Start by marking “And Then Came You: Sam's Story” as Want to Read:
And Then Came You: Sam's Story

And Then Came You: Sam's Story (Marconi Sisters #1)

Nine years ago, Samantha Marconi was swept away in a whirlwind wedding...even though she'd only known her new husband for a month. When Jeff left her just weeks after the wedding-she found out she was pregnant and had nowhere to turn. So Sam did the only thing she thought she could do. She placed her daughter up for adoption and tried to forget the past-until her past came ...more
Published July 11th 2004 by St. Martin's

To ask other readers questions about And Then Came You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then Came You

Jennifer Wardrip
Apr 29, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I'd been holding out reading the Marconi Sisters trilogy until all three books were released--now that they are, I picked up AND THEN CAME YOU yesterday and finished it today.

Samantha "Sam" Marconi is the middle child, the sensible one, the "good one." Not as take-charge as her older sister Jo, or as quick-tempered as her younger sister Mike, Sam is the one to stay in line. That was always true, until she married her first love, Jeff Hendricks, at the age of eighteen. That wa
Penny
Feb 10, 2017 Penny added it
Shelves: chick-lit
I don't know how to rate this I've read much worse, but I had serious problems with it:

(view spoiler)
Ana T.
Jul 17, 2008 Ana T. rated it really liked it
I know I added this book to my TBR pile after reading a review on a blog somewhere, sadly I can't find it anymore but I am happy to report that I really enjoyed it. The plot intrigued me - someone gives her baby for adoption after being abandoned by her husband and 9 years later meets the ex-husband again and discovers that he is the one who raised their daughter. How much pain must have happened between these two people and how can they work things out between them?

The story was not as poignant
Lori1035
Aug 23, 2008 Lori1035 rated it really liked it
I did like the characters in this book. I agree with other reviews that I couldn't figure out why Sam and Jeff split up 9 years earlier. I guess I just can't imagine anyone being so immature that they wouldn't see each other face to face before divorcing. That whole part of the story was unbelievable. It was very entertaining other than that.
Sarah Eiseman
Jul 07, 2013 Sarah Eiseman rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Sarahsbookshelf.com:

Maureen Child has been on my radar of late and I’ve been really enjoying her backlist. This book was the first book in her Marconi series, following the three Marconi sisters.

One of the things that I really like about Child’s books, especially the books within the series, is that she really flips any preconceived notions you might have about gender roles, stereotypes, or typical plot lines. It’ll be a little tough to talk about some of these things withou
Dev
Sep 23, 2007 Dev rated it liked it
I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve been in a reading slump, but I had a hard time focusing on this book. There were some tender moments, there were moments that made me cry and there were some funny moments. I enjoyed Emma (the daughter) she was cute and never stopped talking! I didn’t quite understand Sam and Jeff’s relationship or why they broke up in the first place. My understanding was that they had a passionate love affair and they fought all the time. One day he left and never came back. B ...more
Kaycee ❤️
At first I was really hesitant to continue, I thought I wouldn't like it. I'm not really a fan of this kind of storyline. But this book surprised me. It got me hooked from first page up to the last.

I don't want to give away the story, so I won't go to details. You have to read it, really.

And Then Came You was a wonderful book. Full of laughter, tears, anger, and smiles. I enjoyed reading it. I loved both main characters; I was glad to see how much they had grown over the years and how the way
Melissa
Nov 24, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Sam's story...I am currently reading this one, and another one, I sometimes wonder if other people do that. Okay this girl Samantha gets married young gets pregnant and then gets divorced, only he didn't know about the baby. Years later he shows up in her life to ask for the divorce that never went through...to her surprise. His mother intervened years before knowing she put the child up for adoption, adopted the child without Sam knowing, and now I am not done reading...but it has shaken things ...more
Ayvah
Jun 13, 2013 Ayvah rated it it was amazing
I stumbled across this book. was about to chuck it in my tbr pile but I ended up looking it up on goodreads.. liked the description.. went to nosey in the first couple chapters and never put the book back down. I loved this book! I'm glad I randomly came across it. its heaps wordy had to skim read a lot but meh so what I enjoyed the book and thought 5 stars it totally deserved:) now I'm trying to find the other sisters books. 2005 was a very long time ago lol
Ashley
Jun 10, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
Chick-lit-ish? I don't know how I feel about this book. I was iffy about reading it, but then it was written with better taste than I had hoped, but then you kinda know how it is all going to work out. I don't know! AGHHHH.
The writing was nice, the story-line a bit different than most and it was entertaining to read. I'm not rushing out to buy the two other books about the other sisters, but if I stumble across them, I'm not saying that I won't pick them up.
Angie
May 11, 2014 Angie rated it liked it
2,5

