Start by marking “The Treasure Bath” as Want to Read:
The Treasure Bath

The Treasure Bath

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Have you ever wondered what lies beneath the bubbles in the bathtub? Embark on a magical journey with a little boy as he explores a creature-filled world beneath the sea.

This wordless picture book for the very young is full of imagination and surprise. Never has bath time been such a thrilling (and soapy!) adventure.
Published August 18th 2009 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about The Treasure Bath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Treasure Bath

Kathryn
Aug 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kathryn by: Crystal
This is a very cute wordless picture book about a little boy who has to take a bath after getting a bit messy helping Mom bake a cake. The expressions are so cute as he looks so reluctant at first, then imagination takes over and he inevitably has a fun time in his "treasure bath." I admit that I am probably not the best target audience for wordless picture books as I gravitate toward words more than pictures, but I'm trying to build my appreciation and familiarity with wordless picture books an ...more
Melissa
These illustrations are clear and bright and not too detailed for a storytime crowd. Love the details: the boy tucked behind mom's legs when the hot oven is open; his slightly stooped shoulders as he is led into the bathroom for his bath; the pulled-up eyebrows as the shirt is squeezed over his head; his look of resignation as he begins to make the best of it and play with his boat in the tub...then the TOTAL surprise as the fish pop out of the water. PLUS how funny is it that the treasure chest ...more
Crystal Marcos
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Oh so cute wordless book! A story about a adorable little boy and his loving mother who set out to bake a cake together. Cake batter + little boy = big mess = bath time! I love the illustrations. This book is perfect for little ones right before bath time. Being a mother of a 13 month old, I can really appreciate this one.
Kaitlin
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Have you ever wondered what’s really in your bathtub? ‘Treasure Bath’ is a tale for all young readers who find a new and magical world when it is bath time. We follow a youngster as he dives beneath the bubbly surface to find a map that will lead him to a grand treasure of some kind. A bunch of fish, an octopus, and a whale follow him as he swims for the lost bath treasure. But what he finds is anything but treasure! Soon the sea creatures are forcing him to get clean using the soap supplies tha ...more
Lindsay Rains
Sep 08, 2014 added it
Shelves: libs-642
Andreasen, D. (2009). The Treasure Bath. New York: Henry Holt and Company.

No Review Source Necessary (really liked)

Picture Book Soak

This picture book is about a boy who takes a bath after making a cake with his mother. While in the bath tub, the boy ends up on an imaginary adventure with underwater creatures. The illustrations were created with oil on bristol board and they are bright and colorful. The illustrations make you feel like you are under the sea. There are no words in this picture boo
Madison
The Treasure Bath is about a boy who gets messy while making a cake. He is forced to take a bath but once he goes underwater the bath turns into a huge ocean where he has to find the treasure chest that holds a very important part of his bath. I thought this book clearly told a story unlike some other wordless picture books. The images were bright and colorful.
The artistic stye of this book reminded me of cartoon images that were also a little more realistic. Each page was covered with images,
Ruby
Oct 01, 2013 added it
I loved reading this book with my brother. It reminded him of himself, this book is about a little boy and what strange things happening in the bath. He's dirty and is unhappy he has to take a bath. Until he realizes that his bath is the sea. The fish and undersea creatures lead him to a treasure, and he's so excited he can't wait to look inside. And its tons of soap. And since he's worked so hard to find it, he has to use it now with his new friends. Even if its not in away he enjoys all that m ...more
Cassie
Ages 1 and up. This wordless book can appeal to a wide range of ages since it centers around taking a bath. And children can practice their narrative skills and sequencing as they add their own narration to the pictures. It encourages imagination and creativity. It is also a book that children can act out in their own bath tubs.
Alice
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
As you know by now, I don't care for books with no words. The site is called "GOOD READS" not "GOOD PICTURES TO LOOK AT" However, I do like the pictures. And I suppose it is good for early readers to be able to tell their own story with just the pictures. I will give it that. SO, don't hate it don't love it, it is just fine!
Terry
Jan 27, 2011 marked it as wish-list
Shelves: pb-fiction
In October 2009, Tasha Saeker introduced her readers to The Treasure Bath in this review. I'm intrigued by wordless books, and am intrigued by the idea of a "vivid daydream." From Tasha: "The joyful and jolly spirit of this book is what captured me immediately."
Shelli
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
One of those wordless books that tell of silly adventure through bright pictures. Super cute book that is great fun to tell your own version of what is happening. What do you think the characters are thinking and saying??
Asho
We've started a new book bundle: books about bath time! The Treasure Bath is a wordless picture book that is really quite cute. The little boy's facial expressions are great. I especially loved the images of the toddler marching across the ocean floor and being scrubbed by the octopus.
Leila T.
Apr 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I don't know why I always get "thrown" by textless books, but I do. On the other hand, M was entranced! "What's going to happen next?" with wide eyes. This has great illustrations, with a good amount of detail to encourage discussion/storytelling.
MissInformation
Oct 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Wordless. Little boy who has made a mess of the kitchen must bathe. After he dives into his bath, he wrenches open a treasure chest and finds it filled with... soap and shampoo. There is the compensation of cake at the end.
Elizabeth
Wordless, imaginative picture book about a little boys bath time. Worked wonderfully in storytime although I worried a bit that the kiddos or parents would make comments about the baby being naked (although nothing showed).
Lonica
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
This cute little story, told without any words, has great images and is a cute little tale.
Beth
Charming wordless story about a boy having an adventure in the bathtub. Good for little pre-readers and for "Catch a Reading Wave" Summer Reading displays.
Sandi
Feb 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: t-l-306
This story has no words but great illustrations! Very good book to teach children how to predict.
Angela
Jun 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Super cute book. No words, but a great story.
Susan
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jacob-loves
I love everything about this book, including making up the story with my little one. It doesn't have any words, but it's so fun to read it together!
Jeanne
Dec 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
You can't "read" this book in that it has no words, but I found myself telling myself the story as I flipped through the pages, smiling.
Jill
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Adorable wordless book about bath time and going to bed.
Natalie
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this picture book. P loved it too! The pictures are engaging and adorable. We've read this so many times.
Katie
Shelves: narrative-skills
wordless picture book
Lacey
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute illustrations and a fun way to be able to make up your own story since there are no words! Very creative and enjoyable.
Damera Blincoe
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beautiful illustrations
Hannah
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: for-the-kids
The mom is too skinny. No words
Geni
Great book with no need for words...the pictures tell themselves. Boost the imagination and need for kids to use their own words...to tell the story.
« previous 1 3 4 next »