Start by marking “Dragon Ball, Vol. 11: The Eyes of Tenshinhan (Dragon Ball, #11)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Ball, Vol. 11: The Eyes of Tenshinhan (Dragon Ball, #11)

Dragon Ball, Vol. 11: The Eyes of Tenshinhan (Dragon Ball #11)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  1,528 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The Tenka'ichi Budôkai is heating up, and there can only be one winner! Last tournament's champion Jackie Chun goes up against three-eyed "Crane School" kung fu master Tenshinhan! Then, it's the long-awaited match between former classmates Goku and Kuririn--and guess who has some tricks up his sleeve! But Tenshinhan isn't just fighting to win, he's carrying out a deadly gr ...more
Published May 7th 2003 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published February 10th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Ball, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Ball, Vol. 11

Dragon Ball, Vol. 1 by Akira ToriyamaYu-Gi-Oh!, Vol. 1 by Kazuki TakahashiOde to Kirihito by Osamu TezukaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 15 by Hiromu ArakawaOne Piece, Volume 01 by Eiichirō Oda
god-tier manga
122 books — 8 voters
Fullmetal Alchemist, Volume 1 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
377 books — 222 voters

More lists with this book...

Sam Quixote
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
My main complaint of the last book was Akira Toriyama’s repetition of having the gang go through the Strongest Under the Heavens tournament again, but I have to say their second time around is much more super-charged and exciting so I’m glad he went back to the well!

Kuririn and Chaozu’s fight ends unexpectedly and hilariously in a math battle, and that’s what I love Dragon Ball for the most - that playful, imaginative way Toriyama uses at just the right moments to keep things light and differen
Bobby
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75
Gustavo
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga, shonen
Como es usual Toriyama escribe y dibuja las mejores escenas de pelea que puedan haber, y en el camino desarrolla a los personajes que participan en ellas, los hace crecer, cambiar de opinión, mostrar quienes realmente son. Podemos ver lo fuerte que es la amistad entre Krilin y Goku y el destino de los discipulos de Tsuru Sennin. Me encanta este manga.
Sarah Reffstrup
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
De pokkers cliffhangers! Den næste bog ligger heldigvis og venter på mig på biblioteket, men så kan jeg ikke læse videre lige nu ugh.
Sharon
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've never read Dragon Ball before, only watched it...and I have to say it's pretty charming. DBZ influenced a lot of popular mangaka, including Oddachi, Kishimoto and Kubo and it's easy to see why and actually easy to see how. There are lots of "shonen tropes" here but I think, at least in this volume, Toriyama-sensei executes them with skill. This may be because he, in a sense, developed these tropes. In any case, great volume and Goku is adorbs.
Alex
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i thought that it has amazing storyline in it, and had awesome illustrations in the book.
Travis
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what and exhilarating volume!! Between the match of Goku vs. Krillin and the match of Goku vs. Tien what is their not to love about this volume. Also in my last review I forgot to mention the fact that Akira Toriyama really drags Yamcha's character through the mud. I don't recall any time in the history of the series where he has a shining moment unlike Tien and Krillin.
Bryan
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Fun volume that focuses entirely on the Tenka'ichi Budokai. We get a glimpse of just how much stronger Goku and Kuririn have gotten in the three year time jump, and Master Roshi is so impressed by the new generation of fighters that he forfeits the tournament satisfied. The volume leaves off during the final match of the tournament, to be continued in Vol. 12.
Casey
One of the best manga's ever written, DB basically created the the shonen genre and influenced so many other artists that there is to many to even mention. It's truly the greatest manga ever created! and I will always love it!!!

Don't waste your time reading this review, just go read it for yourself!
Jesse Hill
Goku and Kuririn have returned to the Tenkaichi Budōkai and are facing off against Tenshinhan and Chaozu the students of the rival Crane Master. Low on plot but heavy on the hi-octane martial arts action that epitomizes the series. Fun times.
Denisa
Another rating: 8/10
Febyan Kudrat
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Pertarungan seru tersaji di seri ini. Ten Shi Han berubah haluan,dan bertarung secara adil dengan Goku. Apa yang akan terjadi selanjutnya??
Nathalia Barbosa
Nesse volume temos a épica batalha entre Goku e Ten Shin Han, foi massa!!
Matthew
Previously on Dragon Ball, the gang is competing in the Tenkaichi Budokai in the finals and so far everyone is in the lead except Yamcha who was utterly destroyed by Tenshinhan and now Kuririn is fighting against Chaozu who is not as simple to defeat. They have a heated battle but in the end Kuririn was smart enough to defeat Chaozu by sending him out of bounds. All the gang opponents so far are too easy to battle except for Tenshinhan and we get the first epic battle between Jackie Chun and Ten ...more
Highness Atharva
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Dragon Ball Manga was inked very much good, the story of course the best one. Its fantasy meeting Shonen and Goku is a the most imaginably cool and cute and funny charachter. Charachter reminds me that there's just about a hundred charachters here, distributed in thirty one volumes some frail, weak, some strong like hell and some just wierd and funny and humbug. The story goes:- Goku is the main protagonist of the series and he is approached by a girl named Bulma who's in search for the dragon ...more
Rita
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, meus
Logo após terminar a leitura do volume anterior tive de imediato de pegar neste aqui (apesar das horas já não serem decentes).

