Start by marking “That Yucky Love Thing” as Want to Read:
That Yucky Love Thing

That Yucky Love Thing

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Sam is sick of that yucky love thing - everywhere he looks people are hugging and kissing - it's just disgusting! There's only one thing for it. Sam hops on his bicycle to get away - as far away as he can. But even in the depths of the jungle and on the floor of the ocean there's no escape! So how will he feel when he slips over and finds a little girl who wants to reach o ...more
Unknown Binding, 25 pages
Published May 31st 2008 by Not Avail (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about That Yucky Love Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Yucky Love Thing

Alice
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars Love is yucky... until it isn't! LOL ! A cute picture book with a fun story of imagination and good old yucky love!! DOUBLE YUCK!!
Jessica
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
7:55 am on a Saturday...
My six-year-old niece Bella really wanted to add something to Goodreads so I told her to go get her favorite book and we'd add it to our Read Shelf. She came bounding down the stairs carrying "That Yucky Love Thing".
Me: How many stars do you want to give the book? (I proceeded to tell her what each star represents.)
Bella: All the stars. It's better than amazing. I love it. It love it so, so much!
Me: Yuck, YUCK, double Y-U-C-K!

This book has been a smash hit with our famil
Hector Gutierrez
This book was OK, the illustrations were really good, but the story did not make much sense. I dislike books that children disrespect their families and in my opinion that what the protagonist Sam does at the beginning to his elders and throughout the book he just complains. I wouldn't read this book to my class.
Alexis Munk
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked the animal illustrations but not the people. I didn't like the look of their noses. I think this book is a great example of how children think. When they are younger they think seeing their parents be affectionate it's gross or nasty. But as they grow up they realize that they will experience it too.
Ashley
Jul 24, 2011 added it
I Loved this book, YUCK!! It was cute and the pictures were so interesting!! And even the ending was..yuck...held love..yuck!!!Look for the Robot! A most read for little boys who don't like hugs or kisses!!
TJ
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While shopping for gifts for some children I came across this book. It looked cute but I read it to ensure it had a good story. Funny story of a boy who thinks love is yucky and he goes in search to find a land where there is no yucky love. He soon finds out that love is a good thing.
Nanee Zogaa
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feelings
A cute, funny story about love and how we all need love!
Judith
Jul 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is one of those cutesy books that probably didn't make it big, but is cute for adults to read and smile while you're waiting in line at the B&N.
Katie Lee
This is an adorable story about a little boy who is tired of seeing everyone loving each other. He thinks that hugs and hand holding are yucky! Eventually, he finds a crush and holds her hand.
Jodie
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was looking for a good Valentine's Day story to share with my nephew and I thought this one was just cute. The illustrations are pretty, the story was fun. I really liked it.
Rodrigo
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
cute book for kids, specially those little ones who don't like holding hands/hugs/kisses =p
Karin
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I got this from my best friend as a wedding present. Since hubby and I often say gag, barf, puke, vomit, etc after being sappy with each other this was pretty appropriate :-)
Cameron
This is a sweet book aout a boy who is sick of love but ends up falling in love himself. This is a good book for little kids.
Angela