Start by marking “Louise the Big Cheese: Divine Diva” as Want to Read:
Louise the Big Cheese: Divine Diva

Louise the Big Cheese: Divine Diva (Louise the Big Cheese)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews

Let's face it. Every girl has a little big cheese in her.

Louise Cheese is no different. Night and day, Louise dreams of the limelight, lots of fuss, the red carpet, and more than anything to be the one and only "Big Cheese."

Finally, Louise gets her chance when her teacher, Mrs. Little, announces a casting call for the role of Cinderella in the school play. It's Loui

Published September 8th 2009 by Simon Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books

To ask other readers questions about Louise the Big Cheese, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Louise the Big Cheese

Betsy
Aug 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Dunno about the endpapers, but the text and illustrations are right as rain.
Molly
Louise craves the limelight. So much so, that she's even willing to sacrifice her best friend to get the lead role in the school play. In the end, though, she realizes that being the 'Big Cheese' isn't as important as being a good friend.

Alas, according to the quiz on the last pages, I am only a Medium Cheese.

Diane Goode is one of my favorite illustrators.
Po
I don't think that a book implying that kids need makeup to look pretty is something I want my daughter reading.
Liz Todd
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet story! It is quite long, but beautiful--lots to think about. Loved, also, the little quiz at the end!
Whole And
Not the most thrilling story but useful if a child is trying out for a school play and/or has an issue with a friend getting the part.
Sarah W
Mar 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebookparty
The cover of this book is very pink and very sparkly. The dog is very cute. My very initial reaction to the cover is that this would be a good book to foist on fans of Fancy Nancy.

Drawings about big cheeses and little cheeses in history on the end papers are pretty funny though. For example, "I was Cleopatra's second cousin and I could train camels."

Louise likes to dream big, but the part that makes me laugh is her dog dreaming of a giant bone. There are tryouts for the school play of Cindererl
Carol
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Louise knows she is going to be on Broadway someday. Or maybe she will walk down the red carpet to receive her Bosco, or is it Oscar? At any rate, she loves the limelight and is determined to make it big some day. For now she will settle for being Cinderella in her class play. Things get complicated when the audition doesn't go quite how she planned.
Young girls will grab this book just because of the pink and sparkly cover. The illustrations are adorable without overtaking the story. Happily, th
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
A fairly interesting story about one girl's wild imagination and big aspiration of being a star. She learns some truths about friendship and expectations. Eventually she realizes that maybe she should be happy with where she is right now. I liked the colorful illustrations - they were awfully pink - but other people would probably enjoy the multitude of pink. It was an amusing story, but not something I'd want to read again. I can see young girls who adore pink and musical-themed books really en ...more
Nielson
Nov 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Louise Cheese has always dreamed of being a big star! Her chance finally comes when her teacher announces that the class will be performing the play "Cinderella" for the school. Confident that she will win the lead role of Cinderella, Louise is crushed when she instead wins the role of "mouse". Louise learns to come to terms with the fact that even if she isn't the big star, small parts are important too. The illustrations and bubble text in this book make it an exciting and fun read for every s ...more
Sarah Huff
I was not a huge fan of this book. The illustrations and words were all over the place and it was kind of confusing to read and follow. The pages almost seemed cluttered. There were word bubbles but also regular text boxes so the reader had to go from one to another while still trying to keep track of the plot and pictures. The pictures were very complex and seemed almost too much. But I do have to admit, the lesson taught in this book is a good one for kids to learn. Just because one doesn't g ...more
Alice
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
I am not into pink or girly girl things so this book isn't for me but little girls will love it because it is pink. Louise wants to be a star but when she doesn't get the part of Cinderella in the school play and her best friends Fern does, she decides she can't talked to her anymore. Then on opening night Fern freezes and Louise feeds her the lines and all is well... It is a good book about being a team player and that sometimes you don't get what you want.
Kelley Bennett
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book combines with illustrations and text bubbles to make it like a comic book as well as a chapter book. It is definitely a girl book, with pink throughout the entire book. But girls would like the friendship story and relate to the characters. It is a series so they could continue reading about Louise in other books. This is probably good for 1 -3 grades.
Yaritza
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very glitzy book that is perfect for young children. They learn that friends stick together forever no matter what circumstances they go through. Louise realized that no getting the part for Cinderella still gave her a chance to shine. Cute illustrations and story.
babyhippoface
Dec 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Diane Goode's illustrations were my favorite part of this picture book. The story is fine, but not stellar or terribly original. If you've got a little diva in your house, though, you might want to bring this one home to read together!
Dolly
Sep 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun tale about classroom rivalry, jealousy, friendship and big dreams. Our girls really enjoyed the other Louise the Big Cheese story we read, so this was an easy pick at our local library. We hope to see more books in this series.
lola Franco
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A really sweet book with a good message... Good friends are more important than good parts.
Marcie
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: preschool
I wanted to like this as much as Auntie Claus, but didn't. I can see the illustrations appealing to the pink and princess set.
The Library Lady
Dec 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
Adequate, but no more. And I expected more from a pair this talented.
Tracey
Will be using this one with my Diva Book Club.
Sheri
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Long picture book and all about Louise and her need to be the star and special in her class. Newer book series by Elise Primavera and Simon and Shuster Publishing.
Shannon
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I know a few students who could benefit from reading this book. Pass this along to the Pinkalicious crew, because it's much better.
Heather
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library
45 months - There are many similar stories out there about loosing out on the big part and coming to terms with a smaller part.
Beth
Sep 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
Cute but not at all original.
Siomara
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This little girl wants to be a superstar and auditions for her school's play.
Sherri
Feb 24, 2015
Lindsay
Aug 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Louise the Big Cheese (4 books)
  • Louise the Big Cheese and the La-di-da Shoes