Start by marking “Plameni čovjek” as Want to Read:
Plameni čovjek

Plameni čovjek

(Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn #0.5)

Pripovijetka Plameni čovjek, izvorno objavljena u zbirci Legende, priča je o knezu Sulisu, gospodaru Visotvrđe iz davnina, a pojavljuju se i neki drugi likovi, poznati iz trilogije Sjećanje, Tuga i Trn, kao što su Hakatri, Nelukijev stariji brat i Valada Geloj.

O knezu Sulisu pripovijeda njegova pokćerka Breda, što je jedini slučaj kada Tad Williams progovara kroz usta žens
Published 2007 by Algoritam (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Plameni čovjek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plameni čovjek

Start your review of Plameni čovjek
Micah Hall
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

I read this short story in a mass market paperback copy of Legends, edited by Robert Silverberg. It contains several, 'Legends', of the fantasy genre and is a wonderful anthology everyone should check out... If you've read the author's respective stories.

Anyways, I have finally consumed all of Tad Williams' published work in Osten Ard. There's actually a good amount of world building in this slim tale, focusing on the best aspects of Osten Ard: the mystery of the world and the creatures wit
shar zar
It was pretty suspenseful and the atmosphere was creepy enough but it wasn't bamboozling. It might be because it was so short but I doubt I'll remember these characters in a few weeks
Vicente Ribes
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasía
Bonita historia que sirve de pequeña precuela o introducción a la saga Añoranzas y pesares de Tad Williams. Aquí nos situamos unos años antes a los hechos de las novelas y asistiremos a la historia de como se tomó Hayholt y porque se aislaron los sitha de los humanos.
En tan sólo 50 páginas Tad Williams creA un buen relato. Me gustó mucho que apareciese Geloe, la maga de la liga del pergamino y otros personajes como el hermano quemado de Ineluki.
Johan Haneveld
A short novel or a long short story? Here an old woman describes how here stepfather becomes obsessed with a question that haunts him - a question that led to his banishment from his kingdom. To answer the question he captures a witch, who promises to lead him to answers. But are they answers he wants to hear? Interesting to read a story set in the Osten Ard universe of the author. I enjoyed the series 'Memory, Sorrow and Thorn' a lot. This fills in a bit of background, but contains recognizable ...more
Tanja Radman
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moja prva od Williamsa, namjerno. Iako mi nisu poznati ni likovi ni radnja, uzivala sam u kratkoj prici koja je prezentirana kao sjecanje napacene starice. Pitko, tamno, kaptivirajuce. Jedva cekam ugrabiti sljedecu njegovu knjigu!
Dyslexic Bookmonster
Finally finished this book, dear lord that took me far too long...

The weird thing is, this book has the essential things which normally have me reading like a maniac. For example, it shows the ugliness of mankind, yet as it does, deep within there are still a few beautiful parts as well. Realism? I honestly don't think so, it is too dramatic(?), but it is what I generally like in stories.

Not this time, it seems. Though I liked the ending of the first story.
Huub
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Vondst in een straatbieb van mijn favoriete auteur. Ik kende de titel, dacht dat ik het verhaal nooit gelezen had en toch bleek het origineel in mijn boekenkast in de anthologie 'Legends' te staan. Nog wel met opdracht van 'his Tadness' zelf, naar aanleiding van een gesprekje dat we ooit hadden over Robert Jordan.
Verhaal zelf is eerlijk gezegd niet zo heel bijzonder - het speelt tegen de achtergrond van de MST serie, maar is heel goed afzonderlijk te lezen. Aangenaam tussendoortje.
Sabrina Wannet
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-also-own
leuk dat er 2 verhalen in zaten , de tweede vond ik een stuk leuker en spannender dan de eerste. het tempo kwam ook pas in verhaal 2. verhaal 1 was meer een vertelling van herinneringen van een vrouw. dit verhaal miste spanning en tempo maar was wel zo geschreven dat je verder leest
Paca Sad
A short read and not totally unsatisfactory, I thought I would read it as a precursor to The series proper. I hope reading on will give me better insight as this novel was confused and confusing for me as I had no context, but as a short story with a twist, it was ok
Lewis
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle
first introduction to Tad Williams, not the one to start off with. As a prequel, believe I should have read it after I was familiar with the author
Darkmond
Aug 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Burning Man
Author: Tad Williams
Novelette
Written in: 1998
World: "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn"
_____________________

