Start by marking “Near Life Experience” as Want to Read:
Near Life Experience

Near Life Experience

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
All it takes is one fateful phone call to change David's life: His ex-boyfriend is HIV-positive. Thinking back, it's all too easy to conclude he may have been exposed. With the support of his best friend Jason, David goes for testing, and the two weeks waiting for his results are a painful exercise in what ifs and what nows with only Jason – steady, calm, comforting Jason ...more
Published September 7th 2008 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Near Life Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Near Life Experience

Edina Rose
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The process of moving from best friends to lovers is absolutely perfect. Not too fast, not too slow, no insta love, no insta crazy lust.

Great friendship, good dialogues & good sex between two great characters.

Chris
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, ebook, owned, 2009, done
Very well done m/m romance about two friends whose friendship changes in interesting ways after one of them finds out an ex is HIV positive and goes in to be tested.
Karen
May 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, m-m, short
First m/m novel I've read that stars two Shakespearean actors, so points for that. I would have enjoyed seeing just a little more of that world woven into the plot. I'm guessing the author preferred to keep the book relatively light, but I would have liked to see a stronger AIDS subplot, in some form. However, I liked that the two friends moved slowly and somewhat awkwardly into a relationship--much more realistic than an insta-love story.
Kati
Nov 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Cute little story. Though I couldn't help noticing that it must've been heavily influenced by CWRPS J2 - it might have even started as a fanfic. Oh, I'm not complaining, definitely not. But all the time I expected to see Jared and Jensen, not David and Jason :P
qx
Dec 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: have
2.5
CB
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story with a good lesson for those who are paying attention. Appealing characters and a HEA. I found it an entertaining afternoon read.
Arthur
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A very nice novella about a very serious issue, but the author treats it lightly so the book still focuses on the romance between the main characters.
Enny
Dec 13, 2010
Jose
Jun 20, 2017
Peggy
Mar 12, 2011
Julina
rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2013
Apr 19, 2010
Jonathan Treadway
Feb 23, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Alix lives in the coastal mountains of Northern California with her partner and their dog. She’s been writing for as long as she can remember in a variety of genres, including fiction, erotica, poetry, and nonfiction and has even managed to get some of it published from time to time.

Sexuality is the cornerstone of her life and work and always has been, through two degrees and several life plans. H