Start by marking “Wedding Bell Blues (Konigsburg, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wedding Bell Blues (Konigsburg, #2)

Wedding Bell Blues

(Konigsburg #2)

Who knew you could find the love of your life at the wedding from hell…

Konigsburg, Book 2

Janie Dupree will do anything to make sure her best friend has the wedding of her dreams, even if it means relinquishing what every bridesmaid covets and never gets—the perfect maid-of-honor dress. Problem is, family drama as tangled as a clump of Texas prickly pear cactus threaten

Published July 21st 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published July 18th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Bell Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Bell Blues

Ridley
Jan 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Fans of straight contemporaries with a dash of humor would do well to check this series out. Benjamin writes wonderful and well-rounded characters without resorting to shorthand.

Her villains need some work, though. They're rather one-dimensional compared to her fully fleshed out protagonists, weakening the story ever so slightly.
Lisa
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
I had this feeling through the whole book that the author just did not know when to quit. The book was about 200 pages too long and extremely redundant. I would have given it one star, but I actually liked the hero and heroine way better than the two from the first book.
Erotic Horizon
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

WEDDING BELL BLUES can be read on it's own, but I would not recommend it - as the personalities that I know and love takes a back seat to the drama of the wedding in this second book, but they creep in every now and again and without reading the first book, you will definately be missing out.

The book starts off with small town Konigsburg preparing for the wedding of the year, now that Docia has agreed to marry Cal. As with all not normal wedding with a hyperactive mother of the bride -
Tracy
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
~* 4.5 Stars *~
Pete Toleffson is in Konigsburg, Texas because his brother Cal has finally convinced his fiance Docia to have a wedding ceremony. He's Cal's best man, but he has no idea what a best man is supposed to do, exactly. He's pretty sure he's not supposed to punch his brother, but the impulse is there every time he catches sight of Calthorpe's ever-present and perpetually satisfied grin. It's not that Pete begrudges his brother's happiness, but Pete's in a strange town full of stranger p
Val Pearson
Jul 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Blurb:

Who knew you could find the love of your life at the wedding from hell ....

Konigsburg, Book 2

Janie Dupree will do anything to make sure her best friend has the wedding of her dreams, even if it means relinquishing what every bridesmaid covets and never gets - the perfect maid-of-honor dress. Problem is, family drama as tangles as a clump of Texas prickly pear cactus threatens to send the skittish bride hopping aboard the elopement express.

Janie could use a hand, but the best man's "help
bhavab+groknotlink2amazon.com
fantastic!!
Jennie Smith
Jun 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Benjamin definitely didn’t disappoint with this one either! Pete came to Texas thinking that all he wanted to do was get back to his job that was (literally) making him sick and all Janie wanted was for Pete to step up and take on the role he was here to be… best man. Pete found out pretty quickly that he wasn’t going to be able to push Janie away and leave as quickly as he came.

Benjamin did a wonderful job showing Janie as the strong, independent woman that she so desperately wanted to be and
C is for **censored**
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
The star rating given reflects my opinion within ‘the official goodreads rating system’. (Notice the two important words... OPINION and RATING)

1 star: Didn’t Like it
2 stars: It’s Okay
3 stars: Liked it
4 stars: Really Liked it
5 stars: It Was Amazing

I don’t really give a rat-fuck that there are some who think I ‘owe’ an explanation for my opinion. Nope, nada, and not sorry about it.

Sometimes I may add notes to explain what my opinions are based on, and sometimes I don’t. I do this for me, on my boo
MountainKat
Take the wedding from hell with one disaster after another, add a Momzilla and a conniving future mother-in-law, toss in a gold digger and a macho abusive SOB of a boyfriend... Oh, and a dog - I almost forgot the dog! That is pretty much the premise here! The Best Man and Maid of Honor, our hero and heroine, did their best to keep it all together and keep the wedding on track. Pete and Janie were fixers, do- gooders, the nice guys who made things better for everyone else. But finally at the end, ...more
Calisto
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Janie will do everything she can in order for her best friend to have the wedding of her dreams, including putting up with the rather annoying best man and brother of the groom. When family drama threatens the wedding, the two join forces to make sure things go off without a hitch and find that they have more in common they could have imagined.

