Start by marking “Wolf Captured (Firekeeper Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Captured (Firekeeper Saga, #4)

Wolf Captured

(Firekeeper Saga #4)

Raised by sentient, language-using wolves, then later plunged back into human society, young Firekeeper has found that her training as a pack animal stands her in good stead amidst deadly political intrigues.

When Firekeeper and her Royal Wolf companion Blind Seer are kidnapped and dragged overseas, they must maneuver for their lives in an unfamiliar new society
Published October 1st 2005 by Tor Fantasy (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Captured, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Captured

Férial
3.5 stars actually. Not 4 and I just exactly don't know why I would rate this one lower than the 3 first books of the series. Let's just say that I feel like it.

This book was different as it focussed only on Firekeeper, Blind Seer and Derian. No Doc nor Elise nor anyone of Hawk Haven or Bright Bay. Actually, this story takes place in an unknown country called Liglim and situated South and across the ocean where our 3 main protagonists were unwillingly brought.

Well, I won'
Mary
Apr 03, 2008 rated it liked it
4th Book in series. If only Firekeeper kicked more @$$.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
If you've read my reviews for the previous books in the series, you probably know that I've been really struggling with these books. While the ideas have been interesting, the execution has been too long and lacking in enough action or drama to keep the pages turning swiftly. The books are slow, rather unsatisfying reads. In some ways, this one was better and in others worse.

First, the better. I really liked the change in setting, although I found the kidnapping scenario a bit far-fe
Cayleigh
Aug 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Fourth in the series about Firekeeper, the young girl raised by intelligent wolves, this book immediately captured and kept my attention as Firekeeper, Blindseer and Derian Carter are abducted and taken to a previously unknown land. Derian is one of my favorite characters from this series and having it be just these three main characters focused on in this book made me happy. Here they meet a people who all know about the Royal/ Intelligent animals and they want Firekeeper to teach them how to b ...more
Flora
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series
Book 4: Lindskold takes Firekeeper, Blind Seer and Derian Carter to a completely different environment but manages to loop the story neatly back to Eagle's Nest. You really have to have read the previous books. The new Liglimom characters introduced, the strange beast souls, are a stretch. But I loved the Wise Horse character even though like other Wise Beasts, it(he?) cannot talk. I will continue to stick with this series...
MK
Jun 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I was wondering what Lindskold had in store for Firekeeper and her friends next. This book was a good way for her to open up more routes to write instead of falling into the usual expected plots
Jenny
Apr 16, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed
Great book, but can be a little long winded in places. The storyline and characters was very original. All in all a good read.
Dallass
How did this happen? I only meant to read a page or two, and a couple of hours later (it’s just after midnight) and I finally finished the final pages. My eyes feel dry and miserable, but I’m so glad to have read this book as a whole lot more is revealed about Firekeeper’s past, including her identity, and her relationship with Blind Seer becomes complicated.

None of the other characters make an appearance as Firestarter, Blind Seer and Derian have been abducted and are spirited away
Caitlin Gonya
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read an article somewhere that Jane Lindskold was upset people were talking this book 1 of her second Firekeeper saga. But, in a way, it kinda is a second saga for and about Firekeeper and Blind Seer.

In this novel, book 4, Firekeeper, Blind Seer, and Derian are kidnapped and shipped to a whole new country. To these 3, it's more like a different world, as the Liglimosh actually are aware of Royal Beasts. In fact, they appear to almost worship these Royal Beasts, or Maimalodalum. Firekeeper is
Lynda
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoy watching characters grow. I enjoy meeting new characters in an on-going series. I enjoy unexpected twists. I enjoy figure something out before the author tells you. I got to have all of these in this story. A win all around!
Accalia
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: collection-read
A little much and a whole new background that makes your head spin. A solid story though and one I enjoyed! I only have one complaint: Rashnieesta or what's her name. She's an ungrateful rat. Three pages before the ending and she ruins a perfectly happy ending. I hope a seagull pisses on her hair!
Nihilistic Librarian
Fantastic continuation of the series, I enjoyed this book much more than the previous one. A new country, a new set of politics, a religion inclusive of the Royal animals, and some devious higher-ups that really kept the story from going into a lull. Already into #5!
Morgan
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed it, I skimmed enormous sections of the book with Waln and the acolyte he was with. He's a hateful mind. I don't think they added much to the story. It also ended rather abruptly, without much for resolution between Darien and Rahniseeta.
Michael Morrison
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
More than decent, but maybe not where I should've started.
Adam Baldwin
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Personally I'm not a fan of the location shift, and couldn't invest in the new characters. For me, the series went downhill from here on.
Sandy
3.5 ish
This one got a bit draggy.
Lucille
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
This book took me longer than usual to get through. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into it that much. I think it's because almost every book in this series introduces yet another set of characters and a new religion/folklore/tale of history. This installment begins with Derian, Firekeeper and Blind Seer being captured by strange darker skinned people. Derian was used as bait to lure Firekeeper onto the boat, and then they are taken to sea. They are being kidnapped to the southern nati ...more
Carol
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
This book is the fourth in a series of fantasy novels. The books are connected, but the plots are self-contained (i.e., this is not one continuous story spread out over several books). Firekeeper, one of the principal protagonists, is a feral child raised by wolves and recently reintroduced into human society. She is accompanied by Blind Seer, a member of the wolf pack who raised her. The third main character, Derian Carter, is Firekeeper's first and best friend in the human world. In the world ...more
Robert
Mar 31, 2008 rated it liked it
Jaye
Jun 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Firekeeper is one of my favorite female protagonists. She's an incredibly strong character. Her relationships and interactions with the other characters are dynamic and engaging.

