Start by marking “The Vampire King's Husband” as Want to Read:

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  887 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
When Bastion is down on his luck he takes the advice of a stranger and ends up in the arms of the Vampire King.
ebook, 1st Edition, 39 pages
Published June 2009 by Literary Road

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire King's Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire King's Husband

V
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Instead of releasing a second edition from a story that was released in 2011, this author should have written a sequel to tell us what happen with the Queen, the King's mother and the King's Brother after the Queen tried to kill Shay,the Vampire's husband.
Very inconclusive with a very underdeveloped plot, it fails to reach its full potential.
Myka
I had been looking forward to reading this and I knew it was short, but it felt like a yaoi manga and while this would probably work on a manga, not so much as a short story. Everything happened too quickly and every piece was perfectly in place without no drama or conflict. I also didn't like the nicknames, it just doesn't work when their only difference is one letter (Vas vs Bas) and it expresses a familiarity with the characters we as readers can't have with such a short story.
Aղցela W.
This was a short quick read that I enjoyed. Shay was down on his luck his parents have been dead for less then two weeks and his uncles have taken over his parents estate, because he is only 21 and his uncles are robbing him and not treating him right. Vasska has been looking for his mate for over a thousand years he has prayed to the Goddess to send him one. Shay who is unable to get a job meets a man that tells him that the castle is always hiring and give him a paper Shay who is nervous about ...more
Sophia
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, pnr-uf
I enjoyed the over all story's plot and I loved the set up. The meeting was humorous and fun, but then things went quickly from meeting to mating. I would have liked a getting to know you period and things more drawn out, but then the conflict started and I got more involved again. So it was quick and moderately enjoyable, just wanted a bit more depth.
Lisa
Jan 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Plot and characters undeveloped, bland and lacked interest. Even for a short story, it felt rushed.

Last 15% taken up with promotion of another book.....

*meh*
Elisa Rolle
The Vampire King's Husband is a stand alone book by Amber Kell, an author that in the past used me to short stories inside a series. Instead I believe this short story was planned as a one shot. It has a fantasy setting, an apparently medieval town: the young hero is searching work as apprentice from a blacksmith, there is a castle overlooking the town, the life inside the castle has a strict order level... all hints that the way of life is somewhat historical. Then, here and there, I found some ...more
Gianna
At times I liked the story. At others, not so much. Hence the three stars. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't especially good either. I liked the main story itself, even if it was rushed. Non-humans commonly know their mate immediately. And Vas was no exception. That was fine. Bas is a human, also fine. He's, for all intents and purposes, broke and homeless so he's desperate. I get that. But to find out you're the mate of a vampire king in just a couple hours and you don't freak out even a little bit? ...more
Ramona
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Inhalt:

Vampirkönig Vasska wartet schon sein ganzes Leben auf seinen Gefährten/seine Gefährtin. Langsam wird es Zeit, denn sein Bruder Derl wartet nur auf eine Möglichkeit, um ihn vom Thron zu stoßen. Alle Hoffnung setzt er auf die Göttin Amethia.

Shay hat vor kurzem seine Eltern verloren. Seine Onkel kümmern sich pseudomäßig um ihn, es geht ihnen letztendlich aber nur um sein Erbe. Shay ist deshalb auf der Suche nach einem Job, doch das ist gar nicht so einfach.

Auf einmal erscheint ihm jedoch ein
Byron
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
There was so much more that could be done to build this story. It was well formed and charachters were likable.. but really not given a chance to know them. I guess I should always start one of my stupid reviews with - I DO NOT LIKE SHORT STORIES.. Why do I read them?? I don't know.. but I do like Amber Kell's style...

