Start by marking “Stranger and Stranger (Emily the Strange, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stranger and Stranger (Emily the Strange, #2)

Stranger and Stranger

10. A master prankster
11. An eXtreme procrastinator
12. A happy loner
13. A unique individual

. . . and now there are two of her.
Published March 30th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published September 8th 2005)

The Lost Days by Rob RegerSisters Red by Jackson PearceStranger and Stranger by Rob RegerPiece of Mind by Rob RegerDark Times by Rob Reger
Toon Covers
234 books — 51 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareHalo by Alexandra AdornettoAcross the Universe by Beth Revis
Best Teen Covers
861 books — 911 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Stranger and Stranger (Emily the Strange, #2)
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW

I am going to be like Emily and make a 13 things list as my review.

What I liked about Strange and Stranger.

1 TWO Emilies!
2 A cat translator that works.
3 OtherMe aka SuperAnnoyingMe aka EvilOne.
4 Venus Fang Fang – the super-secret-ex-spy.
5 Emily’s duplicator machine.
6 Varking hamdacks! (that’s Emily’s way of saying a bad word)
7 A cover with four cats and two Emilies.
8 Lists of 13 things like “Top 13 thoughts running through my head as we waited at the car for Search and Rescue to arrive.”
Readingtween
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I love Emily the Strange books! They're STRANGE! I thought they were hilarious. I'm addicted to these books. I'm also totally digging the cover. I am always entertained and laughing out loud, when I read this series. And NO I'm NOT too old for this series either! Anyone in their right mind would read these books. All her little made up curse words (lists of 13) and conversations with people just crack me up. I felt sometimes the plot was a little predictable, but, it wasn't to the point were I w ...more
Mauoijenn
I like that she's a cat lover.
That's about it.
I guess I'm just not getting these books.
Maybe if I was 12 and not 36. Oh well.
One more try and I'm done with Emily the Strange.
The Captain
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Ahoy there me mateys! This here be a combined review of the second and third books of the Emily the Strange series. While I try to post no spoilers, if ye haven’t read book one and ye keep reading this log then ye have been forewarned and continue at yer own peril . . .

Okay so back when I read book one I stated that “Emily is totally a kindred spirit for me and I am so glad I found her. I wish I would have found her sooner. This book is so funny and awesome. I knew it was for me just based on th
Adela Cacovean
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
English review, followed by the Romanian translation of the review (Recenzie în engleză, urmată de traducerea în română a recenziei)

In this second novel of the fantastic series of Emily the Strange, we are dealing with an even stranger situation than in the first one, as you could probably tell from the title of the book.

The chain of strange events begins when Emily is trying to make her invention - the Duplicator - work and she accidentally duplicates herself, and thus OtherMe is born. At first
Emily the Strange
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Seems the Other Emily sent my top-secret diary to a major book publisher. She is DIABOLICAL. Man, I wish I had thought of sending her diary to get published first!
Kai (CuriousCompass)
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'Stranger and Stranger' is honestly not just a great sequel, but a great book on its own. The first 40 pages may drag a little, but once it hits, it really hits. There's a reason this book is my favorite in the series.

First of all, we're meeting Emily for the first time here. In the first book she's got amnesia, and the main plotline is obviously her quest to regain her memories, which in the end she does; so the obvious question for this book is 'Who is Emily when she's not suffering amnesia? H
AennA
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
The third book of the four stories under Emily the Strange series, Stranger and Stranger is so far my favorite (I have not read the fourth one, yet). Starting off from Emily and her mom's attempt to pack all their things as they move to another town, her mischievous life was unraveled. As always, our characters room is filled with weird inventions and creatures, and it's getting harder for her to finish her duties. Eventually, we'll be introduced to one of her inventions which will accidentally ...more
Michelle
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Michelle by: Angela gave it to me
Shelves: ya, middle-grade
13 Things I enjoyed about Emily the Strange:
1. She says made up silly swears like "frabbing", "flamjars", "gobfarks", "flagbrakes, "varking hamdacks", "gabfrax", "grakking vertfarks", and "craphounds".
2. Every thing is in black, white and red. My fav colors!
3. She giggles at immature humor like the word "poopcake" (lol) and thought it was funny when her cat pooped outside of the litter box. "Sabbath thinks outside the box!!!" AHAHAHA!
4. Diary seems authentic with scribbles, doodles, drool stains
Honya
I really, really enjoy the Emily the Strange series. They are not your average “always do the right thing, empathize with others, etc.” sort of story, for sure. What they are is quirky, funny, smart, dark, and full of self-confident girl power. Not right for everyone, I’m sure, but loads of fun in my opinion. The entire story is told in journal entries, and Emily’s unusual (extremely brainy and non-at-all socially inclined) personality shines through brilliantly throughout. This was sort of weir ...more
Reading Teen
Aug 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Miss Ryoko
It's been a while since I've finished this book so it's not really fresh in my mind as I finally get around to reviewing the book.