I will say, this installment hasn't been my favorite of the series. Since I found Firekeeper/Blind Seer more interesting, I ended up skimming a good portion of the chapters told from other viewpoints. Still, I'm confident I got the basic gist. Also, a number of the character- and place-names were a mouthful. I didn't li
Megalion
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a re-read of Firekeeper's saga. I first read this circa 2006-2007 and really enjoyed these books. "Girl raised by wolves" proves to be a great launching point for a rich fantasy series and this book added a whole new dimension to it.

We meet people who are aware of and celebrate "royal" kind animals and also learn more of Firekeeper's origin story.

Sometimes series tend to get draggy after several books. They may still be satisfying reads but not as wonderful as the early books. For me,
Aelvana
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
She's gotten better at writing politics that don't leave me rereading passages and struggling to remember names. Firekeeper remains as likable as ever. This time she's gotten kidnapped and taken to a place where animals seem to be worshiped, which evolves into a whole mess about the local wildlife, the local rulers, and a little less than a dozen of her own people that are there along with her. My favorite scenes were when Firekeeper was living among the wolves. I hadn't read the previous books ...more
Alien_duck
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: real-book, own
I am totally in love with this series! I could read it forever.

Some nit-picky points though.
1) At the end of Dragon of Despair, Firekeeper says she will head home, to talk to her wolf family about >plot point<. I was expecting there to be some mention of this discussion and what she learned somewhere in this book. There wasn't, and I'm not twitchy because I was looking forward to finding out just wtf.

2) I dislike the new setting and the new names. I had enough
Jeffrey
May 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Taylor
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've finished reading the entire Firekeeper series for the eigth time this week and though Through Wolf's Eyes will always be my favorite, Wolf Captured will always be special to me.
I think Firekeeper's character is expanded by being able to spend time with wolves other than her home-pack. Blind Seer and Firekeeper's relationship is also put on the spot light and I feel that they became even closer towards the end of the book.
There isn't much more I can say with out giving too many spoile
Elise
Dec 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is my favorite so far. The Maimalodalum are very interesting, and we finally find out who spoke to Firekeeper when she was a child, the voices from the memories she has during her dreams. This one was action-packed the whole way through. And poor Derian. Just as we think he finds a wife, it doesn't work out.
I think what I like most about this book is the differences in culture and language. There's more of it in this book than there was in Dragon of Despair. This culture is m
Paul
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
As usual for the books in this series, this one starts slow but ends strong. The author uses the crude device of kidnapping the main characters and shipping them to a new land to showcase her excellent world building skills, developing a (much needed IMO) new society that integrates well with the existing ones.
Jenn
Aug 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
This was a horrible book in this series! The plot was slow and just was ridiculous. It took me six weeks to get half way through the book because I just didn't want to pick it up. As much as I've enjoyed the series I really don't know if I'll finish it now.

It's too bad this one was so awful. It surprised me.
Heather
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorites in this series. Firekeeper, Derian, and Blindseer are kidnaped to a foreign country. I liked seeing them together, even if we see no other returning heros. I also liked seeing the new culture.
Kendra
May 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another excellent book! I like where the author is taking this, more info one the Wise Beasts, back-history, so to speak. A bit overdone with the religious aspect, though I can certainly see it. Sad ending, can't wait for the next book.

• Silver Moons, Black Steel (Wolfwalker, #6)
  • The Lesser Kindred (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #2)
  • Shattered Dance
  • Mind-Speaker's Call (Ghatti's Tale, #2)
  • The Griffin's War (The Fallen Moon #3)
  • Royal Destiny (Queen of the Orcs, #3)
  • Path of Honor (Path, #2)
  • Night of the Wolf (Legends of the Wolf, #2)
  • A Host of Dragons (Dragon Delasangre, #4)
  • Legacy of the Wolf: Cheysuli Omnibus #2
  • Spectyr (Book of the Order, #2)
  • Sword and Sorceress XIII
Jane Lindskold is the author of more than twenty published novels, including the six volume Firekeeper Saga (beginning with Through Wolf’s Eyes), Child of a Rainless Year (a contemporary fantasy set in Las Vegas, New Mexico), and The Buried Pyramid (an archeological adventure fantasy set in 1880's Egypt).

Lindskold is also the author of the “Breaking the Wall” series, which begins with

Firekeeper Saga (7 books)
  • Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga, #1)
  • Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart (Firekeeper Saga, #2)
  • The Dragon of Despair (Firekeeper Saga, #3)
  • Wolf Hunting (Firekeeper Saga, #5)
  • Wolf's Blood (Firekeeper Saga, #6)
  • Wolf's Search (Firekeeper Saga Book 7)