Start by marking “How to Tame a Lady (Daughtry Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Tame a Lady (Daughtry Family, #2)

How to Tame a Lady

(Daughtry Family #2)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  533 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Lady Nicole Daughtry has vowed never to be vulnerable to any man. Despite the many suitors vying for the dazzling beauty's hand, she has seen the damage love can inflict and wants no part of it. Until she meets Lucas Paine, Marquess of Basingstoke, whose aura of danger and mystery draws her like no other….

Lucas is a man with a mission—and a powerful thirst for revenge. The
Published September 22nd 2009 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about How to Tame a Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Tame a Lady

Laura the Highland Hussy
Jan 11, 2010 rated it did not like it
I am almost afraid to review this as it might just turn into a big rant.

I enjoyed the first book in this series. But in the first book How to Tempt a Duke, I didn't like Nicole, and I can honestly say after reading her book that I actually like her less. In the first book, she was manipulating everyone and everything to do as she wanted, and damn the consequences. At one point she is almost killed due to her own idiocy and she swears she'll be more careful and gee, I don't know, less stupid.

Ni
SidneyKay
Jan 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-regency
There was a revolt in my house!!!

Well, just the other day while strolling past my TBR pile, I was attacked by an avalanche of books. I think they got tired of collecting dust. It seemed as if I was fated to look at them. As I was picking them up, I noticed that I had an awful lot of books that I absolutely had to have but I am absolutely not going to read. I don't know why; maybe I read the reviews, or the back blurbs and changed my mind, or maybe I'm just supporting struggling authors... who kn
Mina
About halfway through, this book completely turns around. It starts off a plodding mess, sometimes edging towards boring. The hero and heroine are astonishingly plain-spoken to each other, and discuss an attraction that they acknowledge exists without it ever really seeming to start. The plot doesn't seem to be going anywhere - I mean, you know there's an HEA in the offing, but the route to get there is too murky to navigate. But then, things come together. The plot makes (more) sense, the hero ...more
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010-reads, romance
Kasey Michaels, usually a master of witty repartee and wacky characters, presents the reader with a mind-numbingly middle-of-the-road romance. With its pert (but not too pert!) heroine, How to Tame a Lady seems straight out of the 1980's tradition of much-older men falling for only moderately mouthy ingenues. Perhaps Michaels decided to give her banter the night off... Readable, but not what one would term memorable.
Elisa Vangelisti
Quando ho iniziato questo romanzo mi sono così esaltata che ho pensato di dover assolutamente leggere ogni cosa scritta da Kasey. La narrativa è così briosa e i dialoghi così frizzanti che gli avrei dato punteggio pieno. Purtroppo, però, la trama si è colorata di giallo e il mistero a me interessa ben poco. Pazienza.
Cindy
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like Regency Romances....like my dear mum did...you will like this book...only read HIW TO TEMPT A DUKE first....I read book 2...now I will go to book 1
Virginia Tican
May 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ladies during this timeline do not behave like Nicole even if the author was at pains to tell us that she finds Jane Austen's books lacking in her kind of adventure. I find Nicole too pesky and too annoying for this genre and if ever I encounter her in this century I still would not like her. She is selfish, manipulative and a blackmailer and would stop at nothing to get her own way. She is definitely not a good heroine material more like a criminal in the making. I stopped reading in the middle ...more
ѕєяєηιтι
3,5

