Start by marking “Foxfire Bride” as Want to Read:
Foxfire Bride

Foxfire Bride

Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2004)

Start your review of Foxfire Bride
Mo
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fox is a woman as feisty as they come. Once the most sought-after scout west of the Rockies, she led folks through wild, unexplored terrain–until a gunshot wound ended her guiding career. She’s living a calmer life when a handsome stranger appears with an urgent request to take him to Denver immediately. The gold coins he offers catch Fox’s eye–and so do his sharp good looks. Fox can’t resist the chance to guide again, and can’t ignore the fire that burns in her body whenever she sees th
Lucie "a heart so wild"
10*, Great book
I love love this book. Fox is awesome. Tanner is wonderful, together they create a great and difficult adventure hand in hand together until love bound them.
Read this until the last word....superb!!!!
SheLove2Read
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Maggie Osborne
Shelves: 2010
(Spoiler alert! Stop reading if you don't want to know the ending)

I ♥ Maggie Osborne.

I really do. If I had to pick a favorite by her it would be Silver Lining with this book a very close 2nd. Osborne's characters are so REAL they make you want to be in the story with them.

This is the story of Fox, a woman as feisty as they come. She is a scout who leads people all over the Rocky Mountain territory. She's lived a hard life and has the scars to prove it. Her best friend and the only father she's
Jess the Romanceaholic
I recently discovered that I'm a sucker for Maggie Osborne books. Though not as good as Silver Lining, this is definitely going on my keeper shelf.

One trend that continues throughout MO's books are the tomboy heroine (who has a hard time cleaning up her language and dressing/acting like a "lady"), the fact the heroine isn't a virgin yet hasn't had any truly satisfying lovers/happy relationships in the past, and the hero who is wealthy and handsome and "out of her league".. This one, however, did
ChloeLeeNH
I found this at my library book sale this weekend. I don't normally go for the western theme. I thought I would try it out. The heroine Fox was a rough woman that could outdrink and outshoot anyone. She was definitely in the lead with this relationship and the hero was very much a beta male. Run of the mill for me but I didn't mind getting to the end.
Curlyhairlass19
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-fave-reads
This book was such a pleasant surprise!! I am so enjoyed and love these period reads with a passion. I fell head over heels for the heroine probably even more than the hero, and he was pretty darn epic. “Fox” was everything you’d want in a female hero. She was kick ass, smoked cigars, cussed, and used to handling business in any shape or form. She was basically raised by an African American cowboy due to the death of her parents when she was 11 or so. I loved Peaches Hernandez, and how much he l ...more
Mara
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
3.5
I probably would have enjoyed it more with a different ending or rather with different timing. She has lived all her life thinking about revenge and yes I can understand seeing the truth/light but accepting and forgiving or forgetting so quickly is too difficult to swallow. It was simply too pat.
Sharon
This has been my favorite 2011 read to date. I don't think I've laughed so much and so hard reading a story since Julie Garwood's The Wedding I read years ago.

Fox (h) is an absolute delight. She is my favorite kind of heroine... Feisty, outspoken, strong, courageous, hard headed, untamed, intelligent, honest and pure of heart.

Time: 1800's (late)

The story setting begins in Nevada where she is brooding over her consuming hatred for 1 man as she shapes a plot to head out to Colorado and kill him. A
MBR
4.75 Stars Historical Romance

If you want to read about heroines who are feisty, independent and live on the fringes of the society having to make do with what they have and are all the more strong for it, Maggie Osborne is always the author to look for. Fox is a heroine as feisty and independent as they come.

Full review which contains spoilers: http://bit.ly/9psOCj
Sometime
I love a good western. And I love a good story where the MCs go on a journey and spend the time getting to know and respect each other. I really liked the supporting characters. Loved this romance.

The only drawbacks for me were that the end of the journey dragged on just a tad too long and the h was just a bit too stubborn and "oh no, I'm not good enough it will never work" for too long.
herdys
3,5 stars!

