Start by marking “Hello, Darkness” as Want to Read:
Hello, Darkness

Hello, Darkness

Librarian’s note: This is a previously-published edition of
Kindle ASIN: B000FC0POO.

Bestselling author Sandra Brown is the master of the knife-edge thriller. Her latest and most powerful novel to date, Hello, Darkness, is the gripping story of a woman haunted by her past and caught in a nightmare that threatens to destroy her future. It's a brilliant, fast-paced tale, el
Published 2004 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2001)

Mo
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, another SB book. Another hit. Seriously, this woman can write. As with her other books, didn't read too many reviews. Didn't want spoilers.

For Paris Gibson, her popular late-night radio show is both an escape and her one real contact with the outside world.
Since moving to Austin to ease the pain of past, tragic mistakes, she has led a life of virtual solitude, coming alive only when she hosts her show. To her loyal listeners, she is a wise and trusted friend who not only takes their musi
♥Sharon♥
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo PicMonkeyCollage_zpseb537926.jpg

This is another Sandra Brown winner for me. As with the other SB books I have read, the plot and characters continue to be strong, fascinating and thrilling. Various threads are woven together to create a plot that will have questioning everyone and second guessing everything.

photo ef8b9f2c-2bb0-4ef6-a122-2847999a92aa_zps8c651667.jpg

Paris Gibson’s life has changed. Walking away from a past that has caused her pain and heartache she moves to Austin to do something different. Being a late night radio broadcaster, she loves music and the connection it c
Ingie
Review written February 9, 2017

3.8 Stars - Just as entertaining as every romantic SB suspense I've read (listened to)

Back to the always delivering romantic suspense author Sandra Brown. As most often lazy me chosed the audiobook edition. — 13:30 interesting hours narrated by Victor Slezak. A great voice to have your ear plugs and probably my absolute #1 favorite SB books narrator.

**********************************************

Paris Gibson is the host of a very popular night radio show. One late
Mei
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I think this is the best book I've read by SB!

The story is really interesting and the way it is told is simply perfect!
While reading I felt like I was watching an episode from Criminal Minds! It was awesome!

I love everything about this one: Paris, Dean, the story, the mystery, just everything!

Bravo Ms. Brown! *applause*
Cheri
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I had to screw my head back on tight after all the head spins in this book. I thought I had it figured out about 5 times then Boom! I had to refigure. A lot of touchy issues in this book, but don't criticize SB for it......it's life. One of her very best :)
Karen
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

The only reason this wasn't a 5 for me was because of the amazingness of some of her other books.
Loved this.
Hollie
I have mixed feelings with this read. I think its easier to do a breakdown for this one. Here it is:

The pros:
* It did have a good balance of suspense
* The plot flowed well

The cons:
* There is cheating..........more than one instance - that’s not something I personally care for
* It seemed overly long and many of the details seemed redundant
* Way too many characters - it really took away from the main characters development
* Quite predictable

Overall, this book was just ok for me. I eagerly read it
Gena Puro
5 STARS!!!

My ultimate favorite of Ms. Brown's so far!! I admit that the second chance love story was a big factor on why I loved this book. I especially loved reading and discovering what happened in their past.

In other news, I have yet to guess right who the villain was, AGAIN. My dreams of being a cop is dwindling everday. Lol. ;)

SB-6
Gena-0
mich
This was my first Sandra Brown book. I dunno. . .her writing just might not be for me, I think. The dialogue seemed so dry. I felt like I was reading a story about boring old people (lol, sorry!)

The mystery aspect wasn't too bad, though.
fleurette
This is an average story by Sandra Brown, I have read some better ones but this one is not bad.

Paris, the popular late night radio voice, gets a call from Valentino who tells her he is going to kill his ex-girlfriend. Paris calls the police and, to her surprise, her old-time love Dean becomes involved as a police psychologist. They have to catch the killer fast or the girl is going to die.

Most of the story focuses on the suspense and it's good. The intrigue, though sometimes lacking in developme
-ya
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sandra-brown
A cheating plot is not necessarily a deal-breaker for me. Hello, Darkness is one of those books with subplots of cheating affair between H/h in the past and H being with another woman at the present. Great character development, second chance romance and suspense make the book worth reading.
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Another intriguing, twisted suspense by one of the best! This one kept me guessing until the end as there are no less than three possible suspects to consider as the serial killer. I was continuously thrown off course by the numerous twists & turns in the complex storyline and by the cast including several characters hiding dark secrets. A Must Read!
Maria Elmvang
Jul 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not high literature, but it had me captivated from page 1, and sometimes that's really all I ask. I was completely drawn into the story and Sandra Brown kept me guessing until pretty much the very last moment. I did think - as I typically do with her books - that things got wrapped up too quickly, but she writes such a ripping good tale that I can forgive her for that.

That said, this is probably one of the best Sandra Brown novels I've read. The plot was fascinating and I enjoyed following the d
Chris
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-shelf
Sandra Brown can always be counted on for a wonderfully spun story of suspense wrapped up in love story. Love her work!
Glen
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firstreads
I won this novel in a goodreads drawing.

The staple of countless cheesy Lifetime Channel movies is the story of the radio talk show hostess who is stalked by the usual maniac. She meets with the usual love interest, and the usual things happen. It all seems so cliched, so by the numbers. Maybe it's because I saw a rerun of the old comedy show Sledge Hammer! with the exact same premise just before I started that I feel so jaded concerning this book.

But I don't think so.

