Start by marking “Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour” as Want to Read:

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  1,139 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
The Doctor Is In . . . Again!

Did the mega-bestselling Why Do Men Have Nipples? exhaust your curiosity about stuff odd, icky, kinky, noxious, libidinous, or just plain embarrassing? No, you say? Well, good, because the doctor and his able-bodied buddy are in! Again! Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg, M.D., now take on the differences between the sexes—those burning questions l
Published August 1st 2006 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour

Julie (jjmachshev)
Sep 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody
Shelves: 2006-reads
"Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?: More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour" is the second book by Mark Leyner and Dr Billy Goldberg. It's just as funny as the first one and the cover question is certainly one that we've probably all wondered about even if we never actually put it into words. There is, naturally, a medical answer to this question, but I won't give it away. Suffice to say that it's not ALL their fault! Here's a few more, er...interesting questions: "W ...more
Scott
May 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Meh. It was a fun idea but poorly executed. It wasn't funny even though they tried really hard. They also breezed through the interesting science way too fast. Fail.
Al Young
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the true punk spirit of "contempt for the audience". I asked for people's book recommendations, and ignored them all.

There was a book on the Bestseller list recently called "Why Do Men Have Nipples?"

I saw this and wanted to check it out, of course. Books like this (to me) are instant bestsellers. Any kind of quirky information sells, it's why snopes.com and The Straight Dope websites are so popular and I think why John Stossel's last book sold so many copies.

Stossel, the poor man's Geraldo a
Ryan
Jan 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everybody. It's a fun, easy read.
Answer: Orgasms cause certain hormones to be released that, coupled with post-coitol exhaustion, generate drowsiness. Why men and not women? No, not just because they are more exhausted! But, also because it appears that some guys sometimes have sex with girls without causing them to cum, therefore not causing the drowsiness. Poor girls, victims of their own poor taste.

Anyway, the book was actually pretty well full of interesting tidbits. Some bits were a little mundane, and then there's the sec
Kate
Aug 07, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Humor Lovers, Dudes
How I Heard About It: I've randomly seen its predecessor, "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" and was slightly interested. It wasn't until I receieved this book as a gift that I really got into it.
How I Procured It: My friend Richard gave it to me for my birthday, and promptly embarrassed me in front of all my dinner guests.
Type: Humor/Facty sort of book/Medical Reference?
Ratings: Story/Content: 4/5 Writing: 3/5
Who would I recommend it to? Anyone who's ever asked those weird health questions, like "Will
Juliana
Jan 10, 2008 rated it liked it
"Why Do Men Have Nipples?" was fantastic. Interesting questions and a clever "instant messing" conversation format. Very cleverly done, combining intelligent answers to questions we've all wondered, with witty dialogue between the writers. "Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?" is not quite as enjoyable as it's predecessor. The questions and answers are all very interesting, but the format that was so fresh in the first book, began to wear thin by the second. The short stories that began each chapt ...more
Inge (Inge1990)
It is a fun book with useless facts based on questions they got from readers. The facts are actually quite well described and scientifically true. The most bizarre questions are answered in the book and the answers are fun to read. However, they also put in some personal communication between the two authors... I think this is really unnecessary and actually I found it quite annoying... I still need to read the other book (why do men have nipples) I hope it will be as much fun as this book. I wi ...more
carissa
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full of smart and funny answers to an onslaught of new questions, all in a do-ask-we’ll-tell spirit that entertain and teaches you something at the same time, Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? offers the real lowdown on everything everyone wants to know about all things anatomical, medical, sexual, nutritional, animal, and mineral, but would only ask a physician after a few too many, like:

• Why do you have a “bionic” sense of smell when you’re pregnant?

