Start by marking “A Heart Exposed: Talking to God with Nothing to Hide” as Want to Read:
A Heart Exposed: Talking to God with Nothing to Hide

A Heart Exposed: Talking to God with Nothing to Hide

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The prayers of the people in Scripture contain everything from powerful stories of deliverance and explosions of heartfelt praise to desperate cries for mercy and incisive observations about the injustices of life. In the Psalms alone we find both complaints and outbursts of amazement along with whispered pleas that throb with grief and pain. Why then do our prayers today ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about A Heart Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Heart Exposed

Paisley Stewart
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This man writes his painfully honest prayers as a human being; searching for God, loving God, being angry at God, worshiping God, Crying out to God. He makes no pretense at religiosity and he does not preach. He pours out his heart with words that are often eloquent and poetic...but sometimes harsh and raw.

This book has been a blessing to me as I have been struggling with many hard trials in my life. Through it I have learned not to be afraid to speak my mind to the Lord, and I have learned that
Mary
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Steven is a good story teller, and a personal friend. He gets personal here for all of us to listen into one man’s poems/prayers before his God. This book is not a “how to” but just a good example; it is a modern day psalm book: “talking to God with nothing to hide.”
Michelle Alvarez
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read on prayers. Each prayer was so beautiful and poetic and raw. It will be something I will continue to read over and over.
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Similar in scope and power to a modern-day Valley of Vision; I read a few of these prayers every day as a devotional aid, and was often, often challenged, convicted, or comforted by a line or phrase that did expose my heart. As a writer, I appreciated the craftsmanship and the beauty as well; challenged me to think about my own prayers, and everyday conversations too, and be intentional and thoughtful in choosing my words, instead of rambling to fill awkward silences.
Rick
Oct 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Well crafted. He can really turn a phrase. This book could be packaaged as free verse poetry, but poetry does not sell particularly well. A couple selections are metered and rhymed. James can capture without pretense the soul's grappling with the divine and turn that struggle into terrific prose.
Laura Bowman
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK! I've read through it 4 or 5 times. Have added it to my morning devotions for the last year or so.

Agree with earlier review sort of a modern day The Valley of Vision but so much easier to pray and grasp.
Lynnette Franciscus
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Some of the prayers are "raw". Some are more "polished". There are also some short essays or "parables" included. All of it is heartfelt and worth reading.
Taffi
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! Really raw emotions. A wonderful read! Can be read at a stretch or at periodic intervals!
Jt
Mark
Sep 17, 2012
Shelley
Aug 06, 2012
Steven James is a national bestselling novelist whose award-winning, pulse-pounding thrillers continue to gain wide critical acclaim and a growing fan base.

After consulting with a former undercover FBI agent and doing extensive research on cybercrimes, Steven wrote his latest thriller, EVERY CROOKED PATH--a taut, twist-filled page turner that is available now wherever books are sold.

If you've nev
More about Steven James...