Start by marking “Glutton for Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Glutton for Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #1)

Glutton for Pleasure

(Pleasure #1)

They’re craving something sweet. She likes it spicy.

Devi Malik knows how to heat things up. She does it every night as head chef in her family’s Indian restaurant. Her love life, though, is stuck in the subzero freezer. Now, with a chance to fulfill a secret fantasy with her long-time crush and his brother, it’s time to put her desire on the front two burners.

For Marcu

Published March 17th 2009 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Glutton for Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glutton for Pleasure

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesColters' Lady by Maya Banks
Best Ménage Fiction
1,090 books — 1,365 voters
Perfection by R.L. MathewsonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonReasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Cassie MaeBet Me by Jennifer CrusieOn the Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo
Sexy Curves
454 books — 446 voters

More lists with this book...

Lenore
In no particular order:

Erotica disguised as romance, leaving much to be desired (see what I did there) as much as plot and character development goes. Also, head hopping.

A chubby heroine (well, a size 7) who is too insecure and defines self-worth through male affirmation.

The D/s bits are amusingly ridiculous.

Random use of the term agoraphobic to mean antisocial.

Anything positive? Eh. Some of the sex is hot, I guess?
Leonicka
I liked the chubby Indian chef as the heroine. Everything she cooked sounded delicious.
I'm not a fan of the brother who share trope but I kept reading anyway.
What made me stop was the "We're kinky because we were abused" trope. I HATE that and I hate the idea that Devi would have to deal with (and be the solution to?!) to their damage.
I'm disappointed :(
Jessica Alcazar
Alisha Rai has one of the most powerful storytelling skills that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. My very first book by her was A Gentleman in the Street. It was a recommendation by an author friend. At first I was skeptical because Aisha Rai just didn't seem to have enough reader following for me to invest. But then I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse ... If I didn't like the book, my friend would pay for it. #SOLD

OK, not only did i like the book, I immediately bought every single ot
Nisha
Dec 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I could slightly be biased, but I love this book. It's definitely spicy with an Indian American heroine and Black Irish Twins. Seriously, I don't know how much better things can get, but it does. Jace is my favorite, even when he is slightly Metrosexual. Marcus is pretty smokin' too, rough around the edges and slower to show affection. It's truly a menage story that actually seems to consider realistic problems, like Devi's mother and sisters.

Supposedly there are stories for each of the sisters
Gretel
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
I can already hear you: Only two stars? Did you hate it?!

Yes, only two.
No, I did not. But there are parts that really pissed me off.
But let’s dive into it from the start.

I love the premise. A chubby, voluptuous shy young woman gets the opportunity to an amazing threesome with impossibly attractive dark twins. They have amazing sex, there is a little drama, and the former insecure girl blooms into the sexual being she always was, finding love among the way in form of two fantastic men.

I like Devi
andrea caro
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
So, yeah. This is probably alright as far as taboo erotica goes. My rating doesn’t really have to do with the fact that it’s about one woman banging twin brothers, it’s about the fact that I couldn’t unsee the twins as the Property Brothers and it got real weird. So DNF.
Ivy Deluca
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
I enjoyed this. It is a very sexy menage romance between good girl Devi, a chef at her family's Indian restaurant, and twins Jace (lawyer) and Marcus (accountant). What promises to be a outrageous and sexually adventurous one night stand becomes a two week long affair that promises so much more. I love reading about a curvy heroine getting her men, and I really liked Devi. She's sweet and pragmatic but never a pushover. Also, let's take a moment to savor the yummy smutty twin trope, shall we?

Any
K.J. Charles
Loved Devi's voice and the writing style. Wasn't the book for me in premise (I am never going to get brothers as a thing) and I didn't click with the heroes, but you can't win 'em all, and Devi was great. On the overweight side, common sense, lovely blend of confidence and insecurity that rang very true.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When I first read Glutton for Pleasure it was one of the first ménage books I read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan of M/F/M ménage especially when the men are related but given the history with these two men I understood it and to this day I still enjoy this story. One man who wants a lasting relationship, one man who wants a night of fun and a woman who despite some initial reservations decides to take a chance and enjoy ever
Eve Dangerfield
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A sweet and delightful book, I didn't fall in love with Devi the way I did Akira but this was still an awesome happy-times read. Oh and the twins?

