Start by marking “The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn A Great Idea Into a Thriving Business” as Want to Read:
The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn A Great Idea Into a Thriving Business

The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn A Great Idea Into a Thriving Business

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  285 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
A straighforward book that is essential knowledge nedded to reat a completely original company. A tool greatly need for starting or online business.
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperBusiness

To ask other readers questions about The E-Myth Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E-Myth Enterprise

Chung Chin
Oct 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
For a "How to" book, this book does not deliver any useful information. And worst of all, for a book with a subtitle of "How to turn a great idea into a thriving business", it is a total waste of readers' time if they are sincerely looking for such information. So, here's my two words review - Skip it.

I agree with some of the other reviews that this book has lots of fluff, not really useful information and if the author were to remove the melodramatic stories, the useful bits can fit about a ten
Guilherme Passos
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: empreendedorismo
É o primeiro livro sobre empreendedorismo que leio e o segundo em inglês. É um tipo de livro que nunca achei que leria, mas resolvi arriscar.

O livro dá uma série de dicas empresariais fantásticas além de definir muitos conceitos desse meio para quem se interessa em adentrar no mundo dos empreendedores ou entendê-lo melhor, mas é difícil pescar essa parte boa em meio a um oceano de coisas ruins. O livro todo é guiado no melhor estilo palestra motivacional Geração de Valor, o que eu já esperava, m
Sarah Faulkner
Sep 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Sloppily edited stream of consciousness ranting. Least valuable business book I've ever read. I'm guessing the earlier E-Myth books must have had something interesting to say, but by the time the author reached this one, only the dregs of the idea were left.
C. Hollis Crossman
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Like the best thinkers in any discipline, Michael E. Gerber has mastered the art of pointing out what any sane, intelligent person should have been able to discover on their own but rarely does. The E-Myth Enterprise, one of the titles in his ever-expanding E-Myth series, explains what anyone needs to make a successful business: the ability to understand better than the competition "how to satisfy the essential needs, unconscious expectations, and perceived preferences" of their employees, custo ...more
Maria
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this even if they think they won't be running a business. But it can help in running a household or other areas. I enjoyed reading about the four categories of preference: 1) Visual preferences 2) Emotional preferences 3) Functional preferences 4) Financial preferences.
Ahmed Shalaby
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is simple, very very informative and really will inspire you to turn your idea into an "E-myth enterprise"! I highly recommend this book to any one who want to start a new business! Great Job Michael E.Gerber!
Andrea
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
A few engaging stories mixed with basic information.
Brianna da Silva
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
If you're looking for a detailed how-to book on starting a business, you'll be disappointed, because this is not it.

But that's not what this book is supposed to be. Rather, it's about the mindset that is required for starting and running a successful enterprise. And, in this author's opinion, that's the most important thing.

I thought some parts of the book were profound, deeply inspiring, and affirming. Other parts I thought were fluffy and, frankly, felt like nonsense. (See last chapter especi
The Dirty Sanchez
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Despite this book’s easy layout and succinctly-stated case studies, it was packed with simple yet profound truths about the principles of the free market. It’s a wild and demanding ride that many people fail to understand fully, but where nearly everyone has a chance to make it if armed with a combination of good ideas, good timing, good connections, and just plain luck. His pithy advice for understanding money and how to manage it is spot-on: it will never take care of itself. The author is obv ...more
Rusty Fulling
June 2010 - Michael Gerber presents challenges to business owners to create purpose, WAKE UP, solve frustrations, etc.

Clients who don't respect the value you bring and don't do their part will bring your business down faster than any other business dynamic.

People need to have a purpose. They need to feel like the business depends on them for their contribution. They need to have goals and be involved in a company that isn't just trying to survive but instead thriving!

Most companies are people or
Derek
Aug 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Gerber provides some good encouragement, some good stories, and some useful tips of motivation and creativity. Yet, unlike a wonderful businessman, Kenneth Blanchard, who writes without a profane word, Gerber unloads inappropriately at times almost in a venting fashion. I'm sorry, but business books don't need it. On another note, you can really sense his passion for helping businesses succeed and cutting through the fluff, which I always need so I can quit sitting on ideas! Good read and simila ...more
Rik Schnabel
Sep 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
What was Michael Gerber thinking? What was the publisher thinking to even consider publishing this?

