Start by marking “Maid-sama! Vol. 04 (Maid-sama! #4)” as Want to Read:
Maid-sama! Vol. 04 (Maid-sama! #4)

Maid-sama! Vol. 04

(Maid Sama! #4)

Summertime in Café Maid Latte! The Maids have been invited to a Beach House to really relax. Of course, Usui-kun is also part of the party and provides for Misaki for high-boiling emotions!
Internet star Aoi-chan, who always disguises himself as a sweet girl, is also on site and unfortunately has to fight in the paradisiacal scenery with quite different problems.
Published April 13th 2010 by TokyoPop (first published December 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Maid-sama! Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maid-sama! Vol. 04

Pinky
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Don't ever lie, even if it's about your feelings.

This is about a girl named Misaki Ayuzawa who is the school president of Seika High. Her family is going through a rough time financially, which leads her to working as a maid in a cafe. This is kept a secret until Usui, one of the most popular boys in school, discover this secret. Ever since then, he would not stop following her and talking to her. They go through crazy things and slowly open up to each other. Read this fun, hilarious manga and you wi
Amber Hetchler (アンバーちゃん)
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Usui the perverted alien. :D
At least Misaki is staring to realize her feelings :)
KristynRene The Hype Queen of Books
3/5 Stars

There he goes. A cloud of gloom.

I liked it. It dragged 100%, but it wasn’t terrible. I’m ready for some character development. Not character dragging-out-to-extend-the-number-of-volumes-in-the-series. I don’t want to become disinterested in the series so I’m going to take a break. I need a breather. Manga is for my slumps! I’m not in a slump. Back on the shelf you go, Maid-Sama. Think about what you did!

I hated the extra unnecessary 100 pages. Those were BS noncannonical stories. No th/>There
Baileys Book Babble
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Not sure I liked this one as much as the first but I am enjoying the story.
Noseinabook
Another lovely installment in this series, but nothing particularly stood out. Just hints of things to come. I wait...impatiently, but nonetheless I wait...
Hisgirl85
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Cute and fun
Obsessive reader
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, manga
3.5 (actual rating)
Oh I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see Misaki slowly start to return Usui's feelings in the future volumes. What a good read!
Natalie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5

Adorable volume (just like all of them really), but I did find that this one didn't have too much substance to it, which bothered me a bit. Still, I loved getting to see Aoi again and thought the beach plot was cute c:

The two short stories at the end of the volume (the demon island/maid cafe combo and the story on the three idiots) were pretty entertaining too c:

Chapter notes below for reference: (spoiler heavy)
(view spoiler) ...more
Shelves: 2019
So trashy. Love.
Maud
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
The volume felt kind of all over the place. Possibly because of the translation? I like how Usui and Ayuzawa are growing closer, but the mangaka has te be careful with boundaries.
Kurtis Burkhardt
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Pretty sweet manga👌😁💕💕 Highly recommend if you like slice of life/ Shoujo^.^
Leah
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
This series just makes me so happy! 😊
Beth
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
DonutKnow
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Usui is cute. ;)
Achillia Herondale
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uh firework-san always appearing in the worst timing ... but yay we got the beach episode and of course Kanou ♥
Vanessa Kay
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo, 2019-reads
Misaki and Usui is definitely in my top list of power couple.

Usui is so perfect to be true but dang! It's really hard not to love this guy. Like seriously!!! And I can't think of any other girl who's perfect for him than Misaki. My! This pair is just too adorable to watch and read.

I just love everything about this manga. It was pretty funny too. And that ending!!!! Just WOW 😍😘
Joti
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
mahima
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This was the first anime I watched years ago. I'm finally reading the manga.
Starry
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Zara
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime and really very painfully slow-burning romances
4,5 stars

Volume 4 of Maid-sama! contains two of my favourite parts from the anime, the Kanou part and the Beach vacation part. So it's no surprise that I enjoyed reading it.

My favourite part of Volume 4 is the romance and relationship development between Misaki and Usui. Misaki is starting to realise that she has feelings for Usui, whose love for her is painfully obvious. In this volume, there's more adorable romantic moments between Usui and Misaki. I love the slow-burning and continually developing relationship between them and witnessing its progression in
Jessica
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Last installment we left with Kanon trying to hypnotizing Usui. At the beginning of the fourth volume Kanon fails at hypnotizing Usui into hating Misaki. With his plans of getting rid of the female body in Seika High, he tries plan-b and hypnotized Misaki. When she wakes up at 7 o'clock in the morning she will hate Usui, but with Usui's help she's able to stay awake and avoid being hypnotized.