Hikayeyi biraz sıkıcı buldum özellikle başlarda. Ama karakterler hoşuma gitti Lucas'a bayıldım mükemmel erkek kıvamındaydı babasının intiharının arkasındaki gerçekleri bulmak için ne gerekiyorsa yapmaya hazırdı gerçi ama o hatasınıda sonuna kadar götürmedi neyseki telafi etti çok hoşuma gitti. Nicole'u da geçen kitapta pek sevmemiştim ama bu kitapta o negatifliği attı üstünden diyebilirim. Daha iyi olabilirdi tabii ama okumaya devam Lydia ve Malvern Dükünü özellikle merak ediyorum. Bu kitapta
Alyssa
Lucas and Nicole. Nicole and Lucas. Siiigh. I just adore heroines like Nicole! That would be, a deeply flawed young lady. She's young and impulsive, superficial and insecure. She had no plans to marry off without having a bit of fun in London, but meeting Lucas changes all of that. Lucas has political aspirations, but he's caught up with the wrong crowd. He thinks Nicole might help him carry out plans (well, actually, he's just looking for an excuse to spend time with her without) and she is wil ...more
Jill
Mar 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I took this book on Holiday...it had been sitting in my pile beside my bed for some time. I like to read an historical romance, from time to time...they are usually fun if you don't take them too seriously...I like the stories of the "ton" and everyone happens to be gorgeous and all the women are a head of their time! However, this one was no different...was a quick read and fun along the way....and if you just want to read something that is quick, easy, and not brain draining, while sunning on ...more
Kat
Jul 15, 2010 rated it liked it
I absolutely LOVED the first book in this series. This one...meh. I didn't care too much for Nicole in the previous book, but she was rather young. She's a bit older here, but not much. I found her to be a totally manipulative brat. She could have used a good spanking. Lucas could honestly have done better. Besides looks, I couldn't understand his attraction to Nicole. I still, though, am eager to read Lydia's story.
Cristina
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ese libro resultó bastante entretenido. Un poco de misterio, una discusión de problemas sociales y una pizca de acción. Lo bastante para que no salga del romántico. La relación de Lucas y Nicole es muy interesante, pues aunque hay el deseo no es por él que ella se desarrolla. Hay mucho de amistad y eso es cosa que me gusta. Me sorprendió porque esperaba algo como tantos otros y la autora logró salir del común.
Patricia Solla
Jan 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This is the second of four connected books. There are two sisters (of the Duke from the first book) who are twins but are nothing alike. This story involves the fiestier of the two sisters. 'Coming out' is historically a girl's introduction to society and she's supposedly to find a proper husband. The story develops into a nice tale about a man in love, with marriage in mind, and a girl ready for an adventure but not a husband.
David Johnston
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Gets an extra star for one excellent moment, the point at which she expresses a thought about Thomas Paine, the hero attempts to overawe her with his superior learning, and she slaps him down in just the right way. I liked her for the rest of the book no matter how silly she got.
Rachel Rogers
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Didn't enjoy this one quiet as much as #3. Nicole, for all she was fun, did come across as a spoiled, willful, brat occasionally (exactly what she worried she was and the other characters assured her she was not). Lucas was a great character and I enjoyed seeing more of the Daughtrys.
Ebeye Jane Quijano
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, novel
BOLD
Juuli
Annoying heroine ... like a really annoying heroine.
Kiki
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Nicole and Lucas, good book which was full of adventure and mischief
Tamara
Aug 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Average Romance novel. A strong willed Heroine, and a determined hero fighting at ever turn. We all know how these turn out.
Kelley
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
I thought this one was the most interesting in the series. The rest really weren't worth it I just finished it to finish them.
Aeon
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
00:7
Jan 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
It's bad when you've read the book and can't remember what went on
Lori
Dec 28, 2010 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Splitting the middle between a 4 for the hero and story and a 3- for the heroine.
Kindaangelic
Sep 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
My 1st book byt this author and I will be looking for others! Nice story....interesting
Melissa
Mar 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
couldn't finish
Academicsupport
Aug 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoy these no-think romances which follow members a certain family. They're predictable, but very relaxing!
Carrie Felton
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good story! Loved the whole thing!
Jessi
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
I read this two weeks ago. And can't remember most of it. Except that Nicole had violet eyes. And was gorgeous. And kind of a brat. She's young and just coming out.
Frances
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Pure drivel. No history involved in this romance at all and no lady contrary to the title.
Michelle
Oct 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it was well written and had a nice plot. The only drawback was that the Hero was a little TOO perfect and undderstanding. But either way, it was a good read.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:11AM
  • The Courtesan's Secret (The Courtesan Chronicles #2)
  • The Secret Duke (Malloren, #10)
  • Triumph in Arms (Masters at Arms, #6)
  • Charity (Virtue, #3)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord (Courtship Wars, #5)
  • Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)
  • The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1)
  • Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1)
  • Never A Lady
  • Once Tempted (Danvers, #3)
  • A Taste of Desire (The Elusive Lords, #2)
  • Almost a Bride (Almost, #2)
  • The Lady in Question (Effingtons, #7)
  • Captive of Sin
  • Duke of Scandal (Duke Trilogy, #2)
  • My Lord Scandal (Notorious Bachelors, #1)
  • An Earl to Enchant (The Rogues' Dynasty #3)
Kasey Michaels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 books (she doesn't count them). Kasey has received three coveted Starred Reviews from Publishers Weekly, two for the historical romances, THE SECRETS OF THE HEART and THE BUTLER DID IT, and a third for contemporary romance LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY (that shows diversity, you see). She is a recipient of the RITA, a W ...more

Daughtry Family (5 books)
  • How to Woo a Spinster (Daughtry Family, #0.5)
  • How to Tempt a Duke (Daughtry Family, #1)
  • How to Beguile a Beauty (Daughtry Family, #3)
  • How to Wed a Baron (Daughtry Family, #4)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99