Start by marking “Silent Savior: Daring to Believe He's Still There” as Want to Read:
Silent Savior: Daring to Believe He's Still There

Silent Savior: Daring to Believe He's Still There

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Lets you navigate a labyrinth of sorrow, pain, angst, and doubt on the way to a soul-deep recognition of God's infinite faithfulness and perpetual, if sometimes silent, presence. This book encourages readers to keep believing he's there even when that silence seems deafening.
Published September 1st 2009 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Silent Savior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Savior

Melanie
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Silent Savior was a nice nonfiction read. It it encouraging for those who are discouraged. I liked the part of the book that mentioned taking time to slow down to spend time with God and not be so busy...I think that is definitely true and something most people struggle with.

Phil Whittall
May 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sometimes it seems that God is silent when He should be speaking. Knowing how to know that God is there at those times is the basis of this book. Gregory has clearly had her own struggles this area and this sense of understanding and empathy is the book’s strongest point. There are some moving stories, some flashes of a sharp sense of humour and the odd memorable turns of phrase but not enough to make this a recommended read.

Gregory adopts a conversational tone in her writing but there are only
Kristine
Oct 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
I loved the "down to earth" writing style and insightfulness of this author. She understands that hearing God's voice can be challenging in our busy complicated lives, but we must keep pressing on even when we can't hear Him. It is important to keep the faith, keep looking for God at work in our lives, and keep "paying attention" to what is going on around us. God is with us even when we don't feel like He is. This is a book I intend to read over again. I was very encouraged by it.
Danielle Comparette
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of my all-time favorite non-fiction books. It was one of those books that I had to get my own copy of so I could highlight until my heart was content.
Abigail
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's really making me realise allot, and not feel so frustrated with my faith. I recommend it to anyone who's having a hard time 'hearing' God.
Ross
Sep 02, 2015
Stewart Morgan
is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
A. J. Gregory is an accomplished freelance writer who has helped author seven books. Thought-provoking and meditative, Gregory is not afraid to seek out and expose the truth of the inner life--the good, bad, and ugly. Through asking the tough questions, her transparency is honest, refreshing, and painfully revealing. Messy Faith is her groundbreaking attempt at finding some equilibrium between spi ...more
More about A.J. Gregory