Ten out of ten Ewan McGregor going to town on this chocolates.
Hackmops
Definitely not as strong as the author's later works and absolutely not comparable to Rana's book, which is a hundred times better. The sex is hot and there are a few nice moments where you can already get a feel for the things that Alisha Rai is great at. Still, my overall impression was that this was too much, too fast in the 50% of the story and too little, too late in the character development, which mostly happened in the last third of the book.
For me, most of Rai's book (at least the ones
twelvejan [Alexandria]
A high 3!

I just love when I got a freebie that turns out to be deliciously good!

description

This one has an interracial mènage which is a first for me in and of itself (the interracial part that is). Pretty interesting to see how Devi, who comes from a conservative Indian family, stood up to fight for her love for not one, but TWO IRISH TWINS!

description

A fast, sexy read. Couldn't ask for a better Weekend Read! Apologies, I've been addicted to Major Lazer's Lean On lately. Pretty apt imo. And Diplo is just crazy hot.
Dulma
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book of 2019 and I absolutely loved it.

When i first saw an interview of Alisha Rai, I knew I just had to read her books. I just had a feeling it would be good. And she definitely didn't disappoint.

But the biggest reason I wanted to read this was because it's an erotica... with a brown girl at the forefront. Shouldn't be mind blowing but it sadly is as this is the first I've read of it's kind. Seems like a radical idea that brown women also like sex but with India having the second largest
Paullette
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hear ye, hear ye, for this historic pronouncement: this book has a bit TOO MUCH SEX in it for me!! I'm not usually a fan of M-M-F erotica, but I was down with the program until...all they *did* was Do It. The individual characters (and glorious writing) were interesting enough that I wanted the story to include more of their lives outside of the bedroom; I'd gladly read the Director's Cut of this book.
Barb
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it
It was fine. Very hot. Minimal plot. It's not a surprise this is Alisha Rai's first published book. I see the potential and give mad props for writing a WOC as the lead. But having devoured two other Rai books in quick succession, I know that she keeps getting better and better. This book is a stepping stone.
Rebecca
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shite! This was one sizzling hot book! I liked the storyline,loved the characters and don't even get me started on the sex scenes! I could barely put it down! omg! seriously,some of THE best erotica I've read in a good while!
Amanda

This book really wasn’t my cup of tea. I asked for recs for ménage romances for a reading challenge I’m doing and got lots of suggestions, including this one. Since I already had the second book in this series on my TBR, it seemed liked the best choice.

I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read from Rai so far and am slowly working my way through her books, but this was a letdown. My main issue is I felt the characters were really underdeveloped (especially the brothers) and I never felt their connect
Maddie
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
My first romance novel that is more heavily balanced by the sex than the romance. It was a little intimidating at first - especially since the sex in the book was very few holds barred - but I did really like the characters. I'm intrigued that the next book focuses on Devi's sister.
Kara-karina
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I freaking loved Alisha Rai's latest, so I thought I'd go through her backlist starting with Glutton for Pleasure especially as it's written in the same universe.

What can I say? It's her first published work, so the quality is nowhere near her latest, Hate to Want You. It's straight off erotica instead of erotic romance, so while Devi is a lovely tease of a potentiality awesome character, Jace and Marcus are mostly cardboard. Some good moments, but shaky at best.
* * *
Честно, купила " Жадную до
Leseparatist
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, owned
A.M.
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Devi is the chef in her family run Indian restaurant. She has eyed off Mr Tuesday night special for weeks. She even checked his credit card to learn his name is Jace Callahan. Her sisters are worried about her; she had a bad break up a year ago and hasn’t dated since.
But then Jace shows up on the wrong night and he has a date. They ask to meet the chef and Devi walks out to serve them only to discover that the date is his twin brother Marcus.
And they have an offer: both of them, one night, no co
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
I wanted to like this. I wanted to like this so very much. I really liked the last Rai book I read, and it's been so long since I read any erotica, bar Charlotte Stein, which has worked for me on any level. I was rooting for Rai!

Alas. Not to be.

