Start by marking “Dust to Dust (Prophecy #1)” as Want to Read:
Dust to Dust (Prophecy #1)

Dust to Dust (Prophecy #1)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  1,142 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews

Not long ago, Scott Bryant would have described himself as an ordinary guy. But one act of heroism has changed his life forever--or at least until the apocalypse occurs. Because the end of the world is on its way.

Suddenly and inexplicably possessed of superhuman strength, Scott finds himself allied with the enigmatic and alluring Melanie Regan in a quest to find the myster

Published (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dust to Dust, please sign up.

Amanda Ashby aristides I can't find anything that says she has written a second one :( Someone else said it's supposed to have three more books in the series. Darn! I am…moreI can't find anything that says she has written a second one :( Someone else said it's supposed to have three more books in the series. Darn! I am just starting the book!
(less)

Jim
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The best method to enable the reader to get anything out of this book is imagine that you are watching one of those cheesy, awfully bad movies on SyFy channel. There, now you don't want to put your head through a plate glass while reading this book. My biggest problems with this book are the completely 2 dimensional characters and the dialogue that is not believable at all. Many of the characters aren't consistent, which I guess would be a very human trait as I don't know anybody that has 1 sing ...more
Shelly
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 At first I struggled to get into this book, but by the middle I couldn't put it down. I really liked the characters and the plot was very unique. The action scenes kept it moving and I am always a fan of Heather Graham's writing style. I am disappointed to see that this is the only book written in the series. Hopefully there will be some more!
Gina
Sherry
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, this is Heather Graham at her best and at the top of her game. The way she described the "Alliance" and how "they" overcome or overcame their baser desires to be something more. It reminded me of how we humans are in a constant inner sruggle to overcome and be something better.

Although I did wonder about Sister Maria Elizabetas "blood sacrafice" there at the end and how it came down to being the "essence" of holy as the turning point in their fight against Bael. How in
Fenix Rose
Oh was this book good.
I raced through it, it was that easy to read and engaging. I mean you just dont want to put it down.
I love that the nature of the main characters, what they truly are is kept secret, just given little hints, till half way through the book. You get to know the characters without any preconceived notions regarding that type of person.
The violence, battle scenes are not graphic not is the love scene..all tastefully done while painting a vibrant picture and connecting you to w
Windy Skirt
Kim Samuel
Not a bad bit of fiction. Character names were a little confusing Meg & Mel in to many fast conversations in the start together. Overall, pretty good with a nice moving plot and it built right.
Chibineko
Nov 25, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon-vine
As a big Heather Graham fan, I sat down to read this book the instant the postman delivered this. I've read almost all of her books so far & I've only read one that I thought was terrible. It seems that this one is vying for that position, but is only marginally better than "Picture Me Dead".

The story surrounds Scott Bryant, a guy who helps an elderly couple & gains super strength & speed. Immediately after this the story jumps to Melanie, an animal trainer who suddenly gains the po
Doris
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heather-graham
Despite this being the first book in the Prophecy series, it appears to connect with and contain a number of characters of the Alliance - another group of eight books published by Heather Graham between 1999 and 2007. And the heroes of this new adventure also appear to have extraordinary powers, including impressive strength and speed, while based upon the Zodiac Earth signs - Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Intrigued? So was I.
As is often the case, everything starts quite innocently, but the seque
Kelly Moran
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
for amazon vine review...
Author Heather Graham is a NY Times best-selling author of more than a hundred novels in the romance and sub-genres of romance. Her books have been on the Doubleday Book Club and the Literary Guild. She’s currently the VP of the Horror Writers’ Association. She resides in Florida.
One act of heroism had changed Scott Bryant’s life forever. Now, with superhuman powers, Scott has teamed up with the alluring Melanie Regan after both having mysterious dreams about finding a w
Laura Ruetz
I normally love Heather Graham books. She wraps up history, mystery and the paranormal all in one and that's a triple play that I love. However, this book felt like a let down. A big let down. A really big let down, do you sense where I am going with this?

The characters were never really developed much and there was one huge "fact" in the first few chapters of the book that drove me nuts. For an author who always fills her books with historical research and facts, doing a little bit of research
Susanne Leist
May 09, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've read most of Heather Graham's books. Some are good and some aren't, but this one is the worst. I was excited to find this one because it continues with characters from her older books. Unfortunately, the story is one battle after another against skeletons. There are only so many ways a skeleton can be killed and this book has shown all these methods over and over again. Shoot them, chop off their heads, throw holy water at them, etc... And then they rise up again everywhere. And the scenari ...more
Michael
This is a story of good against evil that is different enough to be entertaining and yet believable.

Scott Bryant and Melanie Regan are two normal people who are suddenly given powers that they can use to fight against evil.

They are drawn to the Oracle. It is a place of good but they don't know exactly what it is.

Heather Graham has a talent for telling a good story and creating memorable characters.

Told in a manner that reminded me of "The Stand," Scott and Melanie follow a spiritual summons to
MJ
Aug 19, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liked-it, paranormal
Scott Bryant was an average guy until one act of heroism changed his life for ever. Events have been set into motion that will bring about the apocalypse and Scott is one of the Chosen to save mankind. Now with super human strength and speed Scott teams up with Melanie Regan a women with a secret that she will protect at any cost. But now is not the time for secrets, if they want to save the world they will have to trust each other completely or fail.

