Start by marking “Pregnesia (The Recovery Men #3)” as Want to Read:
Pregnesia (The Recovery Men #3)

Pregnesia (The Recovery Men #3)

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Pregnant. Alone. And running for her life

Former navy SEAL Lucas Washington was an expert at tackling impossible missions. But when a striking - and very pregnant - woman turned up in a car he was repossessing, suddenly he was in over his head. Shaken and bruised, she couldn't remember what had happened to her or why she was terrified of going to the police. Lucas made it c

ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #1146, The Recovery Men #3, 211 pages
Published July 1st 2009 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pregnesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pregnesia

Mar 01, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I read this book because of the title. Pregnesia. PREGNESIA!! You cannot NOT read a book with a title as ridiculous as Pregnesia. The one star rating is for the title alone. (Heck, I would have given it another 1/2 a star were that possible!)

Alas, the premise of the book is as ridiculous as the title. The hero is not charming or exciting, the heroine is boring and the "intrigue" that Harlequin promises us on the cover is not so much intriguing as it is stupid.
Dianna
Like a number of other reviewers, I arrived at ‘Pregnesia’ after reading a really fantastic review and a whole heap of comments on SBTB’s site, and I wanted to experience the book for myself. However I’m also here because I am trying to teach myself a better tolerance of some fictional tropes, and amnesia is a really good example of something I came to hate, and now I must challenge that hatred and emerge a better reader, or something.

Once upon a time, I thought fictional amnesia was one of the
Mojca
This is the final book in Ms. Cassidy's The Recovery Men trilogy about three ex-Navy SEAL friends encountering woman-related trouble. Not the usual trouble of the feminine nature, someone wants these gals dead and its up to the boys to figure out who and why.

Lucas Washington, the only Recovery man still single (and preferring it that way), is on an errand to repossess an unpaid-for Buick with a pregnant woman in the back seat. No, she isn't incorporated, she's hiding. And not only is she pregnan
Kari Sommers
I only read this because of (a) the title and (b) a rather hilarious review that a coworker pointed out to me. Read it and tell me you don't want to read the book.
Diana
I would like to give this book both negative three stars and plus eleventy billion. Unfortunately, neither is an option.
Kelsey Hudson
I don't even know how to rate this book because it was so bananas crazy. The title is the best thing ever, but Lucas was so punchable with his daddy drama and pity party. If a man came to me while I was literally in the middle of birthing a child and started talking about his emotional baggage, I would have punched him into the sun.
Amanda
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A friend gave me this -- and oh man it was as hilariously awful as the title suggests. I'm actually going to give it an extra star based on it being amusing.
FabulousRaye
Ohhhh don't look at me like that for 4-starring this. It was entertaining as hell. I read it with my Bad Book Group on FB. I'll have a proper review soon.
Brooklyn Ann
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crazysauce
I read this in BAD BOOK CLUB and oh man, this one was off the wall bat-sh*t crazy!
Eliza Baum
I first heard about this book from this review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books (fabulous site). It's not the sort of book I would have chosen on my own, but the review was hilarious, the book was on sale for 99 cents, and I wanted a quick, mindless read.

And wow. This reminded me of the reasons that I tend not to read contemporary romances, and also prefer something longer than the monthly series romances. That's not to say it was all bad--it was certainly as amusing in places as the review promis
Paula Legate
The suspense and story line was very intriguing keeping me interested. The story starts out with Lucas doing a favor for a friend. The favor itself should have been easy, with very little complications. He was shocked to find Jane, as in Jane Doe hiding in the back seat of the car he was repossessing. Jane had amnesia from a head injury, and her face was bloody. Lucas knew he just couldn't leave her. She was also very pregnant. He took her to his sister's house. Loretta was a nurse. Loretta didn ...more
RLA
Jun 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right so, the story... Well it begins with out hero Lucas, who finds out heroine hiding in the back of a car he is repossessing. The heroine is suffering from amnesia after receiving a head injury. She is also heavily pregnant. Lucas, a former navy SEAL promises to help 'Jane' recover her memory and hopefully find her family. Jane tells Lucas she is scared and believes herself to be in danger, and initially Lucas does not believe her. After she is almost kidnapped and his apartment is broken int ...more
Fabiola Chenet
J'ai hésité entre 2 et 3 cœurs mais finalement ce sera 3 car ça se lit vite grâce au style fluide de l'auteur. L'histoire est sympathique et les héros corrects. Même s'il semble y avoir de l'action, au final, il n'y en a pas tant que ça et la fin se déroule assez vite. Toutefois le suspense est bien maintenu et l'amnésie bien traitée. Ce n'est quand même pas une lecture que je recommande aux mordus de romantic suspense, à moins avis, frustration garantie.
Gwen Hayes
How can you not love a book called PREGNESIA? I had fun reading this. It was all I expected. From the title. Because the title tells you EVERYTHING you need to know. Made of Win.
laudanum at 33
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most amazing piece of trash I've ever read.
Harmonie
Surprisingly not too terrible! I kinda enjoyed it. Maybe because I wasn't expecting too much.
Galla
Jul 21, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMG. THIS TITLE.

