Start by marking “Tena on S-String, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Tena on S-String, Vol. 1

Tena on S-String, Vol. 1 (Tena on S-String #1)

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Discharged from the hospital after recovering from a serious accident, music teacher Kyousuke Hibiki finds himself able to see and hear musical notes coming from the people and the world around him! As he contemplates this lasting damage (and maybe a malpractice suit against the hospital), he finds himself face-to-face with a haughty young girl decked out in frilly Gothic ...more
Published August 4th 2009 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Tena on S-String, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tena on S-String, Vol. 1

JJ
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Has an interesting plot so far. There are a lot of innuendoes which I could do without. I feel like the Manga artist greatest weakness is drawing hands. I really like this book because I like music and the plot revolves around music.
Kristen
Plot: I thought the description on the back sounded interesting, but as soon as Tena mentioned soul songs and tuners, she lost me. I'm not a huge fan of the Japanese style epic fantasy that involves this everlasting quest to collect all of the somethings.

Characters: The only character I kind of liked was Kyousuke. He was a nice guy. Everyone else is either annoying, mean or bossy. There's all of these girls who constantly take advantage of Kyousuke or beat him up and it bothered me.

Art: There
Misa Niranon
Apr 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Eh, this is all right.
I don't like the whole "possible hook-up with gothic loli-chan" because that's not my thing but I really like how the plot is set around music. Makes me wish that I can hear the sounds.

I'm going to continue reading this since it's already on my list but I'm hoping that there isn't too much perviness with the main girly. It's a good plot that could get better but I won't be too overly joyed if it gets all sexy with her.

Even though it's got that mature rating.
MANNNN.

Ellya Khristi
Aug 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Kyosuke, guru piano yang selamat dari kecelakaan mobil mendadak bisa melihat dan mendengar musik jiwa. Rupanya nada yang menyambung hidupnya itu adalah parasit yang berbahaya. Dia bertemu dengan Tena, penyetem musik jiwa yang bertugas membetulkan musik kehidupan yang melenceng dari seharusnya. Selain itu, kompetisi merebutkan nada parasit menyebabkan Kyosuke juga diincar oleh penyetem musik jiwa lain.

Shoujo manga yang ringan, tapi tak selalu klise (atau belum?).
Selena
Part of me really, really likes this. The characters are amusing, the manga is music-themed (and works despite the lack of audio), and the art is adorable and a little nostalgic (though I'm not sure why).

My only real complaint is the playing up of the "Loli Complex" jokes. These get out of hand pretty quick, in my opinion, and that's in any anime/manga, not just this one. There's also stealing of panties (seriously...? >_>).
Miliana
Michael
Sep 22, 2009
Tara
Apr 21, 2012

Tena on S-String (8 books)
  • Tena on S-String, Vol. 2
  • Tena on S-String, Vol. 3
  • Tena on S-String, Vol. 4
  • Tena on S-String, Vol. 5
  • Tena on S-String, Vol. 6
  • Tena on S-String, Vol. 7
  • Tena on S-String, Vol. 9 (Tena on S String, # 9)