Start by marking “The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)

The Last Wilderness

(Seekers #4)

Is this journey's end . . . or just the beginning?

Toklo, Kallik, Lusa, and Ujurak have finally reached the Last Great Wilderness, the legendary bear paradise they've been searching for. But while his companions think they've come to the end of their long journey, Ujurak feels a deep unrest. Is this truly where they're meant to be?

In the Last Great Wilderness, one by one
Published February 9th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Wilderness, please sign up.

Start your review of The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)
Donna
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book for youngsters is the story of four bears and their adventures as they look for a wilderness area where they will be safe from humans. It is a charming story that focuses on ecological problems, friendship, and leadership. The book has a strong message against defiling the planet on which we live. The story is told through the eyes of a bear.

I’d recommend this book to younger readers who like animal adventures.
Nicholas
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Toklo, Kallik, Lusa and their shape - shifter friend Ujurak have finally reach the Last Great Wilderness. Some of them go on their own and some stay. Until they come together to be strong again. But when disaster strikes they are forced to leave risking one of their own. The flat- faces forcing them to go so they don’t get capture. Is this journey coming to the end or is it just the beginning?

People should read this if you like adventures books. Adventure’s books are full of actions and problems
Anacca Renner
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing

The Last Wilderness (Seekers #4)
by Erin Hunter
Fantasy
288 pages

Toklo, Kallik, Lusa and Ujurak have finally made it to the Last Great Wilderness, but has their journey ended..or just begun? Ujurak thinks that this is not the last part of their journey. Is it?

I think this book is a good sequel to Smoke Mountain and overall a good book for a few reasons. One is the bonding between Lusa and Toklo. They really care for each other and it adds to the story a lot. Another reason is Toklo becomes more of
Kayla
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: seekers
All in all this was a pretty good book, although I though the ending could have been warped up a little different. It seemed like it was lacking the important details and had to much unnecessary details. Though I might have to reread the ending because I was reading at school wale we were watching some dumb movie.

In this book you will see what the four bear friends will decide to do will they continue there journey or will this be the end.

Will Kallik go to the ice that has been calling her for
Desirée
This series is an interesting read - fun for a different point of view on how humans don't treat the world as well as we probably should. It's funny to look at it all from the perspective of a bear because they don't know about "our world". I've warmed up to the series but it's still doesn't make the top of the list. I'm interested enough to want to know what happens next, but not enough that I'd pay full price for the next books and thankful enough that I got the first 5 of this series off the ...more
merg
Feb 19, 2010 rated it liked it
I like Warriors a lot better than Seekers. Not that I have anything against bears, it's just that I think in Warriors the characters are developed much better, and the plot is more clear. I honestly didn't really know what they were trying to do in this series until I read this book. I heard that there's going to be a second six-book series for Seekers. It's kind of funny how Erin Hunter's series keep getting extended...not that I mind, for Warriors, at least. This Seekers book was a bit weird, ...more
Deb
The book became WAY WAY WAY to preachy about the evils of oil dwelling. This is a children's book, not an adult book! We own the next book, so I will read it, but I will not be buying any more books in this series. I felt that the authors spent too much time on their own views. The point could have been given in a condensed manner. Just my opinion.
Ipodshuffle266 Meredith
Wow, the books in this series seem to be getting worse as they go. This one was very dull and I had a hard time even getting through it. It was very boring and I found myself not caring at all.
John
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Change in the direction, from the Bears perspective that is, as they discover that they need to Seek a way to save the wild. Kind of saw that coming. Curious to see how this challenge gets met as it is a daunting task.
Sammy
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Took it on holiday with me I loved the previous three this one not so much, it’s a little bit dry and is maybe a builder for what is to come? Still love the characters and will be reading the last two
Mara Duncan
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good, but some action could have made it more interesting.
herlibrary
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5
So far this was the best book in the series!
Ashley
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing

I chose this rating because it is a very good book series. Erin Hunter spent so much time and effort to make this book series and did an amazing job doing so.
claresgotbooks
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My sweet boy got his point of view :,)
Katie Barber
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Seekers books keep getting better and better. Excellent storytelling. Excellent character development. I can’t wait to read more.
Himayath Nuzraan
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very descriptive. Nicely written
Nate Laird
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was very good book bit boring in the begining but got more interesting over time very good book
Jaydino
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(SPOILERS) Summary:
The bears have finally reached the Last Great Wilderness, and find it to be exactly the paradise they thought it would be. However, Ujurak feels their journey is far from over, and feels a pull towards the ice. Kallik also longs for the endless ice, but Toklo wishes to live on his own like a true Grizzly. When on a hunt, Ujurak accidentally swallows a fishhook while in the form of a goose, and the bears have no way to heal him. They end up taking him to a human village, and
A.R. Collins
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series of books. This is the fourth, and so far they have been a consistent four stars. I'm going to start with what is keeping this instalment off the five-star mark, just to get it out of the way, but these things do not really spoil my enjoyment. Please be aware that this review contains spoilers for the first book, though not for this one.