• Does peeing in the shower cure athlete’s
Lindsay
Apr 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Because they have to do all the work. :o) More of less that's why. I actually liked this book better than the first. It had more variety of questions in it. And I skipped all the boring author conversations so that helped speed things along. While reading I was thinking of how I could make this a fun, witty entry, and now that I'm on here and half asleep again, because I broke my rule about reading these books in the a.m. hours, I can't think of anything fun to stick in here. Oh well. Maybe next ...more
Vanessa
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
In the internet age there really isn't much of a reason for this book to exist because you can easily get online & search for the answers for embarrassing questions you don't want to actually ask out loud. I do it all the time :-) However, for sporadic (ok, bathroom reading in all honesty) reading it's kind of neat to have all sorts of wonky questions altogether like this. I didn't bother too much with the IM sections, they seemed pointless, made-up and dumb however I did like the introducti ...more
Lauren Doll
Dec 21, 2010 rated it liked it
This is what I call a prime example of a "Bathroom Read". Gross as it sounds, this book's purpose to ask all those random questions people have like:

Is it true that you cannot die in a dream?
Can you get herpes from a hot tub?
Why do your ears pop on an airplane?

The answers are funny, informative and interesting. This sequel to "Why do Men have Nipples?" continues to provide us with more answers to life's most pressing questions. In the end it's the perfect book to pick up whenever you have a mom
South Regional Durham County Libraries

Is it true that you cannot die in a dream?
Can you get herpes from a hot tub?
Why do your ears pop on an airplane?

Marsha
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Two guys got together and compiled all those embarrassing questions people ask doctors when they’ve had a few (the questioners not the doctors). The queries are thought provoking and the answers go into all the excruciating detail you could ever wish. At some points you might think, “Whoa! Too much information!” but for anyone who wants to know why this happens or why something is that color or where that smell comes from, this is an amusing, insightful book and a wonderful conversation piece at ...more
Lisa
Sep 21, 2008 rated it liked it
The sequel to "Why Do Men Have Nipples" was very fun and educational, but it didn't leave quite the impact that the first one did. Some questions include: Why don't women have adam's apples? Does milk really cause increased mucus? Are dog's mouths actually clean? When you pull out a gray hair do 2 gray hairs come back in its place? Why does it feel so hot outside when it is 90 degrees if our body temperature is 98.6?
Charlotte
Aug 14, 2008 rated it did not like it
This is the sequel to "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" which I also read and reviewed. It is, incredibly, much worse than the original (which was pretty bad, but I gave it two stars because it was occasionally interesting). This one is neither interesting nor funny nor remotely worthwhile. It is childish and gratuitously profane and feels even more phoned-in than the first one. Very disappointing--I'm glad I didn't buy it, but I wish I hadn't wasted two or three hours reading it.
Lena
Jan 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-recommend
This is apparently a second book by the same authors. When I skimmed over their crazy dialogue via Instant Messenger, the questions they addressed were actually really interesting. Silly certainly, but interesting nonetheless; they even answer the title of the book! A fun, quick read for those that always wanted to know why women have to urinate more frequently than men or why does milk come out of my nose when I laugh too hard?
Merrie Harris
May 05, 2008 rated it liked it
I am still reading this book, but find the random and sometimes useless information interesting and entertaining. I was pleased to have the age old question of why men don't listen answered . . .