There is that very fine line with erotica between character/story/romance (or, if you prefer a less loaded term: relationship) and sex. Some writers can do character and story and develop a H/h relationship in a handful of pages, paragraphs or even words
Marie
Jul 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, kindle, favorites
I'm usually not a fan of threesomes (it felt so wrong writing that here!), they usually end up being over done or just start not making sense anymore. I was a little hesitant to read this one but after reading Veiled Desire and Veiled Seduction I decided to read more of Alisha Rai's writing and honestly, I'm glad I read this one!

Devi is a chef at her family's restaurant. She's a little insecure, inexperienced and she considers herself to be the least attractive one out of her and her two other s
Heather in FL
Ah, to be cherished like this. Devi was one lucky girl to have caught the eye of not only Jace but his brother Marcus as well. And Jace sure does know how to treat a lady. Marcus has some rough edges, and I was so glad that Devi saw through the roughness and was able to break through his armor every once in a while. But how awful for Jace and Marcus to have experienced what they went through!! My heart broke for them when I learned what made them how they are. I knew something bad happened, but ...more
Tabs
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is an older Alisha Rai novel and it didn’t work for me whereas almost all of her books usually do. The heroine is great and I love how she showed everyone the backbone she’s always had by the time the book ended.

I did not love the heroes. If you don’t like twin brothers sharing a woman, this won’t work for you at all. The main thing I didn’t like, though, was that the sex felt coersive. Boundaries were unclearly made, trod over, and safewords treated like a silly notion that the heroine sh
P.e. lolo
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book is definitely an erotic book, and story line. The main characters are Devi who is the chief in her family’s restaurant. Then there are twin brothers and they are into sharing women. That is how the arrangement begins her thinking that she is going out on a date with one brother, and the other brother is introduced to her a little later that night. After the first night you think that it is a onetime deal until the brothers want to see her again. She thinks about it and decides to take ...more
Deepthi
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pronto-read
I had been through enough in my life, to know all white people don't like colored people. And every love story had to be easy.

But... this story had me thinking.
Do I like the story or not? Yes, and no.
NO: because, I'm frustrated with the fact that two Irish guys got it easy. There first date got accepted in first ten pages. And the girl went from sweet, nice to menage-sex crazy in a mere time of twelve hours.
Though, I had to admit, I liked the writing a lot.
The writing was exceptional. Not many
Amy~ My Book Obsession
Hot! Hot! Hot!

This is one panty wetting read! Damn I had to fan myself more than once.
I really enjoyed getting to know Devi, Jace, and Marcus. They are truly a match made in heaven. Devi is a quite workaholic who dreams of beautiful love. While Jace is a smooth talking and sexual man made for women. He knows his way around a courtroom, bed or mall. He's the sweet boy you've always dreamed of. While Marcus is everything you're daddy told you to stay away from. He's hot, sexy, dominating, and to
⚜️Trea
For a read that was supposed to be ultra hot and steamy, I really didn't find it to be so. Devi's constant need to keep the menagé under wraps got annoying very quickly, as did her sisters' interference in her love life/their relationship. Marcus' hang up about his past and how it affected their relationship was also extremely annoying, as it made him come off like a complete jerk. Thankfully, this was a free read, but while I was interested enough to want to read the follow up book, I really do ...more
Jackie
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A repackaged edition of a book originally published in 2009. Menage romance is not typically my thing, but Rai does great work here telling how Indian-American chef Devi becomes involved with two smoking hot Irish twin brothers, and how what was intended to be a one-night stand to get Devi's self-confidence back after a bad breakup ends up leading to romance-a-trois. Relevant cultural details, interesting family dynamics, and lots of internal debates about the efficacy and ethics of a three-way ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Perfect Union (Perfect Love Series, #1)
  • Falling Freestyle (Extreme Adventures Book 1)
  • The Strength of Three (Finding Strength, #2)
  • Three for Me?
  • Saved by One, Shared by Two
  • Pure Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #6)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • Family Matters  (Love Slave for Two, #2)
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • The Naughty List (Make Mine A Menage, #1)
  • Belonging to Them (Daly Way #1)
  • Nice and Naughty
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Bound by the Past (Lowell High School, #1)
  • Three to Tango
  • Susie's Choice
  • Light Switch
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)

Pleasure (2 books)
  • Serving Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #2)