Start by marking “Dollar Crisis Revised” as Want to Read:
Dollar Crisis Revised

Dollar Crisis Revised

In this updated, second edition of the highly acclaimed international best seller, The Dollar Crisis: Causes, Consequences, Cures, Richard Duncan describes the flaws in the international monetary system that have destabilized the global economy and that may soon culminate in a deflation-induced worldwide economic slump. The Dollar Crisis is divided into five parts:

Part
Published June 1st 2005 by Wiley (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Dollar Crisis Revised, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dollar Crisis Revised

Start your review of Dollar Crisis Revised
Nathanael
Oct 01, 2011 rated it liked it
First published in 2003, 'The Dollar Crisis' offers a frighteningly prescient explanation of the global economic meltdown since the 2008 subprime mortgage crisis. You'll need some knowledge of basic macroeconomics to follow his arguments, but anyone who's concerned about what's going on in the global economy today (and everyone ought to be highly concerned) needs to read this book.

Kurt
Mar 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: economic-theory
Requires some pre-existing economic knowledge to read easily. If not, you'll have to re-read sections many times and often seek outside reference to understand concepts.

But if you do have that context, it is a very informative explanation of the macroeconomic peril we face globally and specifically in the United States.
Erik Johnson
May 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Possibly the best business/economic book I have or ever will read. So much information it'll make your head explode! Every person should read this book.
John Igo
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I will definitely read this one again in about 6 months, it's fairly dense and I want to make sure I understand it.
Goodreads user Nathanael provided a great synopsis of Richard Duncan's fundamental thesis, so I'll copy a portion of it here.

"His basic thesis is that the current international monetary system is unsustainable. The US has run up huge trade deficits financed by fiat money. This has caused economic booms throughout the developing world, which manufacture goods to export to the US.
Maya
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book give me a headache ...more
Shubham
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good
Bud Hewlett
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was written well before the 2008 meltdown, but the author certainly seemed to be reading the tea leaves correctly. He seemed, in my opinion, to be spot on in a lot of his views, though I disagree with his idea of a global minimum wage. It only gets three stars because its dated. I need to read one of his newer books.
Mike Murray
Apr 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Want to be terrified?
Shelves: finance
Okay, this one scared the crap out of me. To the point that my wife and I almost didn't move back to the USA. Seriously - it's that bad.

And it's all true, and already happening. The scary thing is when you read this and they say "and you'll know we're right when...", and you realize that it already happened.
Ben
Jul 23, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: economics
The Onion is running an article right now called Recession-Plagued Nation Demands New Bubble To Invest In. This book explains why that is a true story. I should say it uncannily explains, since it was written in 2005.
Ronald Tanggo
Oct 28, 2015
Erik Zippa
Oct 14, 2019
Swarup Kundu
rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization
  • The Intelligent Investor
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Dirty Work (Stone Barrington, #9)
  • Dead in the Water (Stone Barrington, #3)
  • The Firm
  • Powerdown: Options and Actions for a Post-Carbon World
  • Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success
  • Shutter Island
  • The Psychology of Winning
  • Turbulence (Stone Barrington, #46)
  • The Long Emergency: Surviving the Converging Catastrophes of the Twenty-First Century
  • Hubbert's Peak: The Impending World Oil Shortage - Revised and Updated Edition
  • Cold Paradise (Stone Barrington, #7)
  • The Coming Economic Collapse: How You Can Thrive When Oil Costs $200 a Barrel
  • The Short Forever (Stone Barrington, #8)
  • Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling