Start by marking “The Pirate Slayers: Ghost Waves” as Want to Read:
The Pirate Slayers: Ghost Waves

The Pirate Slayers: Ghost Waves

In the winter of 1846, the ship Brooklyn leaves New York City, carrying passengers bound for San Francisco. On a warm moonless night, off the coast of Brazil, four young people fall overboard as the ship continues on unaware. Thomas, Elizabeth, Nicole and their Australian sailor friend, Matthew, manage to fight their way to a nearby island, where they realize landing ashor ...more
Published December 15th 2009 by WiDo Publishing (first published September 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate Slayers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirate Slayers

Start your review of The Pirate Slayers: Ghost Waves
Suzana
Aug 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
I had looking forward to the reading this and originally got it as Kindle for PC, but I had a struggle reading it on my laptop. So when it became available for Nook I set out to finally read it, but it was such a poorly written book that I had to force myself to read finish it.

One word that came to mind when I was discussing it with a friend was unimaginable because so many scenes were either so far fetched I could not imagine them or the description was such that I could not imagine the scene
Erica
Dec 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know much about this book before I started reading it and really didn't expect too much, but I absolutely LOVED this book. It has adventure, romance, morals, suspense, action, and pirates. It has a very unique story line that I really enjoyed. I was drawn in from the very first chapter! I loved all the characters in the book, especially Captain Scrimshaw and Lady Reid. I would highly recommend this book to anyone! Excellent debut book for this author. I can't wait for the second book!
Karlene Browning
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was an easy, fun read. Set in the 1800s, four teens fall overboard and and find themselves stranded in the ocean. The two girls are LDS, the two boys are not. They use determination and ingenuity to find their way back to their families. They must contend with the elements, wild animals, crazy thieves and pirates. And there's a little romance too. Pretty fun.

I think 12 to 14 year olds would really like the book, both boys and girls. A few mild swear words, but that's all.
Julie
Feb 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
I never would have picked this book up, just judging from the cover and the title, but I really liked it. I wanted to know what was going to happen and found myself thinking about the characters a lot. A fun adventure. I really appreciate the upstanding main characters. It seems like so much of today's literature is lacking in virtuous characters.
Courtney Smith
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Courtney Smith by: Kay Wright
I enjoyed this book. It was fun to read about the adventures of the young adults in this book. It was fun and clean. I will let my 11 year old read it, although I don't think I'd let much younger (they need some maturity for the talk regarding virtue - which was much esteemed in this book)! I would read future books in this series.
Karen
Dec 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, an action adventure, probably geared most for the YA reader. It's got some memorable villains, like the pirate Vanessa Scrimshaw and Lady Reid, and some likable heroes, my favorite being Matt, the Australian sailor. I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun action read. I look forward to the sequel.
Trisha
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed every bit of this book. Great story line, lots of adventure, and fun characters. I found myself eager to read and keep reading, I just had to know what was going to happen next. I am anxiously waiting for Book #2!
Kay
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book as did our granddaughter. In her own words, "It was a GREAT book!".

We are both waiting for the next book to find out what happens to the pirate slayers. Great job, Bill!
Misfit
Mar 09, 2012 marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
Really not my cuppa tea, but it is free on kindle today.
William Prusso
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Best book I ever read, but then I'm a bit biased. Thanks for all the nice reviews everyone.....
Mike
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Walt
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I know the author! Top notch stuff, this!
Melinda
Feb 26, 2010 marked it as to-read
This was one of my favorite primary teachers!!! I didn't even know he wrote a book. That is soooo cool! I can't wait to read it.
Dennis Holt,Sr.