Foi mais um grande volume de torneio, com as grandes batalhas deste Tenkaichi Budokai, sendo que já não me recordava de como terminavam quase todas ou de como é que terminavam de X maneira. Por isso acabou por ser uma boa "surpresa".

Claro que as típicas piadas "à lá Dragon Ball" não puderam faltar, tal como as minhas gargalhadas.
É tão bom reviver tudo isto! Só lamento pro
Stewart Tame
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still loving this series! After 11 volumes, though, it's hard to know what to say about it without either repeating myself or spoiling the story (Note to self: Don't mention Goku's death in this volume). Akira Toriyama is one of the better manga artists I've read. His work is energetic, playful, and endlessly inventive. It's no wonder this series is as well-liked as it is.
Denim Datta
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Eyes of Tenshinhan, collection of chapter #121 to #132, is the 11th book of Dragon Ball series.

Tenka'ichi Budōkai, started in 10th book continues in this part.
And the crazy KaMeHaMeHas :O :O

KaMeHaMeHa
Caleb M.
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once again, I really enjoyed this volume. The one thing I didn't like is that the whole volume was set at the fighting tournament. The good part about that though is the epic battle that have been ensuing.
Joana Rodrigues
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Go Kame <3
Brendan
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had completely forgotten some of the underlying character development involved in this small story arc. Great introduction of some characters that stick around for Dragon Ball Z.
Frahorus
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
L'epico scontro tra Son Goku e Tenshinhan.
Cherish
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
I really enjoyed this volume. I adored the battle against Goku and Krillin as well as the current fight between Tien and Goku. I'm really excited on what will happen next in the next volume. ^_^
Dimitris
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can't stop reading.

Don
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Terrific

Goku does what he does best fighting,

Ka Ma Ha Ma Ha
toon & ton toon191m
Oct 28, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dragon Ball no.11
เริมมันสแลวละซิ อิอิ.. ...more
Annchan Maulana
Oct 22, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anime, manga
Duh duh duh Songoku, Trunks, Bezita, BuLma ... dah lama banget ga baca and nonton Dragon Ballz. Salah satu kartun jepang favoritku dulu nie, selain Sailor Moon and Doraemon ^^
Shaun
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The final battles of the tournament are in this volume. I enjoyed the character development of Tenshihan and Chaozu. The final battle between Goku and Ten proves to be epic.
miha ha
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, manga, stripi
Ne morem nehat brat, aaaaa... hehe

Feather Mista
Mar 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de las peleas bestiales en general y de DragonBall en particular
Recommended to Feather by: Obligación laboral y gusto
Divertidas peleas con una espectacular narrativa, lástima que la final queda cortada al medio.
  • The Vision of Escaflowne, Vol. 2
  • Biomega, Vol. 3 (Biomega, #3)
  • 1/2 王子 9 (1/2 Prince, #9)
  • One Piece, Volume 32: Love Song (One Piece, #32)
  • +Anima 6 (+Anima, #6)
  • Starcraft: Ghost Academy, Volume 1
  • Angelic Layer, Vol. 3 (Angelic Layer, #3)
Akira Toriyama is a widely known and acclaimed Japanese manga artist known mostly for his creation of Dragon Ball in 1984. It is difficult to pin point the source of Toriyama's artwork inspiration. He admires Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and was impressed by Walt Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmatians, which he remembers for the great art. Jackie Chan's early movies had a noticeable influence on Tori ...more
More about Akira Toriyama

Dragon Ball (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1: The Monkey King (Dragon Ball, #1)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 2: Wish Upon a Dragon (Dragon Ball, #2)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 3: The Training of Kame-Sen'nin (Dragon Ball, #3)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 4: Strongest Under the Heavens (Dragon Ball, #4)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 5: The Red Ribbon Army (Dragon Ball, #5)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 6: Bulma Returns! (Dragon Ball, #6)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 7: General Blue and the Pirate Treasure (Dragon Ball, #7)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 8: Taopaipai and Master Karin (Dragon Ball, #8)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 9: Test of the All-Seeing Crone (Dragon Ball, #9)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 10: Return to the Tournament (Dragon Ball, #10)