With a girl hating hypnotist on a rampage in the school, Misaki trying to increase enrollmen
Dezel Marie Ocampo
So this continues when Misaki is hypnotized and is supposed to hate Usui. Well, hate him more than usual. Tsk. But it never happens because she doesn't fall asleep and fights it hard. Then the school visitation continues where Kanou, the one who hypnotized Misaki, is forced to help out as punishment from Misaki. Here, he learns that not all girls are fragile which is the reason why he hates them.

Then there's the seaside beach house where Misaki and the staff of the cafe visit Nagisa, Satsuki's
Reader17 Der
May 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-read
I like this series, it makes me laugh. In this volume of Maid Sama Kanou is trying to brain wash Misaki into hating Usui. If she falls asleep she may wake up hating him. Will Usui be able to keep her awake so she doesn't end up hating him or will she end up falling asleep.

Another chapter has the school hosting an open house trying to get more students to come to the school. In this wacky chapter you have Usui being told he has to help in all of the sports so the teams look good, and Kanou ends
Joss
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
March 2014: 4.5 Stars (Shown as 4)
And so concluded the Hypnotism arc. I love Soutarou Kanou's character development, although I'm still not sure I understand his reason for being uncomfortable around women. He's sweet once you get to know him <3
OMG the BEACH ARC!! 1) yay! Aoi returns! 2) WAAAAH THAT PART ON PAGE 90!! *nosebleed* Geez that took me by surprise the first time around (in the anime). Usui, you sly, sly dog... HNNNG he's so sweet to Misaki <3333 kind of creepily poss
Miss Ryoko
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, library-book
Once again, I just love how bad ass Misaki is!! She is seriously so fabulous I can't get over her greatness.

So... Soutarou Kanou is a stud! Haha! I like that nerdy, dark, mysterious guy look. I hope he'll be making appearances in the remaining volumes because I do enjoy him a lot.

I'm also very happy the manga-ka jokes about the fact that Usui is perfect at everything and also shows up at every convenient moment. At least she's admitting she's making him ridiculous XD Lol!
Penny
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-read, manga
This manga was interesting enough for me to read, but it didn't really draw me in. Sure it was funny and normal with everyday problems and yes i did download the anime, but i felt like something was missing, maybe it was just me that I'm used to reading other types of manga.

Misaki is a young girl who is called the demon president at school for being so strict especially with boys. But little do they know after school she goes to her part-time job as a maid at a maid cafe. Pretty soon
Priyam
Nov 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Just started reading this...me like the heroine the most. it makes this series different than others. She reminds me of SA's Hanazono Hikari. Both are tomboyish, strong, top grades except Misaki (the "Kaichou") has this stubborness and scariness. All the guys are afraid of her, it's really hilarious! Well no duh, Misaki has this "I hate boys" attitude, she cuts them NO slack whatsoever! Heehee. Yeah, I like books with strong heroines. With the exception of Koko n
Debby
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This volume is one barrage of feels. A definite favorite.

*sobs over the perfection*
Lauren
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I absolutely love this manga! The drawings and characters and everything are just sprinting off of the pages in excitement. There was a lot of comedy coupled with the romance aspects in the series so it didn’t make it overly girly or childish. I love how it shows a stronger sides to women’s attitudes that they aren’t going to take crap from no one and they can prove it to you (largely by kicking everyone’s a**). Misaki and Takumi’s relationship is absolutely hilarious and amazing!

I d
« previous 1 3 next »

• Special A, Vol. 4 (Special A, #4)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 21
  • 電撃デイジー5
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 3] (Faster than a Kiss #3)
Hiro Fujiwara (藤原 ヒロ in Japanese) is a Japanese manga artist.

The manga artist was once active under her previous pen name, Izumi Hiro (和泉 ヒロ) at the end of the 1990's but has abandoned the name after she won the Best Rookie award in the LMS for Kaeri Michi, Yuki no Netsu.

Her first series, which is also her latest ongoing work, Kaichō wa Maid-sama! (会長はメイド様!, translation Mai

Maid Sama! (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 01 (Maid-sama!, #1)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 03 (Maid-sama! #3)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 05 (Maid-sama! #5)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 06 (Maid-sama!, #6)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 07 (Maid Sama! #7)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 08 (Maid Sama! #8)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 09 (Maid Sama!, #9)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 10 (Maid Sama!, #10)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 11 (Maid Sama!, #11)