Having finished the book, it was entertaining and interesting. I am a useless knowledge junkie though so it probably appealed to that portion of my personality. I was a little annoyed that some of the question remained unanswered, but all in all it was a good read.
Janet Windeguth
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, trivia
The very things I enjoyed most about the authors’ first book were the same things that completely annoyed me this time. I found myself skimming over the “clever” IM conversations between the authors, as well as the painfully unfunny introductions of each chapter. What remained, happily, were the same easy-to-understand answers to life’s most burning questions. I now know the exact measurements of a blue whale’s…um…boy parts. My life is now complete.
Erin
Jun 27, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: interpersonal
This is a sequel to "Why do men have nipples", which I haven't read, and it was ok. Lots of silly, nonsensical banter between the two male authors between the questions that I skipped after the first few chapters, and I think they thought they were a lot more amusing than i found them to be. Some interesting questions, but mostly I just skimmed through it. Then again, I don't know that I'm a big trivia fan, so maybe the format just turned me off. Easy, quick read.
Tony
Jul 08, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book is funny, at least the answers to the questions are. I could have done without the pages of made up dialogue between the two authors. Basically, this is a continuation of their first book, "Why do men have nipples?" in the same format and answering funny/silly/ridiculous medical questions in the same funny/silly/ridiculous manner.
Kimmie
May 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
One of my best friends is a nurse and we talk about digusting things together so for Christmas she gave me this and Why do Men have Nipples? Both of which i love. They answer questions you always wanted to know about the human body, bodily functions etc. It is one of those that will leave you with many fun facts.
Allen
Jan 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read a lot of interesting fact books and this book and their prequel "why do men have nipples" are by far the best 2 I've read. They go through all the typical crazy questions and myths out there and in this the 2nd book take the time to go through all the questions readers of the first book followed up with.
Tiffany
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
First off, this is not a book I would normally read. The hubby picked it out and so I thought why not? I struggled to get thru this book. There were a few parts that I thought were funny but I felt like it read like a health book written by 2 high school/college frat boys. I almost gave up on it. I give it 2 points because there was a slight few parts that I laughed at.
Cat
Aug 06, 2007 rated it did not like it
Shelves: science, non-fiction, msi
We picked up this book for work looking for fun answers to questions people ask about their bodies (it's the sequel to "Why do Men Have Nipples?") and were sorely disappointed. The authors put in a lot of extra junk banter and often give incomplete or worse, scientifically incorrect answers. Don't bother.
Ronnie Fox
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Chat log intermissions from the making of the book are hilarious, however the content is an "interesting fact" catalogue with very few questions that were things I didn't already know. Not to be haughty, but my education may have gotten in the way of truly enjoying the otherwise truly interesting facts. The presentation was extremely well written.
May 21, 2009 rated it liked it
I didn't love this one as much as the original, perhaps because this was a bit longer and slightly more tedious. I definitely didn't enjoy the longer introductions to each chapter, though I liked the greater variety of chapters. Once again, there were some things in here I already knew and others I learned. Still an enjoyable read and good for some useless knowledge and a laugh.
Patrick
Jan 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008
I wasn't into this as much as the first book, "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" probably because I got burnt out on trivial health/human biology questions; I read these books not because of the topic, but because I like humorist Mark Leyner's writing. I would still recommend either of the books, just not both to any one person.
Jamie
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
The questions and answers were kind of interesting. However, the commentary from the authors was terrble. Not sure if it was supposed to be funny, but I ended up skipping over most of it from boredom.
Sara
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carino, ma non a livello del primo. Trovo che gli autori si siano lasciati prendere troppo la mano. alcune scenette "comiche" di introduzione sono chiaramente forzate e non le ho trovare divertenti e/o sensate. A parte questo è un altro libretto simpatico e poco impegnativo.
Jorge
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this one with the assumption that it would be better than the first book, and I was right. The problem lies with its disappearance. Apparently such a good book someone has run off with it forcing me to buy another copy. Oh well I'll gladly pay for this one again
  • 5 People Who Died During Sex: and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists
  • The Rejection Collection Vol. 2: The Cream of the Crap
  • Mental Floss presents In the Beginning: From Big Hair to the Big Bang, mental_floss presents a Mouthwatering Guide to the Origins of Everything
  • The Darwin Awards II: Unnatural Selection (Darwin Awards, #2)
  • Lifescripts
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work
  • A Very Stylish Affair
  • The Left-Hander Syndrome: The Causes and Consequences of Left-Handedness
  • Lucy's Child: The Discovery of a Human Ancestor
  • They Have a Word for It: A Lighthearted Lexicon of Untranslatable Words & Phrases
  • The Body Image Workbook: An Eight-Step Program for Learning to Like Your Looks
Mark Leyner is an American postmodernist author.

Leyner employs an intense and unconventional style in his works of fiction. His stories are generally humorous and absurd: In The Tetherballs of Bougainville, Mark's father survives a lethal injection at the hands of the New Jersey penal system, and so is freed but must live the remainder of his life in fear of being executed, at New Jersey's discret
More about Mark Leyner...

“So where does the name Adam's apple come from? Most people say that it is from the notion that this bump was caused by the forbidden fruit getting stuck in the throat of Adam in the Garden of Eden. There is a problem with this theory because some Hebrew scholars believe that the forbidden fruit was the pomegranate. The Koran claims that the forbidden fruit was a banana. So take your pick---Adam's apple, Adam's pomegranate, Adam's banana. Eve clearly chewed before swallowing.” 4 likes