Totally skippable book.
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Wow! The Queen of romantic suspense Sandra Brown takes the reader on a journey where you are literally changing your mind about whodunit from page to the final page. She truly is the mistress of the genre. Twists and turns galore. Addictive reading.
Jackie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is more of a 3.5 for me. I wasn’t a huge fan but I do love this author so I bumped the score up, instead of down
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Wow! I LOVE Sandra Brown!!!

I have read a few of her books and they are all so great! Easy to read, suspenseful with a dash of romance, and all have a mega twist at the end you never saw coming! My overall favourite is "White Hot", but this one is another gem!!

Paris is the host of a late night radio show. When she relieves a phone call threatening her life and the life of one of her listeners, fate toys with her and forces her to work with Dean, whom she shares a history - an event that destroyed
willaful
I liked the romance in this one, but the mystery was kind of laboured. There was also a ton of slut-shaming. The hero's teenage son could get away with indiscriminate sexual activity and still be seen as a good kid, but the girls he did it with were villified.
Amy
Jan 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-abridged
CD/Romantic Thriller/Abridged: First a disclaimer; I used to work in radio in the 90s. That being said, you better get the technology and protocol correctly. The book had it wrong. The hardback to this book came out in 2003 and the radio station is in a large Texas market. I worked in three different stations in a small market and we had better technology. Paris chooses her own music log and it's hand written? Really? Radio stations went to CD in the 80s, but Paris is using cassettes? Four hour ...more
Kristen
In Sandra Brown's Hello Darkness, she had written us a scintillating thriller that would sent goosebumps down your spine. For Paris Gibson, her late night talk show was her way of escaping and communicating with the outside world. She would take their music requests and listen to their problems to give them advice. But when her isolated world was shattered by a caller named "Valentino", since he claimed her advice caused his woman to leave him, he vowed to kill her in 72 hours after he had abduc ...more
Gail
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is my second book by Sandra Brown and I have loved them both. The pace is relentless and you never know who the perpetrator is, even though you have your suspicions, until the very last. I cannot understand how I have not noticed these books before but, as I have, I am delighted. Yes, at times the story becomes slightly implausible, but as its just a brilliant, fast paced story, i overlook this totally. I highly recommend this book, and this author, to anyone who likes a really good myster ...more
Julie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I kept changing my mind about who the perp was - kept me guessing.
Jane Stewart
It kept my interest, but I didn’t feel like it was a good story. Parts were depressing.

It was more about victims than intriguing problem solvers. Somehow things felt contrived. I’m not sure why.

I liked the ending. It was complete.

The romance was good.

One bad guy threatened to kill the loved ones of a good guy if the good guy said what he knew. So that good guy was silent until the very end. That frustrated me. I did not enjoy reading that. It’s a helpless feeling of being blackmailed or held hos
Lara Kareem
So many characters and so many lives intertwined, all Sandra Brown's doing, to throw you off and not know who is the bad guy, it wasn't a bad at all, the story I mean, it was okay I guess.
Mojca
Paris Gibson, a radio personality, receives a disturbing call just before the end of her late-night show. Valentino, her "regular" listener, has kidnapped his latest girlfriend and is planning on killing her in twenty-two hours as revenge for trying to dump him. And he claims it's all Paris' fault for planting the idea into the girl's head.

Thus the race against the clock begins, mixed with ghosts and secrets from the past...

I thought The Crush was good, but this was even better. A great thriller
Drebbles
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2004
In this book by Sandra Brown, Paris Gibson is host of a late night radio program where she plays music and talks to listeners, sometimes giving them advice. As the book opens, Paris receives a phone call from someone calling himself "Valentino", saying he has kidnapped his girlfriend and will kill her within 72 hours. Paris goes to the police and runs into an old flame, Dr. Dean Malloy. Paris and Dean struggle with the past as well as their feelings for each other, while trying to find Valentino ...more
Bethany
I had read this book in the past many years ago and enjoyed the re-read. The plot is fairly simple, Paris works for a radio station and receives a call from a listener who plans to kill his girlfriend because Paris advised her to leave him. Paris then works with the police in an effort to locate the killer before his three day deadline arrives. The story is told from the view point of several characters including, Paris, a couple of the police officers, the victim, several suspects, and the kill ...more
Bridget
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started off slow for me but by the third chapter, it was picking up and gradually picked up even more from there. The reason it got a 4/5 instead of a 5/5 is because of the slow start and the moments that I would get bored throughout the book.

As always Sandra Brown keeps you guessing until almost the very end. That's what I do love about the books I have read and finished by her. It's also the reason I keep picking up her books, even though many times, it starts off slow. I am looking forwar
Goodreads Librari...: Description language 4 27 Mar 22, 2017 05:15PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book cover 3 16 Mar 20, 2017 02:44AM
Sanda Brown Super...: Hello, Darkness 1 2 Jul 29, 2014 04:42PM
Young Adult Ficti...: Hello Darkness, By Sandra Brown Review 1 18 Feb 07, 2014 09:39AM
test discussion 4 44 Apr 03, 2012 06:04PM
Readers Rule: Hello, Darkness by Sandra Brown 2 12 Mar 15, 2012 04:51AM
Books Stephen Kin...: Hello, Darkness (May Contain Spoilers) 27 47 Nov 17, 2011 06:38PM

• The Silken Web
  • Sweet Anger
  • Prime Time
  • Obsession
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
“From that she went directly into two minutes” 0 likes