This book falls well short of its promise; "How to Turn A Great Idea Into a Thriving Business." The book claims to be a "How" book yet my enthusiastic green highlighter just sat beside my bed and dried out. I highlighted one line, but that was all it was worth.

It took until page 100 before the book gave the reader any idea where the author was going and by the end I sensed a cranky undertone. Was t
Greg
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet. It's the kind of book that puts words to feelings you may already have. The most powerful part is the end, when he talks about "awakeness". It feels good to hear words like this from someone else, because a lot of times when I try to explain this nagging feeling I have to others I get blank stares and wonder if I'm going nuts. That feeling is that everyone (me too) is asleep. That I'm not talking to a person, but some kind tape recording. Whether the author and I are right is up ...more
Steven Levin
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
The book was an interesting read, although did not offer specific steps towards creating a small business and developing your idea. However, he offered some very good insights into the characteristics of an effective and quality based organization and the kind of person someone would need to be in order to be an effective entrepreneur. Not the best written or well organized book I've read but he gets his points across in kind of a rough and informal way.
Daliso Ngoma
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Money is a component but it's not the component. A good insight as to what to look for in making a business.

From what is said in the book your values can't just be bywords but have to be apart of your character. And also we all need to wake up. Whilst pushing the point that we should never be satisfied with what is around us.

The author has an interesting way of writing, scattered but to the point, and with scratches of humour here and there.

Kate
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
This was ok and had some good and relevant content. Personally I found it a bit too wordy and not as easy to navigate as the E-Myth Revisited which I thought was a fantastic book and helped me a lot. The presentation on Kindle is quite crowded on E-Myth Enterprise. I just found it harder to digest and it didn't appeal to me as much as Revisited.
LS
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Contains lots of fluff. The main points, which are good, could probably fit into a pamphlet if the melodramatic stories were removed. The ending contains a long, lack-of-Prozac induced rant of the type which normally appears in a blog written in all capitals, which is nice if you are the type of person who enjoys rants. Personally I wish I had just read the ten point summary somewhere.
Julia Doherty
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Everyone raves about this book, so I thought I would take the plunge and read it. Um... I didnt find any surprises or wow factor in this book, which means that the book is not good, or I am doing something right? Not decided yet.
Dan Smith
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love Michael Gerber's books. Though this had a few similar themes of his other books this did have a good unique spin that reminds owners and leaders of the "real" important parts of their business. Another great book and one that all business leaders should read.
Que
May 12, 2012 rated it liked it
The four catagories of preference seemed to be the only useful information in the entire book. Dare I read more?!
Rachel
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing very insightful and motivational!!
Julian Georgescu
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Defiantly worth reading, if you are, or if you intend on starting a small business.
Hannah
Sep 22, 2012 is currently reading it
getting mu business on
Carol
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
the second book is better ... this one got boring after a bit
Michael
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent follow-up to the classic e-Myth Revisited.
Javi Jara
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The business puzzle is getting complete with this book.
Susan
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Some good advice and a different way of thinking about business. Focusing on values as genuine and central, rather than as tools.
Tracey Wong
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. Every chapter is beautifully and provocatively written that you are absorbed with it. The last chapter is really - 'Power'.
Fadi Tibi
Apr 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
i couldnt pass page 100. it was turture. waste of time
Ward
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I expected more concrete advice. Instead it's abstract and general, nothing surprising. The last chapter approaches Zen Buddhist philosophy which made it more interesting to me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet
  • Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Change
  • Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches
  • Raising the Bar: Integrity and Passion in Life and Business: The Story of Clif Bar & Co.
  • The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • Marketing to the Affluent
  • An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists
  • The New Positioning: The Latest on the World's #1 Business Strategy
  • At the Mercy of the Sea
  • Let Us Build Us A City: Eleven Lost Towns
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time

“No hay buenas respuestas que duren para siempre.” 0 likes