-stop action. Don't think a real-life person could survive such trauma.
Betci
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
The timeline in a blizzard is a bit absurd.
Cathy Biggers
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Early, mid, or later in her writing career, one will never be disappointed reading a Lisa Scottoline story. Great thrills, chills, and mystery abounds - highly recommended for any mystery lover.
Paul Weaver
Not Scottoline's best, but still very enjoyable. A good twist at the end. Bennie Rosato was a minor character in this one.
Crafty4life
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is so great! On to book 4! Thanks to the author for a fun ride!
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series!!!!
JennE
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
It took me three weeks to get through 100 pages. Once there, it finally started to take off. and became interesting. However, the ending tries to be a twist, but can be deciphered midway through the book.Bennie is not the main character in this storyline and only appears briefly and at the end. I'm contemplating abandoning the series after this snail's pace storyline. I do love Scottoline's non-fiction, though!
J
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book falls early in the chronological line of events in the life of Bennie Rosato -- the all-women law firm is founded, but young.

The main character is actually an out of state crim. defense attorney, Marta Richter, who affiliates w. the Rosato firm when she undertakes the defense of a well-known Phil. millionaire developer, Elliot Steere. The jury has gone out when Steer foolishly -- but necessarily, to propel the action -- confesses to Richter that he did in fact kill the homeless man whom
Judy Alexander
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great. Her older books the best.
Deepa Raghunath
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
  • Obstruction of Justice (Nina Reilly, #3)
  • Loving Chloe
  • Likely To Die (Alexandra Cooper, #2)
  • The Advocate's Conviction (The Advocate #3)
  • Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)
  • Discretion (Anna Curtis, #2)
  • Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5)
  • Missing Justice (Samantha Kincaid #2)
  • A Body to Die For
  • The Arraignment (Paul Madriani, #7)
  • After Dark
20258
Lisa Scottoline is the New York Times bestselling author and Edgar award-winning author of 28 novels, including her latest, ONE PERFECT LIE, which releases in April 2017. Her previous emotional thriller, MOST WANTED, has been optioned for a TV series. Lisa also co-authors a bestselling series of humorous memoir with her daughter, Francesca Serritella, which is based on their weekly Philadelphia In ...more
More about Lisa Scottoline...

Rosato and Associates (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Everywhere That Mary Went (Rosato & Associates, #1)
  • Legal Tender (Rosato & Associates, #2)
  • Mistaken Identity (Rosato & Associates, #4)
  • Moment of Truth (Rosato & Associates, #5)
  • The Vendetta Defense (Rosato & Associates, #6)
  • Courting Trouble (Rosato & Associates, #7)
  • Dead Ringer (Rosato & Associates, #8)
  • Killer Smile (Rosato & Associates, #9)
  • Lady Killer (Rosato & Associates, #10)
  • Think Twice (Rosato & Associates, #11)

“Now, Megan, we can’t pick on whoever abstained.” 0 likes