Start by marking “Winter's Desire” as Want to Read:
Winter's Desire

Winter's Desire

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
On Solstice eve long ago, a Druid priestess and Norse warrior succumb to forbidden, erotic desire. Their passion is one that neither death, decree—nor time—can tear asunder.

Now three women of later centuries begin their own sensual journeys, awakened by the ancient power of the priestess's words—"Burn bright of winter's desire."

•SABELINE•

experiences surprisingly unbridled
Published October 20th 2009 by Spice

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Desire

Ashley
Review: "Winter Awakening" by Amanda McIntyre

Sabeline, nervous about her ability to hold her future husband's interest, requests ample advice from her worldly cousin, Margaret. Recalling her betrothed's wondering eye upon their meeting three years ago, she hopes desperately that he's sated his lustful oats. Perhaps learning a man's pleasure will be helpful in securing Lord Benedict's desire. But when Margaret asks her to picture Lord Benedict while she explores her body, to Sabeline's horror it'
Cecile
Dec 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Wales, 1119

In this time period, I always have to remind myself of the standards back then. A woman of virtue was a virgin when she got married. A man could have any number of mistresses and that was deemed okay. Women were not allowed to speak up either. So, when I begin a story, I always have to remind myself of these few things.

Now with these things in mind, we meet Sabeline - she is in her early twenties. By an agreement between her father and the king of England, she is to marry a Marcher Lo
Carolyn F.
Amanda McIntyre's story was okay. Another example of a women from the 1100s acting like it's 2010. The story was kind of romantic but nothing that held my interest.

Now the Charlotte Featherstone story was something different. I loved that the characters aren't part of the "ton" as in other books about this time period in England/Ireland/Wales. Loved Sinead and Kiernan's love and how passionate it was. There's a little mystical visit from her first husband that was really hot, but not in a very o
Karen
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved these stories - all three of them! They made for great escape reading and I'm not critical of historical accuracy when reading romantic erotica. If you're that much of a stickler for accuracy, romantic fiction really isn't for you. Get yourself some dry non-fiction instead of discouraging readers, like me, who will really enjoy this genre because we don't have to spend a lot of time thinking or analyzing while reading it.
Sadye
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book. loved the stories. It was a nice beach read
Brenda
Sep 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
The first story was eh, found myself skimming, seemed like very strange behavior from everyone and with the element of a "Tristam & Ysuelt" (I don't have my Welsh dictionary on me so I hope I got that spelling right) it was a mishmash of contemporary and ancient. Didn't have enough Celtic strain for me and the ending was both obvious and rushed. 3.0

Sinead by Charlotte Featherstone

Ok, so I knew from the first paragraph that I wasn't going to like it. I read up to chapter two and stopped. Ther
Evamaria
Dec 11, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2009
I'm not usually into romance novels anyway, but I liked the sound of this - and it started out quite nicely, too (if one ignores historical inaccuracies and overblown language, which I was quite willing to do).

Unfortunately, the closer the two protagonists, Sabeline and Ranulf, got, the more Sabeline transformed from a young, inexperienced woman who nevertheless was quite comfortable with herself into the worst kind of helpless damsel who let herself be pushed around and ultimately rescued. This
Cristina Contilli
"Kieran era così forte, virile, eppure delicato al tempo stesso, attento ai suoi bisogni. Le sue carezze erano piene di passione e lei lo voleva e lo temeva in uguale misura, perché, se si fosse abbandonata al desiderio, non sarebbe più riuscita a tenerlo a freno, in memoria di David."

Per ora ho letto i primi due racconti e mi sono piaciuti, vediamo se anche il terzo sarà interessante allo stesso modo...

Finito... come stile il racconto che mi è piaciuto di più è stato il secondo, ma come conte
Tasneem
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fairly well written collection of erotica with a nice magical, mystical feel to it. I liked the story of the Druid priestess and her Viking lover, their mating and parting and the spell of love that began from her loss.
adoree
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 étolies rien que pour l'histoire de Charlotte Featherstone. Les autres nouvelles sont bien écrites également. Un petit régal de nouvelles. A lire et relire à l'envie...
Kathy
Aug 02, 2015
Lori
Sep 19, 2012
Elizabeth
rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Tutoring Lady Jane
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Naughty Bits
  • Velvet Haven (Annwyn Chronicles, #1)
  • Christmas with a Vampire
  • What Happens in Vegas... After Dark
  • Secrets: Volume 4
  • Fairy Tale Lust
  • Secrets (Volume, #15) (Satisfy Your Desire for More)
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Howl (includes: Leashed #1)
  • Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9
  • Secrets: Volume 7
Amanda McIntyre’s passion is telling character-driven stories with a penchant for placing ordinary people placed in extraordinary situations.

A bestselling author, her work is published internationally in print, E-book, and audio. She writes sizzling contemporary and erotic historical romance and believes no matter what, love will find a way.

Learn more at : www.amandamcintyresbooks.com and Amanda