Start by marking “Peter Graves” as Want to Read:
Peter Graves

Peter Graves

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
During a rather hazardous game of follow-the-leader, Peter Graves accidentally destroys the home of the mysterious inventor Houghton Furlong. Determined to earn the money necessary to rebuild the house, Peter decides to market Hought on's inventions. "Superlative nonsense in the tradition of The Twenty-One Balloons."--Chicago Tribune. Black-and-white illustrations.
Paperback
Published by Dell Publishing Company (first published 1950)

To ask other readers questions about Peter Graves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peter Graves

Lobstergirl
Aug 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood, covers
A mischievous teenager accidentally destroys the house of an eccentric, grizzled inventor when a ball that always bounces higher than its last bounce escapes from his grasp. The two embark on a quest to earn back enough money to rebuild the house, using the inventor's anti-gravity balls. The illustrations are great.
Ellice
Much like The Twenty-One Balloons, this du Bois book features scrappy young and old heroes, crazy inventions, detailed notes on experiments and outcomes, and lots and lots of wit. Wondrous.
Nix
Sep 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This is a really funny book! I loved it!
Peter Swanson
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults and and older kids who like gentle science fiction/fantasy will like this book.
I read this book 3 times when I was 13, so I'm a long-time fan. I bought a good copy of it about 10 years ago, and was delighted to find that it holds up when reading it as an adult.
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Gary Gress
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This was such an inspirational, go-for-your-dreams kind of book when I was 11 years old. Just got my own copy today (Sept 16, 2014)and will read again.
Kate Farrell