Intrigue basique, personnages sans plus, et manque de créativité. Lecture pas franchement déplaisante, mais pas non plus passionnante dans la mesure où je suis restée détachée du début à la fin. Les personnages principaux paraissent futiles, leur histoire trop nébuleuse, et les raisons qui la poussent à faire adopter leur fille sont complétement absurdes. Cela méritait d'être mieux travaillé ou plus creusé.
Charisse
May 24, 2012 Charisse rated it really liked it
Rule 1: You never forget your first love.
Rule 2: You never forget your first heartbreak.
Rule 3: Rules are meant to be broken.

From the back cover: "Maureen Child has written an unforgettable tale of a woman who loses everything she holds dear only to discover she's been given a second chance. This is Sam's story..."

I really loved it! Love is sweeter the second time around. :)
Aneews
Apr 15, 2010 Aneews added it
This is an amazing book that moves you to the depth of your soul.The author has written it in a wonderful way and has kept all itz ingredients of humour, passion and love in its correct proportions. It is a must-read book. Don’t miss out on it..
Sharon L Boughner
Wonderful plot. Terrific characters. Really enjoyed this book. I hope she has plans for the rest of the Marconi family

Wonderful plot. Terrific characters. I really enjoyed this book. I hope she has plans for the rest of the Marconi family
Marilyn
Sep 15, 2011 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
I love this story and all of the characters - it ties in nicely with the other trilogy about the Candellano Brothers (Knowing YOu, Finding You, Loving You). I look forward to moving right on to the next one in this series.
Nina SanMiguel
Feb 11, 2016 Nina SanMiguel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching

A heartwarming rollercoaster ride of love and passion. Leaves the reader wondering what happened to Hank and the old lady.
Yati Daud
Sep 27, 2007 Yati Daud rated it really liked it
simply wonderful..
Irma
Jan 06, 2016 Irma rated it it was amazing
Very good read.
Nancy Houston Fields
Good story, not too heavy.
Jasbell76
Jan 24, 2016 Jasbell76 marked it as to-avoid
I HATE the heroines that gave up their babies for adoption (U.U)*
Mary Jo
Nov 30, 2009 Mary Jo rated it liked it
I liked the Marconi sisters and the story was a quick read. The sisters take no sh-- from anybody and protect each other as big Italian families do.
Kelly
Oct 15, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

I enjoyed it. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series. Maureen Child's books are never a disappointment.

Joy
Joy rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2011
Kryseen
Kryseen rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
Estie
Estie rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Christy
Christy rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2010
Christina Chang
Christina Chang rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2014
Susan Child
Susan Child rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2013
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
  • Smoke in the Wind
  • Getting Lucky (Nugget, #5)
  • With This Kiss (Emerald Lake #2)
  • Rafe's Revenge (Harlequin American Romance, No 16453)
  • The Cowboy And The Lady
  • Marry Me Again (The Second Chance Love Series, #1)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • Guilty Passion
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • Just One Kiss
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Once Upon A Blind Date
  • Taking Chloe (Vaughn, #3)
  • The Melendez Forgotten Marriage
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Devil in Spurs
  • Seize (St. Martin Family Saga: Emergency Responders, #2)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Marconi Sisters (3 books)
  • A Crazy Kind of Love
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story

“Sometimes you have to get sad before you get happy 'cause otherwise how would you know the difference?” 14 likes