Start by marking “Forty-Eight X: The Lumeria Project” as Want to Read:
Forty-Eight X: The Lumeria Project

Forty-Eight X: The Lumeria Project

3.06  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
"A colonel with a shadowy past . . .

A new kind of war and warrior . . .

A military science experiment out of control . . .

On the tropical island of Diego Garcia in the middle of the Indian Ocean, the United States has gathered together its most talented scientists to conduct top secret experiments. Their goal—to create a revolutionary new warrior. A warrior so strong, so va
Published December 1st 2009 by Medallion Press (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Forty-Eight X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forty-Eight X

May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
From My Blog...

Forty-Eight X: The Lemuria Project by Barry Pollack is a suspense thriller with liberal doses of history, including lessons humanity should have learned and lessons humanity should have learned to not repeat. The Lemuria Project can and is likened in some instances to the Manhattan Project with General Mack Shell heading up the operation and Dr. Julius Wagner heading up the division of scientists. Pollack makes certain the reader receives a refresher course in history whether it i
Kristina
May 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Awesome, Awesome Book! The blurb initially caught my attention but the story itself is what kept my attention.
I saw many touchy subjects brought up in this post 9/11 based work of fiction. One of the biggest things that caught my attention was a theory that has been brought to the forefront in recent years: nature vs. nurture. I, of course, have a lot of opinions on that theory so when I came across it toward the beginning of the book I was totally sucked in.
I'll say that I think it's necessary
Elgin
Feb 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
I guess this was OK. Some of my favorite science fiction nowadays involves biotechnology (like Man Plus, by Frederick Pohl.) I was hoping for more from this one...nice idea for a story but just not carried out well. And all of that stuff about past lives and reincarnation had nothing at all to do with the main story...why include it?
Angie
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
it was ok. that's what my star reating gives this book. could have been more action-packed, could have been more scientific, instead it was in the middle, and the army that was being trained never really got to be used for an apolcalyptic mission, like i was thinking it would. it was more of a cautionary tale than an alternate reality.
Reading For Sanity
May 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
read this review and others at http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/...
Mickey DeCicco
Dec 08, 2009 marked it as to-read
Ha I have a reader's copy of this I'll have it done before the rest of you! THPPPPT!!
Quinn
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
The plot is predictable and the action is very minimal. That being said, Forty-Eight X is still a good book with a nifty little ending.
Farrah
Dec 19, 2009
Karen Roberts
Dec 21, 2009
Barry Pollack
Jan 24, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tom Proctor
Nov 13, 2015
SuzPepper 2.0
May 23, 2016
1 follower
Barry Pollack, who still works in the frontline trenches of medicine as an ER doctor, has a creative life that spans a variety of venues. After a master’s degree in film from Stanford and a fellowship at the American Film Institute, he began as a documentary filmmaker and went on to write and direct two feature films, several prime-time television dramas, and a series of newspaper columns.

His deb