Start by marking “Inferno” as Want to Read:
Inferno

Karen Harper

Inferno

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  340 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Bush pilot Lauren Taylor knows better than most the devastation fire can leave in its wake: two years ago she lost her husband to a raging wildfire. But when she flies a stranger into her isolated hometown of Vermillion, Montana, her actions may be the spark that starts an inferno. Because the mysterious passenger bears an undeniable resemblance to a serial arsonist wanted ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Inferno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inferno

Jeanie Harper
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a real thriller!! A real page turner.

The good guys came through though!!

Highly recommend.
Louise
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel hooked me right from the beginning and the suspense kept building and building and building making it impossible to put down!

Lauren Taylor and her young son, Nicky, live alone in the small town of Vermillion, Montana where Lauren makes her living flying a small Cessna, ferrying people in and out of town to the larger settlement of Kalispell. Lauren’s husband and his partner were killed two years ago fighting a fire which Lauren always believed was suspicious as her husband was a well-
Anne
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really great example of a PG-13 contemporary romantic suspense. The bad guy is truly deranged. And yet, from what I have read about firestarters, he certainly fits the profile. The profile is also discussed within the book as FBI agents join the heroine in tracking down the "boy next door" arsonist.

The BND arsonist has been bedeviling the FBI for some years. He also has a connection to the heroine. The final Big Fire in a Dry, Remote, Highly Forested Area and the pursuit of the BND give the re
Jill Manske
Apr 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Choosing this book to read from the library shelves was impulsive and regrettable. When will I learn to research writers and books rather than just picking randomly? I could only stomach about 150 pages of this book. It's just a ridiculous premise, another of those "handsome hero saves lonely and lovely young woman". Had I known it was a romance/suspense novel, it would have stayed safely on the shelf. An FBI agent falling for a witness within a matter of hours? Come on. I'd like to think that m ...more
Cathy Smith
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I enjoyed every minute of reading this book. I really liked the characters, especially Red and Mari. Lauren is a brave heroine, and Brad is right for her. I like airplanes, so this was very entertaining for me. Wish there had been a few more details on how Evan met his end, but overall, it was a very good book. I will recommend this book, and author!
Kristine Buchholtz
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
If you're in the wildland fire fighting business, many of the concepts within the novel will be close to home, and you'll be able to identify with the references made therein. As an avid outdoorsperson, I enjoyed the vivid scenery descriptions, but admittedly, the plot was a bit predictable. One of the minor characters was named after the town I call home, which added some personal irony.
Karen
May 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit I had my doubts about it at first. I thought it might be a snore fest, but I was pleasantly surprised when things started to heat up. The fire situation brought out the best and the worst in the characters. I wanted to see the arsonist fry in his own pan, Several romances were kindled or rekindled and justice was done. That's all I am saying as I don't want to spoil it.
Marti
Aug 09, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
there was a lot of action in this book, and surprisingly, the female maiin character was a bush pilot in montana. the villain was quite wily, and there was a love interest for lauren, as well as a deceased huband and young son to complicate things.

the other characters were interesting as well, and the book gave insight into wilderness flying and fighting forest fires.
Wendy
Dec 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1/2 star.. this book was a real disappointment. Too long. Too much discription of nothing. But my curse is that if I start a book I have to finish it, so I did. But it will never be read again. In this house.
Jodi
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty decent story. Ive had this on my shelf for a while and needed a good, quick, non-complicated read (as the book I finished prior to this was pretty deep). The plot was entirely predictable, but I still somewhat liked it. Would be a good quickie beach read.
  • Kiss of Death
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Midnight Rain
  • Rapid Descent
  • Watching Amanda
  • Sight Unseen
  • No Escape
  • The Assassin (Selena McCaffrey, #1)
  • Bloodlines
  • Last Seen Alive
  • The Devil's Pitchfork (Derek Stillwater, #1)
  • In Plain Sight (The Ivory Nation)
  • A Cold Dark Place (Emily Kenyon, #1)
  • What She Doesn't Know
  • What Burns Within
  • The Butterfly Effect
  • Missing
  • Magnificent Folly (Sedikhan, #16)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Karen Harper is a former college English instructor (The Ohio State University) and high school literature and writing teacher. A lifelong Ohioan, Karen and her husband Don divide their time between the midwest and the southeast, both locations she has used in her books. Besides her American settings, Karen loves the British Isles, where her Scott ...more
More about Karen Harper...