This is the first in Heather Graham's new ser
Anna Mcfadden
Scott Bryant would have described himself as an ordinary guy. But one act of heroism has changed his life forever— Suddenly and inexplicably he possessed of superhuman strength, Scott finds himself allied with the enigmatic and alluring Melanie Regan in a quest to find the mysterious Oracle in hopes of averting the absolute destruction of earth, Melanie herself has been falling into trances, sketching terrifying visions of future events—and she wants answers. but even she cannot fathom the power ...more
Jodi
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This book had such potential but it required that you had read her other books that deal with the Alliance. Scott has a chance meeting with an old man (whose life is he trying to save) and the old man says some things that make Scott superhuman. He meets up with Melanie while trying to use his powers for good. (Don't mean to be snide. Up through this point, the book was terrific.) It was even interesting while trying to solve the 2012 Mayan prophecy. But the relationship between Scott and Melani ...more
Deedee
Half The Da Vinci Code, half Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with a dollop of "love at first sight" -- sounds good, right? In the first half of the novel, this combination works; in the second half of the novel, this combination does not work. At all. Internal consistency is sacrificed to set-piece scenes. And ... out of nowhere .... (Major (view spoiler). A sequel was planned but apparently never got published.
Robin
Jul 16, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graham-heather
I usually like most of what H Graham writes. This book is the exception. It just seemed not all organized or right somehow. I must say I was somewhat not happy with this book. She seems to have missed the mark on this one.

Book is about a Scott Bryant and Melanie Regan. Out of the blue - one happy day they discover they have super powers. They learn how to handle them and the story moves on from there. It was slow paced and at times actually boring which is so surprising for me considering I like
Lori
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather Graham is one of my favorite authors! This book was a bit different than any of her other's being that it was based on the apocalypse. I really enjoyed the fast pace and the many levels of this story. It was full of adventure, suspense, secrets and bonds created through necessity. With that being said, I am sad that Heather has not written any more in this series. I think this could have been a great story to continue on to the next book. Maybe one day she will decide to finish this seri ...more
Viridiana Ruiz
Mar 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
It took me forever to finish this book, and I just finished it because I never let a book unread. I did not like the writing style of this author, she repeats things a lot. I picked up this book because the synopsis sounded very good, and I had never read an apocalyptic book before, but it turned out to be about vampires. This is supposed to be the first book in a series that I do not plan to finish.
Miranda Nixon
Andrea
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Let me say wow. HG came through yet again with a wonderful start to a whole new series. Everyone I think has thoughts about the end of the world...how it will happen....when it will happen. HG hit this with leads from former books along with new people in a series written about saving the world. I thought it was very well thought out and written, and the leads were fantastic, and of course the whole plot was great. I'm looking forward to reading the next three novels in this series.
Nancy
Sep 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After saving an old man from a gang of thugs, Scott Bryant finds himself transformed with special powers. He’ll need his new skills when mysterious Melanie Regan enters his life. Together they must fight a demon before it destroys Earth. Will Scott be able to resist the allure of his lovely partner who harbors a deadly secret? This tale has it all: vampires, fallen angels, and skeletons that rise from the dead.
L.D.
Jul 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished today. What a web Heather Graham spun. I started to read and I was caught. I was drawn into the characters. I must remember that when the book is said to be Paranormal Romance, does not mean graphic love descriptions. I must remember that is erotica. I loved the story line. She tackles the Apocalyptic concept, as she has researched from other concepts. This could be what she believes. I want to read the others that follow.
Sara
Nov 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't think I would like this--I'm not usually into the Armageddon/end of the world type books--but this was really quite good. The characters are called together to battle evil and prevent the beginnings of the End of Days. Their unique skills and strength, as well as faith provide them with the tools to defeat a powerful demon. The question is, can they overcome his influence and work as a team?
Amber
The idea of this story really drew me in for the first 3/4 of the book. Near the end of the book, things really became predictable for me. I am intrigued to see how this series play out, and will most likely read on. (mostly to see how the water signs help to save the day). Also I am going to read more of Heather Graham's books.
Marisella
Heather Graham is a wonderful author, however, this book did not live up to my expectations. Vague, obtuse locations; Siciy, Italy. That's like giving England, Europe as a location for a car accident. Really, how about a city in Sicily? Most of the sentences started with prepositions and led nowhere. *sigh* couldn't get past the second chapter.
Sharon
Oct 08, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book. It started out with such a fascinating premise: people developing superhuman strength, telepathy, etc., in view of the Mayan 12/20/2012 doomsday prophecy (which has some of my RL friends running around like decapitated Leghorns ... how embarrassing is *that*?).

It turned out to be Another Damned Vampire Novel.
Fran Lucero
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book . I truly loved all the Shannon Drake characters that were brought into this story. Shannon Drake is Heather's alter ego. I so wanted the next novel in this series and have been so disappointed it hasn't been published. I really would to get Ashes to Ashes. This is a truly great read. Really a series that should be finished.
Telissa
Mar 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, but as i've noticed with a few other Heather Graham books there were quite a few editing errors usually they dont bother me no ones perfect but this particular book made a couple of mix ups on the names that messed with my head a bit. but i found the story interesting an am looking forward to reading the next installment in this series.
  • Slow Burn
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • Believe
  • Cypress Nights (Bayou #10)
  • Blood Born (Vampire, #1)
  • Moonglow
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • Drawn Into Darkness (Soul Gatherer, #1)
  • Night's Edge
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Written in Blood (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #2)
  • Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

“The world is not always ours to understand....” 30 likes
“Bad dogs, she believed, were like most bad children: created by those around them. But then, that was a personal opinion. ” 17 likes