Start by marking “Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold” as Want to Read:
Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold

Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold

(Green Lantern)

In this graphic novel, these classic characters learn the hard lessons of trust and teamwork that would make them into two of the world's greatest super-heroes.
Published April 1st 2001 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Flash & Green Lantern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flash & Green Lantern

Printable Tire
Aug 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Ah, the bromance of Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Whether it's battling an alien race bent on hoarding humanity's evil, feeling jealous over the affections of Kid Flash, dealing with the macho head-games of the predecessor Flash and Green Lantern on a camping trip, fighting fascist cops with radical leftist Green Arrow, being ensnared by a sun that feeds off fearlessness, or dancing deadly with an ex-girlfriend supervillainess controlled from the 7th dimension, this "brave and bold" duo see each o ...more
Eli
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc-comics, 2016

This was a lot of fun! I always forget how much I enjoy old school 1980s-1990s comic artwork. And I really loved the cameos in this. Wally West (Kid Flash/Kid Lantern), Jay Garrick (the original Flash), Alan Scott (the original Green Lantern), and my personal favorite, Green Arrow!

The issues with Green Arrow took place during Hal and Ollie's cross-country trip, and they were pretty fun. It was interesting to see the conflicting ideologies of Barry and Ollie.

The issues with Jay and Alan
Fraser Sherman
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
3.5. Like a previous miniseries, World's Finest, that traced Superman and Batman's relationship over time, this looks at Barry and Hal, first in their early Silver Age days, then on through the period after Iris Allen was murdered. It's fun, but Hal tends to be one-note, a smug cocky jerk, which is a common interpretation but not true to this period. So not as satisfying as it could have been for me.
Bryson Kopf
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am pretty much convinced that Waid did this title since he enjoyed making JLA Year One, and this book succeeds in the same areas. The book is a series of isolated events in the friendship of Barry and Hal (both the 2nd Flash and Green Lanterns respectively, both deceased at the time this book was originally published), from the very start to the nearly bloody end of their careers. This is really fun for the most part, with Waid really nailing the unique dynamic between the straight-laced, dryl ...more
Julie
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was nice to read a story about the friendship of Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. I especially liked the fact that its just a set of 5 individual stories that just span their careers.

The ending monologue made me a bit emotional even though in New 52 Barry and Hal are alive and in fact, Flash Annual 2 just did a story on how they met which was equally enjoyable.
Gregory
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
An interesting hero pairing at times (relationship issues and buddy-buddy ribbing aplenty). Some of the stories are better than others but always filled with fun ink and vivid color work.
daniela
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Wow. These two are so gay for each other, I love it.
Timothy Boyd
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice mini series that captures the silver age feel to comic stories. Nice art and stories. Recommended
tony dillard jr
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Collecting the six-issue miniseries from 1999-2000, this volume recounts the long and complicated friendship between the Barry Allen Flash and the Hal Jordan Green Lantern.

This is a friendship that on paper shouldn't really be. Barry is a nerd, nebbish and sorta a prude. Plus he's a family man, married to Iris West and surrogate father to Wally. Hal is a playboy, a loner, a rebel. He's devoted to Carol Ferris but he plays the field quite a bit. The closet he has to a family is a pair of brothers
Devero
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una buona miniserie che mette a confronto i vari Lanterna Verde e Flash, completamente incentrata sui personaggi e la loro caratterizzazione nei rapporti interpersonali piuttosto che sulla lotta contro gli avversari. Conta come si pongono l'uno di fronte o accanto all'altro. Mi è piaciuta.
Dom Lovallo
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
No better or worse than expected. A series of light hearted, easy to read, simple individual stories around Hals and Barry's adventures.
Aggelos
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
DC Waid is a unique beast!

You can see which characters Waid grew up with and knows. I recently re-read JLA Year One and I thought its time to delve in the semi-follow up that is tBatB. Which was as good as expected.

Sana
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Though the stories may not always have been the best (therefore I'm not giving it 5 stars) Hal and Barry's relationship is invaluable. I absolutely love how complementary they are to each other's personality.

I am elated that this exists and I hope writers in the future produce more comics focusing (almost solely) on their relationship outside the JLA. This is something I will definitely be reading again.

(I'll probably edit this later because right now it's just a jumble of feelings)
Ritinha
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Homenagem e revisitação de um claro connoisseur da dinâmica da dupla Hal Jordan/Barry Allen, que por estes lados se estranha pouco dado certo convívio com a sua ressurreição New52, mas que não deixa de se reconhecer e admirar. Suportado por uma arte também ela atenta aos formatos e aos traços das décadas revisitadas.
Tão cheio de Easter Eggs que dá para fazer toda uma omelete geek.
Paul Mirek
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Male friendship isn't often the stuff of superhero drama, but that's the narrative thread that binds these six singular tales of the continuing relationship between Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) and Barry Allen (the Flash). Waid's flair for drawing on continuity--and for imaginative uses of powers--makes this an especially solid collection.
Brent
Jun 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: rabid Flash and GL fans
Recommended to Brent by: the authors
Shelves: comics, fiction, superhero
I read this in comics installments... And, yes, it seems a trial balloon now for the subsequent resurrection of these Silver Age versions of classic DC Comics characters. Top talent from these creators, to less-than-memorable effect.
Dony Grayman
Recopilatorio que aúna los seis capítulos de la serie protagonizados por Flash y Green Lantern.
Nicolas
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Just a fun collection of Flash/GL team-ups. I liked the friction it caused when Oliver showed up.
you know that you want my books ;)
Apr 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
  • Batman: In Darkest Knight
  • The Green Lantern/Green Arrow Collection, Vol. 2
  • Day of Vengeance
  • Supergirl
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.

Green Lantern (1 - 10 of 88 books)
  • The Golden Age Green Lantern Archives, Vol. 1