This story had us meeting two very different men. It quickly introduces them and runs the course to thier mating. A couple of little speed bumps along the way.. so it's great for
Mandy Quinn
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like reading this book it was okay but too short for me

I really loved reading this book it was good. I have read this book twice already. I love the relationship between Vasska and Shay. The problem I have with this book it is to short. I like the little bit of twists and turns and the edge of the seat action. I will recommend this book to everybody I know and to all friends too.
LD  Durham
Nov 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Choppy and a bit too shallow, even for a short yaoi-esque book. My impression is that someone goofed and published the roughest of the rough drafts of this story. I could see potential, but between the awful grammar issues, the all-over-the-place dialogue, and the feeling that I was just skimming along the surface with no depth to a plot or to characters, it was a hard story to enjoy. I don't think I'll be attempting another book by this publisher. The author, however, I may try again.
Debbie Benson
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vasska prays to the goddess to provide him with a mate. She respond by sending the gray man to recruit Shay as a blood donor. Shay goes to the castle where he is sent to serve the king. When Vasska sees him, he wants to claim him in all ways. They are married before the goddess despite their families' interferences.
Siobhan
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotic
The prologue sounded promising, but past that everything sort of hopscotched past the finish line and you were left with your eyebrow raised in disbelief. Had this book contained more information about the characters, and more interaction with the world, I believe it might have actually been a decent read. As it was I can only give it two stars for trying.
Mike
Short, corny but fun gay fairy tale

A rather short gay fairy tale of an orphaned lad being mystically led to and mated by the vampire king. A sweet idea, but the dialog and rapid plot developments seem formulaic more than intriguing for my tastes. Still, it succeeds as a sweet, short gay fairy tale (with a Vampire King in the role the "Prince Charming").
Jen Pinto
Mar 27, 2011 rated it liked it
I thought this book had the potential to be so much more. The relationship between Vas and Bastian was very rushed and really should have been fleshed out more. The dynamic between the King's brother, mother and the King was clouded and unclear.

I did like the story, but it really needed to be expanded quite a bit and it seriously needed more depth.
Shirley
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Sorry. Didn't much care for this one. Not one of her better stories. The king finds his mate and then keeps getting sidetracked. One minute he doesn't want to leave his mate alone, the next minute they’re sleeping separately. Characters were shallow and inconsistent. I couldn’t get into this one at all. From the blurb I was hoping it would be a lot better.
Ryoma Gartre
Everyone knows that Amber Kell excels at short stories, this one was an ok-read, because suddenly there where just too many elements and not all felt resolved in the end, still it was an enjoyable read.
TwistedRose
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who don't mind short stories
I really liked this story. I don't understand why people seem to have a problem with it. Yes, I wish there was more to it and it was longer but it's obviously meant to be a short story people not a book. Get over it!
Ana
Feb 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Stephanie
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, amber-kell
I usually really like Amber's stories but this one lacked detail and substance.
Lasha
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
Julie scott
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Vampire King's Husband

For a short story it was great and I can't wait to read more...I hope it's real soon to hopefully.
Yuikki
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it but sad that it's too short.
Alma Gibbs
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Too short. Would've been great if it'd been longer.
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Cute characters and interesting plot line. However, the author should have developed the story further. It was anticlimactic just like Breaking Dawn.
Elayne
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bought-books
I read the original, just rebought it. I'm looking forward to more in this series.
Clerah
Dec 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, m-m, _own, pnr
Although not one of my favorite reads by Kell, still a decent read of the paranormal ilk with a HEA ending.
Brittney Bower
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I so love stories like this with happy endings. though the only real problem I have with this story is that its too short. I could of like at least another ten pages and so. And a sequal as well.
Amanda Kern
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short read

It is a short read and to the point. I would like more story. I mean there are unanswered plots that could be explored.
Julie
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Definitely cute.
  • Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I, #3)
  • Perfect Timing
  • Frankie's Vamp (Hot Encounters #1)
  • A Vampire in Waikiki (Vampire in Waikiki, #1)
  • Vamp Camp (Vamp Camp, #1)
  • Forgotten Sins (Haven #3)
  • The Given & The Taken (Tooth & Claw, #1)
  • Enslaved By Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #10)
  • Enthralled (Enthralled #1)
  • Lust & Vamp (Anything Goes #2)
  • Blood Run Cold
  • The Hard Truth (Daywalkers, #2)
  • Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack #2)
  • The Vampire and the Man-eater
  • Cake (Blood Nation, #1)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99