Start by marking “Blood Work (DI Jack Delaney, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Work (DI Jack Delaney, #2)

Blood Work (DI Jack Delaney #2)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  137 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The first victim is a young woman found on Hampstead Heath. Her throat has been slashed and her body mutilated. This horrifying discovery marks the beginning of Detective Inspector Jack Delaney's toughest ever case.

When the expertly dissected body of a second young woman is discovered in a north London flat with a brightly coloured scarf tied around her neck, it suddenly b
Published August 13th 2009 by Arrow (first published August 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Work

Lynda Kelly
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another super story in this series but he needs to sort out getting it properly proofread or edited as there are WAY too many mistakes. I almost packed it in at one point and nearly wrote the rest of the instalments off altogether !! However, I really did like the story itself and stuck with it. He does need to up his game presentation-wise for book 3, though, for me.
I did chuckle at the 'Float On' mention remembering "Hi, my name is Larry" and how it always made me giggle. There were a lot of f
Under Milkwood
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it
A conventional thriller - but who's complaining
Bev
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Good thriller. Not sure whether I liked Jack Delaney but eventually got hooked by the story and couldn't wait to find the outcome.
Book Addict Shaun
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, kindle
After starting and finishing Pearson's first book in just over a day I started this one yesterday and have just finished it. Another enjoyable read featuring Jack Delaney who I think is a fantastic character. After finishing this I am even more confused about the abandoned publication of Pearson's latest book. Do his books just not sell or did he leave his publisher? I can't seem to find out.

Anyway, as I said in my review for Hard Evidence it is very clear that Pearson was once a television scri
Lara
Sep 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
A really well written mystery!

The story is written from different points of view, letting you enter the mind of various characters, even the smaller ones. While it could be confusing at times, this "technique" managed to give form and depth to some characters that otherwise wouldn't have been as interesting as they are in the end. Moreover, continuing to read you find out how many of those details you could have easily categorized as irrelevant were instead fundamental in resolving a particular
Lisa
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Second in the Jack Delaney series and another great read from this relatively new author.

Lots going on - personal demons are blown away and we see at the end the start of the next chapter of this damaged detectives life.

For those who enjoy their detectives to be down to earth and hard hitting, at times playing just outside the rules - this is an author you will love.

4/5 because there is always something that could have been better ...... In this case for me, I found some of the earlier parts
John Harris
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've not read the first in the series, but I might just go back to it. A haunted alcoholic detective - why are they all this stereotype? - with a traumatic recent history. He is persuaded to rejoin the force to try to get to the bottom of his wife's murder only to get caught up in a serial killer who has a personal vendetta! Good paced with enough twists and turns to keep things interesting, makes you want to find out what happens next. Good old fashioned escapism!
Angela
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am so pleased to have discovered another great author. Mark Pearson writes such good thrillers I just can't turn the pages quickly enough and sleep becomes of lesser importance. The details are gruesome and he doesn't hold back on his descriptions of stomach-turning crime scenes. Love it, love it, love it!!!!
Annette Gisby
Just once I would like to read a crime/detective novel where everything wasn't such a cliche. Detective haunted by his past? Check. Irish detective with drinking problem? Double check. Not everyone who's Irish drinks you know! Trouble with his love-life? Triple check.

Not an author or detective I'll be reading again.
Amy
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Listened as an audio-book - was fantastic.
Claire Hamilton
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm still not sure about whether I enjoyed the story or not. It was a bit blah but with a good twist towards the end.
Rach
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
very good read...bit of a twist
Patsy
Jan 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Enjoying this series a lot.
David
Jan 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Second in the series and maintaining the good form.
Pauline
Jan 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this but parts seemed irrelevant at times they just didn't go anywhere.
C.L. Raven
Maria K
Aug 09, 2015
Margaret Dudgeon
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
yet another brilliant outing for D.I. Jack Delaney. mark pearson books are just great he heaps you from the first page until the last. I can't recommend high enough just love it.
Steve Johnson
rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2017
Mark Deakin
Jun 17, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

DI Jack Delaney (5 books)
  • Hard Evidence (DI Jack Delaney, #1)
  • Death Row (DI Jack Delaney, #3)
  • Murder Club (DI Jack Delaney, #4)
  • The Killing Season (DI Jack Delaney #5)