I'm starting to see a patern when it comes to this author's heorines, but I still enjoyed the book ^^
Sonia189
From my blog:

In this book we meet Fox, an unconventional heroine but who deep down regrets her life has not followed a more traditional path.
The story begins when she and older friend/father figure Peaches are hired to be part of a team to guide a rich man to Denver, though secondary routes that might be dangerous, in order for him to carry a huge amount of gold part of a ransom mission.
Fox feels attracted to Tanner, the "boss", but although she feels like having an adventure, she also has a hi
Catarina Szelsky †
My first maggie book and i loved this one.. Cannot wait to read more of this author
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Sarahsbookshelf.com

A blog that I regularly get book recommendations from recently was hosting a love-fest featuring Maggie Osborne’s books. The guest blogger wrote about western heroines and the concept of true grit. This book recommendation was for both a genre and author I had not read before, so I was intrigued enough to give her a shot. This book was originally published around 2004, but the content makes it relatively timeless.

It’s easy to see why this author is such a
Bark
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this one very much. Maggie Osborne is an author who doesn't write your typical whiny, helpless, feminine heroine which is why I love her books so much and continue to buy them new.

Fox, one the best scouts around, and her elderly friend Peaches are eeking out a living selling ice when Fox is approached to lead an expedition by a man named Tanner who tempts her with lots of gold pieces and his ruggedly good looks, though she'll never admit it. Fox is the best and isn't afraid to boss the
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Jun 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans, history buffs, action-adventure fans, fans of strong female leads
Yes, I've read three Maggie Osborne books in the last two days. I don't like her writing or anything...

Anyone who enjoys romance, action, and adventure shouldn't find much fault with this book. I didn't like it as much as I liked The Promise of Jenny Jones, but I think that might be because Ty isn't in it;) Don't get me wrong, though, Tanner is an awesome male lead, definitely swoon-worthy, and Fox is a genuinely intriguing female lead. Well-written romances are hard to come by, but I think I've
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Predictable and surprisingly light considering the things that happen. It's sort of a lighter version of "Silver". Though predictable it has it's moments. I just wish there had been more characters development and less time on the road.
Amy Anton
Dec 20, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't finish...too stereotypical and I wasn't in the mood for the same old thing...
Brookebook
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great historical with a strong female lead by Maggie Osborne.
thepassivecontemplator
Foxfire Bride is the kind of book that builds your expectations throughout the whole book to lead up to a moment and then it fails to deliver the appropriate climax.

Saly
I liked the badass heroine and Peaches but the ending was bittersweet because she never got her revenge and gave it up for love.
Jannah (Cloud Child)
4.4/5

Maggie Osborne always creates such strong likeable and hilarious heroines in the wild west and Fox was no exception. Fox is a fiery redhead, rough on the edges with strong Scouting skills and a fire in her heart for revenge of a man who wronged her long ago. Living with Peaches, her stand in father (a former slave) while she recovers a shot to the leg by a rival, she waits for the day she can find the opportunity to get her revenge. Then Matthew Tanner appears on her doorstep needing her sc
Melanie
After the mixed reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. Early in the book, I found that I loved all of the characters in this book, the good and the bad. There's lots of adventure. There were several times throughout that I threw my head back and laughed! All the time I was reading it, I was thinking of what I would say about it in my review and I decided that I would say this wasn't a great book, but it was a good book.

BUT - by the time I got to page 330, everything changed. I cried - yes, cried
Seantheaussie
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samina ~ Escapism~
Another MAggie Osborne book read in a day. I adore her books now. There has not been a single story which brought tears to my eyes.
Angela
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the books that I will remember. Fox and Peaches are characters who will stay with me.
Liesye
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it.. strong heroine character. lots of surprises, and the story just makes me want to read it in one sitting.
Virginia
Always love reading about strong independent heroines. But unfortunately I found large parts of this book to drag out a bit.
Beatriz Valle
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy this endless trips across USA. This couple was very cute and original.

• Without Words
  • The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1)
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold
  • Sing My Name
  • Dancing on Coals
  • Into the Light (Sutton Family, #2)
  • Annie's Song
  • Promises Linger (Promises, #1)
  • Night in Eden
  • Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2)
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Texas Splendor (Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • Separate Beds
  • Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2)
  • My Dearest Enemy
  • A Rogue in Texas (Rogues in Texas, #1)
  • Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1)
aka
Margaret St. George

Maggie Osborne is the author of I Do, I Do, I Do and Silver Lining, as well as more than forty contemporary and historical romance novels written as Maggie Osborne and Margaret St. George. She has won numerous awards from Romantic Times, Affaire de Coeur, BookraK, the Colorado Romance Writers, and Coeur du Bois, among others. Osborne won the RITA for long historical from the