Author
Tad Williams is an US fantasy and science-fiction author. Wrote nearly 20 Novels. He is the Author of "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn", "Otherland", "Shadowmarch", "Ordinary Farm" and "The Bobby Dollar Books" series.
His other Novels are:

Tailchaser's Song (1985)
Child of an Ancient City (1992, written with Nina Kiriki Hoffman)
Caliban's Hour (1994)
The War of the Flowers (2003)

I p
Nils
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Nachdem es schon einige Zeit her ist, dass ich „Das Geheimnis der Großen Schwerter“ gelesen hatte, war ich erfreut mal wieder etwas aus Tad Williams Welt Osten Ard zu lesen.
Wie zu erwarten kommt die Kurzgeschichte nicht ganz an die Qualität des Osten Ard Zyklus heran. Aber trotzdem ist die Geschichte wie immer gut erzählt und dank der Ich-Erzählperspektive der Hauptprotagonistin eine nette Abwechslung. Da die anderen Charaktere auf eine überschaubare Zahl begrenzt sind, kann man der Erzählung pr
sabisteb aka callisto
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Leider liegt es schon über 10 Jahre zurück, seit ich die Osten Ard Bücher gelesen habe und ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob diese Geschichte einen tieferen Bezug zur Trilogie hat.
Es ist eine Geschichte über die erste Liebe und Verrat, und dass man manchmal Entscheidungen treffen muss, die einen den Rest des Lebens verfolgen. Ein Teil der Geschichte spielt auch in den Unterirdischen Katakomben der Engelsburg, das ist der Teil, der mir auch aus Drachenbeinthron noch am besten im Gedächtnis geblieben i
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
It is certainly an interesting story that peaked my interest about the world and the characters. I felt that the main character had a strong voice. The build-up to the actual event was long. In contrast to that the event felt almost like a disappointment. I just kept thinking, 'That was it?'
Knjiga
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
It starts out very slow, to the point where I was bored with it but continued only because it's 70 pages long. After half a book things finally get going and I loved it.
Anapero
Sep 14, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Changing description 2 18 Dec 16, 2015 06:03AM

• Runner of Pern
  • Debt of Bones (Sword of Truth, #0.5)
  • The Tales of Alvin Maker: Grinning Man
  • The Sea and Little Fishes (Discworld, #22.5; Witches #5.5)
  • The Little Sisters of Eluria (The Dark Tower, #0.5)
  • The Hedge Knight (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #1)
  • The Wood Boy
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • The Seventh Shrine
  • Dragonfly (Earthsea Cycle, #4.1)
  • New Spring (The Wheel of Time, #0)
  • The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All
  • The Mirror Empire (Worldbreaker Saga, #1)
  • By Force Alone
  • Strange Pilgrims
  • The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories
  • Legends
  • City of Miracles (The Divine Cities, #3)
Tad Williams is a California-based fantasy superstar. His genre-creating (and genre-busting) books have sold tens of millions worldwide, in twenty-five languages. His considerable output of epic fantasy and science fiction book-series, stories of all kinds, urban fantasy novels, comics, scripts, etc., have strongly influenced a generation of writers: the ‘Otherland’ epic relaunches June 2018 as an ...more

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn (3 books)
  • The Dragonbone Chair (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, #1)
  • Stone of Farewell (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, #2)
  • To Green Angel Tower (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, #3)