I'm probably not really going to read it, but THIS TITLE.
Tara
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had to give this 5 stars purely for the comedy factor. This book is hilarious, well worth reading for the laugh.
Rita
May 05, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
HAHAHA How can you not read a book with a title like "Pregnesia"?????
Wendy Sparrow
Emily
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, own, 2017
This was exactly what I hoped it would be: former Navy SEAL falls in love with the pregnant, amnesiac woman he finds in a car he's repossessing and gets to play hero. It was just the right sort of crazy pants.
Sarah Monty
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The title really sets the tone for this book- it is absurd and entertaining.
Raven
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
WTF?

I'll admit I read this because of the title. Pregnesia. Pregnesia! Sadly, this book did its title 100% justice. The hero was a bore, the heroine was a yawn, and the only intrigue was plastered across the cover in capital letters.

Now that I think about it, though, I did laugh quite a bit so that's deserving of an extra star!
Joy
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up on sale last week due to the absolute insanity of the title/premise and its legendary status at SBTB. Did not disappoint - story is basically exactly what the title implies, with some absolutely insane crazysauce going on. It's a great escapist read, and while it's no great literature I enjoyed it and found it a nice change from the literal insanity of the world right now. Pretty much no sex, for those that care.
Cyndy Aleo
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Incredibly horrifying title to the contrary, Pregnesia is pretty much your usual fair for a Harlequin Intrigue novel: fairly easy-to-figure out mystery, pretty much instalove on the part of the hero and heroine, and a happily-ever-after ending.

Sorry if I spoiled it for you.

Jane is pregnant and has no memory of who she is. She's found by our erstwhile hero when he's repossessing a car as a favor for someone. He's an ex-Navy SEAL who's now in the "getting things back" business, but it's usually h
Sally Kilpatrick
All righty then.

I probably *should* give this book 2 stars. After all, I did figure out the mystery part almost immediately. Oh, and if you're looking for really steamy scenes, you're going to have to look further because, well, pregnant. But, come on, the title is Pregnesia. That is worth at least one star right there.

I found the book very easy to read, and I especially liked Lucas's character as well as the concept of ex-military bros going into a specialized repo sort of business. I liked Lor
Wendy Sparrow
Yes, I really did read this...no, I can't rate it. I'd heard from fellow writer peeps that this was as B-movie as the title implied. And it didn't disappoint, but I've read Carla Cassidy stuff...and she's a good writer...I'm not convinced this book wasn't intentionally written this way. So, how do you rate that? Because, really, it felt so intentionally B-movie and campy. And I enjoyed it like I would something in that category. I tend to think it was clever writing because, as I've said, I've r ...more
Stephanie
Early on in this book I had the desire to start highlighting all the marvelous cliches and romance tropes as I found them. Then I realized that 90% of the book would be highlighted, so I let that desire go.

This is a fairly bland book overall. The writing is ok and the plot is predictable. What's awesome about it is the way it manages to take Romance Novel Bingo and crank it up to 11. Every other line is about how he's damaged and sworn never to love, or she's fragile but beautiful, or someone ag
Elizabeth

A book that is as crazy as it sounds! She’s pregnant! She has amnesia! He’s a former NAVY seal, because, of course. He runs a PI like business, but didn’t seem to be that good at it. (Seriously, she also gets kidnapped at a Walmart).

If you’re looking for a romance with great dialogue, well-developed characters, and a romantic relationship that builds, move along. If you’re looking for a quick read and a little crazy ass fun, here you go!

Not even sure how to rate this one – it’s so bad it’s good
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I Don't Even Own ...: 001 - Pregnesia (w/ Jeb Lund) 1 1 Sep 25, 2016 02:19AM
  • The Baby's Guardian (Texas Maternity Hostages #1)
  • Up Against the Wall (The Precinct: Vice Squad #1; The Precinct #5)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • Trilogy No. 111: Speak Its Name
  • High-Caliber Christmas
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Snowed in with the Boss (Kenner County Crime Unit, #3)
  • The Missing Twin
  • Colby Core (Colby Agency, #42)

The Recovery Men (3 books)
  • Interrogating the Bride (Recovery Men, #1)
  • Heiress Recon (Recovery Men, #2)

“Why can I remember eggplant, when I can't remember my own name?!” 3 likes
“The good thing about being with a woman who has amnesia is that the conversation gets to be all about you” 2 likes