Firstly, I think the authors (a little disappointing they turn out to be more than one person!) could be a little more careful
Claire
It has been established that once Ujurak transforms into an animal, he becomes that animal, body and soul, and sees the world through their eyes, rather than through the eyes of a bear. Once that became apparent to me, my first thought was, "What if Ujurak transformed into a human? What would he see differently that he wouldn't be able to see as a bear? How would he react to this sudden influx of knowledge and awareness and sentience? Would he be overwhelmed? Would he sympathize with humanity? ...more
Ben
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd-quarter
When I started reading this book, I couldn't think of what they'd be doing. They already got to the last great wilderness which really explains itself. After a few pages it became clear to me what was probably going to happen: The last great wilderness will go away. I think that this is a great way to keep the series going and makes me wonder how they're going to save it.
The main part that sets off this book is when Ujarak gets hurt by swallowing a fishing hook while he was morphed into a
Ashley
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Jenaka Fontes
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seekers: The Last Wilderness is the 4th book ina series of 6. It is about 4 bears named Toklo, Kallik, Lusa and Ujarak (he can turn into any animal).They have came a long way from the forest to the "flat-face" town (what they call humans). Ujarak swallows a fish hook while a goose and it gets lodged in his throat. His friends get him to change into a flat-face cub. They take him to a doctor in the woods. The doctor gets the hook out and while he is leaving, the government comes in and want to ...more
Grace Cuenca
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was great because it was very adventurous and had some exciting twists and turns. Sometimes the things that happend surprised me and I always couldn't wait to see what would happen next. At the Last Great Wilderness, the bears start to remember their true natures. Toklo the grizzly bear longs to hunt caribou and make scratch marks on the trees to mark his territory. Kallik the polar bear is still not comepletely fond of the ground and wishes she could go back to the ...more
Cathy
Book 4. My teen loves these animal stories and I am reading them afterwards.

People with animal-spirits inside them. The reduction of the bears' habitat vs. the oil industry. This is still primarily a story of environmental responsibility.

The escape from the hospital was funny.

I liked that Lusa was "knowing she didn't have any hope of winning but enjoying the sensation of strength in her muscles," because she didn't have to compare herself to others to enjoy herself and her strength and her
Sherlock 221
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: animal-drama
I love Erin Hunter but the plots are predictable so I'm reading this right and I'm like EPIC FACEPALM!!!! I like the warriors a lot better the twists and drama and combat....... I am not sure if I will finish it or just take a break... I usually thoroughly enjoy her books but this one did not have its usual flare I give it three stars because it's well described and I do love all of her other work and one bad rating can lead to thousands more spoo....yeah you get the picture.

Plz do better in the
Isaac Bertke
I really like this book because after a long travel and search the 4 bears finally come to the place of the Last Great Wilderness.Along the way they encountered thing like hunters who try to kill them. One of the bears were eating an got a hook caught in his esophagus and had to get help from some villagers. But as they are at the village some rich people came to by the land the village is on and when they see the bear hurt they take him to a real hospital. After the bear is found by his other ...more
Samantha
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I just really love this series, and I keep waiting for a book to be not as good as the previous ones but it just isn't happening. This one had more interaction and explanation of the flat faces and the journey the bears are on. This is just a great story, anyone who is an animal lover or a nature lover should read these. There is a great story about friends with this underlying "humans are destroying the world we need to fix it" theme.
Michael G
Nov 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book. It is about a group of bears that will have to leave their sanctuary due to all the bear attacks that are happening. The hunters don't want the bears to leave their sanctuary because then they won't have anything to hunt when they go hunting. The bears don't want to leave the sancuary because then they won't have no where to live and that is where they were born to live and probably the only place were they can find food easily.
Jacob Delgadillo
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought the book was very good.It had lots of great scenes,and the characters were great.Even though I didn't start at the first book,it was still a great experience to read.This book mostly had me on the edge of my seat to find out what happens next.I love how the author put the perspective of each character.If your a person who like action and suspense,this is the book for you.
« previous 1 3 next »
Open To Discussion! 2 4 Sep 08, 2013 07:19PM
Talk About Juveni...: The Last Wildernees. 1 3 Jun 23, 2013 08:37AM

• Lone Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #1)
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)
  • The Taken (Foxcraft, #1)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)
  • The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire, #13)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • Dragon Flight (Dragon Slippers, #2)
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
  • Leroy Ninker Saddles Up
  • Minecraft: Redstone Handbook
  • Dragon Slippers (Dragon Slippers, #1)
  • The Lost Children
  • Against the Tide (Spirit Animals, #5)
  • The Mage (Foxcraft, #3)
  • Showoff (Swindle, #4)
  • Cyanide and Happiness: Punching Zoo
  • Hideout (Swindle, #5)
  • Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the

Seekers (6 books)
  • The Quest Begins (Seekers, #1)
  • Great Bear Lake (Seekers, #2)
  • Smoke Mountain (Seekers, #3)
  • Fire in the Sky (Seekers, #5)
  • Spirits in the Stars (Seekers, #6)