Start by marking “How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint: 365 Simple Ways to Save Energy, Resources, and Money ” as Want to Read:

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint is the world citizen's guide to pushing back the advance of global warming. This colorful handbook offers 500 practical, easily achievable ideas that conserve energy, prevent pollution, and save money. Did you know that unplugging appliances and cell phone chargers when not in use can reduce electricity bills by 10 percent? Or that recyc ...more
Published 2008 by Duncan Baird Publishers

To ask other readers questions about How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint

Julie
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The pictures are cute. The book is organized well and it is a great introduction to reducing your carbon footprint...even if many things are oversimplified (For example, get a low-maintenance haircut.) I found a few interesting pieces of information but got a headache trying to read the teeny, tiny boxes of information in 4 pt font.
Ashleigh
Books is really best for beginners to reducing carbon footprint as anyone who's discovered the basics already won't really need this book, nothing advanced about the content. Knew most of what was already covered in this book and found some naive and incorrect information such as suggesting that massages, beauty treatments and concerts were waste free treats when this is anything but the case.

Some key basic information like how to reduce plastic bag and one use plastics while shopping didn't se
Michelle
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read, and loaded with helpful hints & lots of info :)
Holly
Jan 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Most of this book is unhelpful to someone who lives in an apartment and the rest is pretty common sense. I think this would be good for a kid or someone who is just starting out learning about these things but if you have any knowledge about environmental issues, it’s probably not very helpful.
Vicky
Thanks to this book, I will one day purchase a Bokashi Bucket. It's an indoor composting system and it is AWESOME. Google it, read about it, love it - It will change your life.

Actually it probably won't, but it is very neat. I will also have a system to collect rainwater for my toilets, ingenious!

I picked up a few other good tips and the book was filled with some interesting information about what cities around the world are doing and have done to 'go green.'

I already do quite a bit to reduce
Emily
Nov 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
The thing that is frustrating about these books, is that it is not always feasible to put a new roof on. Especially if you rent. And some if it I already do. Unplug your toaster! But I liked the illustrations and factoids in this book.
Christy
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good ideas to reduce your carbon footprint. Some I knew, some I did not. Format of the print is my only complaint. There was smaller columns that I would have had to squint at to read. Those I skipped altogether.
Abby
Dec 03, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The book offered many easily affordable ways to save energy and resources. My biggest complaint is the book design. Many pages have extremely small text printed on dark backgrounds. It's extremely difficult to read.
Nina
Quick read. Full of tid bits I knew and some I didn't.
Sarah Ethington
Jul 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A small, easy to read book with vivid colorful pages.
good little book - I think we all need these reminders sometimes and it also offered some new ones I want to implement.
Marie Summers
I found this book to be anglocentric. I did not like the illustrations and had difficulty reading the color printing on color background. There was not a lot of new information.
Robyn
gift from Johnas at Xmas. we both expect this is mostly not new info, but worth having on hand anyway
Tamara
Apr 27, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: green, non-fiction
Claims I can compost bread. Is this true???
Dahlia