Start by marking “News For Dogs - Audio” as Want to Read:
News For Dogs - Audio

News For Dogs - Audio (Hotel for Dogs #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  345 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
From beloved author Lois Duncan comes the sequel to HOTEL FOR DOGS -- a brand-new adventure with Andi, her brother Bruce, and their canine companions!

Now that Andi is no longer running a hotel for dogs, she decides to start a new project -- a newspaper for dogs! With her brother Bruce and a few friends, the kids make a hit out of their paper. But they also attract the atte
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Scholastic Audio Books (first published April 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about News For Dogs - Audio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about News For Dogs - Audio

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

Now that Andi and Bruce are no longer running a hotel for dogs, they decide to start up a new venture: a newspaper for dogs.

Hoping to use the money to buy a dog from a neighborhood bully, the two use it as a moneymaking technique. The newspaper is a big hit, but they attract some unwanted attention. When the newspaper gets out of hand, their parents shut it down.

But then the dogs who were featured in the paper start disappearing, and their abductors begin d
Carol
Jun 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Granddaughter talked me into reading this and I actually ended up liking it pretty well. I gave the book 3 stars but if I were a young reader I might have given it 4. Mrs Duncan doesn't insult the intelligence of kids by making the plot to simple. I think they would find many characters that they could relate to in their everyday lives.

Ava
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolfe
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really cute, and I do recommend it for dog lovers. You don't really need to read the first book, but they're both really good!
Jessica charlettes
i am reading it right now and i love it
Brenda Montesdeoca
This book is great for people who like dogs, I hope you guys get to read it.
Josie Neal
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BOOK EVER
Lauren
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't good at all.
Cheyanne Perry
News For Dogs by Lois Duncan is a pretty good book. However, I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Yes, it is kind of like Hotel For Dogs, but in a different form. I liked reading this book, but it's not the greatest. I would recommend it to people who love dogs and/or dog books. Honestly, it would make a great book for an average of a 5th grader. This would not be a book I would read again any time soon, however, may glance at it in the future to review. what this is mainly about is ...more
Susan
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This is the second in the "dogs" series Duncan is writing. The first was "Hotel for Dogs." In this book Andi and Bruce decide to publish a newspaper for dogs. It's a big success, but they make a couple of mistakes and are shut down. Then dogs in their neighborhood start getting "dognapped" and they, with Aunt Alice's help, must find the dognappers.

I enjoyed this book, but it's not one of my favorites. Maybe if I were in 4th grade it would be, though.

I didn't like the way the kids' parents were
Carie
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of our state award nominees for grades 4-6 and I think it will be a big hit. First of all, it involves dogs - can't go wrong there. The main story revolves around the Dog newspaper that Andi and her brother Bruce start in their neighborhood. Bruce reluctantly joins in Andi's newspaper venture so he can earn money to buy a dog from his neighbor. The paper is more successful than they could have imagined. But success breeds jealousy also. Dogs begin to get kidnapped, and Bruce and Andi ...more
Jana
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty cute book. My ten year son and I started listening to this together on CD, but then he decided the narrator was too annoying, and didn't like her voices for the characters, so I read the rest to him. We had fun reading it. I think he was a little bored until the mystery started to really happen. He had the mystery figured out pretty early on, but I don't know if it was meant to be hard to figure out. I may give it more if I was his age, but I liked it well enough, but didn't lo ...more
Catherine
May 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book once I got into it. It's definitely a younger oriented story. The first part is more about the newspaper. The second half is interesting because it talks about how they used tracking devices and computers and such to solve the mystery and catch the kidnappers. Once I got to that part, I just had to finish it! I'm normally not a mystery/crime solving person but it was light-hearted enough that I liked it anyway. I would reccommend it to anyone who loves dogs and wants an ...more
Melissa
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for parents and a first grader to read together. This is the second book after Hotel for Dogs. The kids start a hilarious pet themed newsletter. However, intrigue and suspense commence when a neighborhood dog is kidnapped for ransom. The kids must uncover the dog nappers before the neighbors and themselves go broke trying to get their dogs back.
Emiley
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my book News For Dogs was about Andi and her older brother Bruce, and their journey to make a newspaper for dogs in her neighborhood. Then something goes wrong when dognappers on the loose. They made the dogs's owner pay a ransom to get their dog back.
Ginny Daniels
News for Dogs is an easy read for reluctant readers because it is easy to make connections to for children who have dogs as pets. It contains a flourishing newspaper business that has a brief online success. It also has dognappers and a crime to solve.
Alyssa
Jan 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was just a really fun, and cute book! I got it in 4th grade from my teacher, so I decided to read it.(finally). I finished it in around a day, give of take. Just a fun, adventerous book that's an easy read.
Naydelin Estrada
This is good book about dogs and more.
Veronika
Možná rok 2011? Nejsem si jistá :DDD
Shelby
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It made me laugh alot! if you like humurous dog books then i defintally would recommend this for you.
Christina
Sep 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud
I felt like this book had about 50 pages of unnecessary text, however, my girls loved it. I will advocate for anything that gets kids excited about reading.
Lisa
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm leading Annie's book club at St. Francis, so I'm reading what they read. So far, so good...
Olivia
So sweet!
Dondero
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jordan
I liked this book because it's about a newspaper for dogs.
Camille
I liked this book a lot :)
Karen Gibson
I listened to this book on audio and it took me a little bit to "get into it" but once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Katherine
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute!!!!!! Overflowing with adventure
Destiny
It is a charming tale about how a brother and sister decide to make a newspaper for dogs.They both invite their best friends to help on the paper.They soon find out their is dognapper in town.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Chewy And Chica (The Puppy Place Special Edition)
  • Hamstermagic (Animalmagic, #3)
  • Tango: The Tale of an Island Dog
  • Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel
  • Sheepdog in the Snow (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #1)
  • The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts (The Buddy Files, #2)
  • Pick of the Litter
  • Made You Look: How Advertising Works and Why You Should Know
  • Bulldog Won't Budge (Pet Trouble, #4)
  • Battle of the Bands (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #1)
  • Wishworks, Inc.
  • Woe Is I JR.: The Younger Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English in Plain English
  • Because of Shoe and Other Dog Stories
  • Showoff (Swindle, #4)
  • Comfort (Ann Fay Honeycutt #2)
  • On the Field with...Derek Jeter
  • When Life Gives You O.J.
  • Saving Zasha (Zasha #2)
Lois Duncan (born Lois Duncan Steinmetz) was an American writer and novelist, known primarily for her books for children and young adults, in particular (and some times controversially considering her young readership) crime thrillers. Duncan's parents were the noted magazine photographers Lois Steinmetz and Joseph Janney Steinmetz. She was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but grew up in Saraso ...more
More about Lois Duncan...

Hotel for Dogs (3 books)

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • On Turpentine Lane
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99