I have to say that normally I'm not a fan of small town contemporary romances but this series is quite good, especially this book. Both characters are qui
Manda Collins
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Robyn Carr, Rachel Gibson
Shelves: contemporary
Another funny, sexy romance from Meg Benjamin. This one followed the romance between Pete, the workaholic lawyer brother of Cal, the hero of VENUS IN BLUE JEANS, and Janie, who works in Docia's bookstore. They also happen to be the best man and maid-of-honor in Cal and Docia's upcoming wedding. Pete's another beta Toleffson brother, but with harder edges than Cal, and more baggage. Janie is a good girl who always tries to do the right thing, which has left her living with her mother and dating t ...more
Elyse Snow
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is maybe my favorite of the Konigsberg books. The humor is great here, and Pete and Janie are a nicely matched couple. While the love story of Pete and Janie is a stand-alone, the set-up for the next two books, and the follow-through of the previous one get nicely balanced as subplots to the central love story. Janie is a surprisingly sassy and funny heroine. Pete is smart and competent, but completely unhappy in his "perfect" job. The plot twists and winds, and carries you along nicely. Th ...more
Kaetrin
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
This is a cute and sexy contemporary which picks up about a year after the events in Venus in Blue Jeans. Cal and Docia are just about to get married and Janie, Docia's maid of honour is determined that her friend will have the wedding she wants. Pete Toleffson is Cal's brother, in town to be the best man. It was nothing earth shattering but fun and enjoyable. I really liked Pete and Janie and it was nice to meet the other Toleffson brothers, Erik and Lars. The mother of these 4 strappi
Christy Jones
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
,Another great story from Meg Benjamin. You don't have to read the first book, Venus in Bluejeans to enjoy this book, but you would be missing out on a great read. This book is about Pete (brother of Cal from first book) and Janie (friend of Docia's from first book) doing their best man and maid of Honor's duties for Cal and Docia. One mishap after another, a sister-in-law from hell, and meddling in -laws makes this an enjoyable read. Can't wait to read about Lars and Jess.
Mlleelizabeth
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Jill Fox
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really wasn't sure about this book when I downloaded it, but once I started reading it I didn't want to put it down.

It really was a lovely book with a lovely story line and lovely main characters.

Sue
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
The second romance in the Konigsburg series matches the second brother with a local light at the wedding of the first brother that results from the first book. More character study and less mystery than the first, it's not as plot driven, but it's still fun.
Chelsea
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!!!!!
Netty
Oct 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: meg-benjamin
I did like this but it did drag on a bit. I was skimming pages at one point!
Tara Cadenelli
Jul 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
excellent! maybe not quite as good as the first, but still great. i love this little town and it's people. perfect fantasy small town romance. can't wait until the next one!
Kelly Homan
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like this one the best. It is the funniest in the series.
Pirouette
Not very fond of the cover, but the book is fun.
Diane
Aug 04, 2012
Anne
Feb 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Seducing Allie (Seattle Steam, #3)
  • Hearts Awakened (Hearts of the South, #6)
  • The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries #1)
  • A Man Like Mac
  • The Way Home (Jamesville, #2)
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • Unraveled
  • The Sister Swap
  • Bachelor's Bait (Cocktales, #3)
  • Love Me
  • Compromising Positions
  • No Matter What (The Billionaire Bargains, #1)
  • Biting Me Softly (Biting Love Series)
  • The Door Into Spring (Wes & Mal, #1.5)
  • Flyboy
  • Hell Bent: Love Kills... Professionally
  • Hearts on Fire
Meg Benjamin is an award-winning author of romance. Her newest series, the Folk, is a paranormal series from Soul Mate Publishing set in Colorado. Meg’s Konigsburg series is set in the Texas Hill Country and her Salt Box and Brewing Love trilogies are set in the Colorado Rockies (all are available from Entangled Publishing). Along with contemporary romance, Meg is also the author of the paranormal ...more

Konigsburg (8 books)
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • Be My Baby (Konigsburg, #3)
  • Long Time Gone (Konigsburg, #4)
  • Brand New Me (Konigsburg, #5)
  • Don't Forget Me (Konigsburg, #6)
  • Fearless Love (Konigsburg, #7)
  • Hungry Heart (Konigsburg, #8)