The Emily books are not amazing or awesome, but they aren't horrible. I really enjoy Emily as a character. The stories are just there and they are neither super interesting nor super boring. They are enough to hold your attention but I am not jumping out of my seat or recommending the books to anyone. I like Emily's language and her stories are always slightly outrage
Nikki
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
In my opinion this was a lot better than the first Emily the Strange book, "The Lost Days". In both books, it's really fun to read about a protagonist who's completely unrealistic and deliciously evil, but the plot of this second novel was more enjoyable to me. Emily gets split into two people and the first part of the story is told by one half of her, the second part by the other. Seeing the story from these two perspectives was very interesting and it made you realise how easy it is to accept ...more
Kelly Moore
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, but this one was a bit of a letdown. I found it very boring at the beginning - it took forever for anything at all to happen. When the mystery finally got going, I was intrigued, but then the whole thing fell a bit flat again. Bummer. Still, I like the illustrations and the diary format. Maybe the third one will be better.
Liz H {Redd's Reads}
Dec 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
I read this one after book 3, which meant that the chronology was slightly botched in my head; however, I enjoyed this book as much as the others. Emily is quirky enough to make anything sound like fun-even when it goes wrong!
Heather
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked Emily better when she had amnesia, so this book was harder for me to get into. About halfway through, though, it really started to pick up. Quite ridiculous and funny.
Courtney
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-twist
Amanda Baltz, if you ever read this book, you would be hearing it in Stephanie Williams' voice. I kid you not. I felt like I was reading an alternate universe Stephanie.
Riley
I really liked reading this book, and both the jacket and the cover are fantastic. However, there are some things I really don't like about it. I understand that it isn't meant to be serious, and Emily does feel guilty about actions she took. Even so, the portrayal of mental health issues really had its ups and downs (almost all downs). The stigma surrounding mental disorders/illnesses is getting better, but nowhere near fast enough. There were a lot of other ways the author(s) could have gone, ...more
Raven R. (AvalonReadsBooks)
Not gonna lie I was kinda bored.

I used to be hella into the whole Emily the Strange thing, but I guess I'm out of my goth days. A bit too old for it, which is shocking cause I LOVE disney. I will say I was interested in the plot, but it took so long for it to come to a conclusion. It felt an awful lot like it was being unnecessarily and painfully being drawn out.

Otherwise I loved the sketches, the characters were mediocre, a little peeved they introduced the possibility of a love interest beca
Sirts
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just can't get over the fact how charming this little girl is. A true dark person with soul and bone. Just loved all the little quirky comments and ideas.
The book itself was strange, like it was meant to be.
I probably enjoyed the first book more than second, but while in the first, Emily was struggling with her memory loss. Then in the second one, she was full blast herself, well until she made a clone. But even if you are as ingenious as E, accidents might still occur. And how else do you ma
Emily B
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5*
Emily's back again for some weird and wonderful adventures in cloning and master prankery! I liked this more than the first one, I have to say! These books aren't amazing, but they're not bad either. You jump on board for the ride, get pleasantly entertained in a world of strangeness, and then hop off and forget about it. It's great mild escapism!
Intellectual Magpie
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finished Stranger and Stranger 🖤❤️🖤 5/5 ⭐️🖤❤️🖤 how can I not love reading one of Emily’s wicked journals 😱 hard to find such brutal honesty from a dark and twisted genius 😂 was a fun tale and definitely makes you rethink building a machine to duplicate yourself 😱
Carolyn
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I Love that she is a Crazy Cat Lover. That is always cool. She is a bit too dark at times and a bit too young for me to really enjoy it. But still, I went through it in an afternoon and it helped pass the time.
biblio_mom (Aiza)
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I had so much fun reading Emily's diary. I felt 15 years younger. This book is basically her daily mischievous written in a dairy-like book.

No book is a waste of time reading if you get something out of it. In my case with this book is FUN!
Em Pearce
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
A little cliche with the evil twin trope, but I loved the journey along the way. Fun little twists here and there, and it was entertaining to see how she handled the situation in her character nonetheless.
Greg Kerestan
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
While not as unique as the first "Emily the Strange" novella, Rob Reger still has a great handle on the "surreal gothic drollery" genre. If I'd had these books as a young Spooky Kid, they would have been one of my favorite things in the world.
Jess
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Strange is the perfect word and I love these books for that very reason - they're not like anything else! The book design and illustrations are delightful, and the story completely absurd in the best way. Highly enjoyable escapist reading.
J Godwin
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This kid rocks! Who wouldn’t want to be Emily Strange? Now to see if they have the 3rd book in audiobook. Love the narrator as well!
Chris
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, done, mystery, ya, fiction, scifi
Good four-book series about the strange adventures of Emily the Strange, as told by Emily in her journal.
Janneke
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a bit to get into but ended up really liking it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Ghostgirl (Ghostgirl, #1)
  • El secreto de las gemelas (Fairy Oak, #1)
  • Lovesick (Ghostgirl, #3)
  • Homecoming (Ghostgirl, #2)
  • El poder de la luz (Fairy Oak, #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 6 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 7 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 2 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • El encanto de la oscuridad (Fairy Oak, #2)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey, Inner Goddess: A Journal
  • El amor: la gran oportunidad
  • Dioses y héroes de la mitología griega
  • Noa, la joven fantasma
  • La Casa de los Miedos Con Plan Lector
  • ¡Que vienen los marcianos!
  • Suerte de colibrí
Reger's friend Nathan Carrico designed Emily in 1991 for a skateboard company in Santa Cruz, where Cosmic Debris was born. In his Santa Cruz garage (and later an artist warehouse in San Francisco) Reger created the designs, and with Matt Reed brought them into the fashion world by creating t-shirt designs that captured the essence of this mysterious young girl with 4 black cats. Since then, Cosmic ...more

Emily the Strange (4 books)
  • The Lost Days (Emily the Strange, #1)
  • Dark Times (Emily the Strange, #3)
  • Piece of Mind (Emily the Strange, #4)