Start by marking “Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories #I)” as Want to Read:
Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories #I)

Men of the Otherworld

(Otherworld Stories #1)

As a curious six-year-old, Clayton didn’t resist the bite—he asked for it. But surviving as a lone child-werewolf was more than he could manage—until Jeremy came along and taught him how to straddle the human-werewolf worlds, gave him a home…and introduced him to the Pack. So begins this volume, featuring three of the members of the American Pack—a hierarchical founding fa ...more
Published February 23rd 2010 by Bantam (first published January 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Men of the Otherworld, please sign up.
Sheherazahde I think this is mostly a prequel to the Women of the Otherworld series. Only the very last chapter takes place at the end of the series and it is just…moreI think this is mostly a prequel to the Women of the Otherworld series. Only the very last chapter takes place at the end of the series and it is just about Jeremy's mother.
I think it is perfectly understandable without having read the series. And, except for the last chapter about Jeremy, doesn't give anything away about the series. (less)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Infusion - Meet Malcolm. He's an A-S-S. This one is about Jeremy's mysterious heritage.

Savage - Boy version of Clayton is only slightly less entertaining than Adult Clay. Whether he's screaming during car rides, causing Jeremy to swerve into other lanes of traffic, or taking Antonio's dares to jump out of a tree or down an elevator shaft, Clayton is hilarious.

Seeing him as a child also helped me understand better what it meant that he was closer to a wolf instinct-wise than a human.

Beyond that,
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
“He obviously needed more practice, but no matter how often I abandoned him out there, his sense of direction never seemed to improve.”

Kelley Armstrong has a large number of anthologies for her long-running Otherworld series. This opened the side stories, but instead of being about different men of the Otherworld like the title suggests, it is exclusively about the werewolf pack, and unlike other short story collections, the points of view do not alter much.

Malcolm leads the opener story to rev
Kat Kennedy
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Women of the Otherworld series
Okay, so I only read the first three stories surrounding Jeremy's birth and Clay's childhood. I started on the fourth which was Jeremy WITH A WOMAN! But since I never read past StolenI couldn't deal with a) the spoilers and b) the fact that Jeremy was getting it on... with anybody...ever.

As with most anything Armstrong writes, these stories were well written and intriguing with great characters and complicated relationships. The story provided greater insight into Clay and Jeremy's relationship
Tatiana
Aug 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: existing fans of the Otherworld series
This anthology is a treat for the fans of Clayton, Jeremy and the Pack. Although the title implies that the stories are about all kinds of Otherworld men, they are about werewolves exclusively.

What I like the most about this anthology is that it gives an insight into Jeremy Danvers' past. Although the majority of this collection is written in Clay's POV, this book is about Jeremy more than anyone else.

"Infusion" tells us how Jeremy was conceived and from whom he inherited his slanted eyes and a
Heather
Aug 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I absolutely adore Armstrong’s werewolf lore. Unlike Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld, the men of the Pack can carry a story all on their own. Not a drop of smut or estrogen in sight, still I was riveted.

Having fallen in love with the Pack in Bitten, I pretty much read any mention of them I can get my mitts on. I don’t know what it is, but Armstrong dazzles and delights with her wolfy men. They are clearly humanized while retaining the very essence of being a wolf. Their human form and wolf
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jan 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
I ended up staying up WAY too late just to finish "Men of the Otherworld" by Kelley Armstrong. It was worth every bleary-eyed, short-tempered moment I spent at work today! This is mostly Clayton's story. There is a bit about Jeremy, but the focus is on Clayton. For everyone who's ever wondered about Clayton's past...you must go RIGHT NOW, TODAY and pick up this book. Armstrong has done a fantastic job of making snarly, anti-social Clayton real; and the story of how he got the way he is will have ...more
Teri
I really liked this, it wasn't at all what I thought it would be and I'm not sure why anyone would mark this as romance, it's not. It is a well developed story, love getting Clay's perspective on all that is happening, in his youth and otherness, not always understanding what is happening or why, but completely loyal and...having a pretty easy black and white view of things. His relationship with Jeremy was amazing. I liked several other characters and some I would like to murder slowly
(view spo
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
That's great that this book goes into Clayton's backstory. I really fell for him hard when I read Bitten.
Pam Nelson
It has been no secret that I LOVE Clay so this book was a huge bonus for me.
To get to see how he was changed, how he survived, how Jeremy finds him. Then all the learning he had to do it was really freaking awesome and to be in his POV was so interesting to me.
I am so thankful I am doing these side stories they make the series that much more for me at least.
I really liked the narration for this book. I liked how you could tell who was the speaker.
Jen Davis
Men of the Otherworld is one of the two collections of short stories that Kelley Armstrong wrote as gifts to her fans. And they are, indeed, exciting for those of us who have followed the series and fallen in love with her characters. All but one of these stories are prequels, set before the main novels. But I wouldn't necessarily tell someone new to the series to read them first. The stories come first chronologically, but I think you'd have a better appreciation for them at least after Stolen. ...more
Jamie Collins
I liked the older stories of Clayton's childhood. They read like the early books in her Otherworld series, which I enjoyed much more than her newer books. In keeping with this trend, I didn't like the newest story very much.

This book includes:
Infusion - a short story, written from Malcom's point of view, telling how Jeremy was conceived. Begins in 1946.

Savage - a novella, beginning in 1967, written from Clay's point of view, that begins when he becomes a werewolf and covers his childhood.

Ascensi
Annette  Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader"
DNF . . . Didn't get through chapter one; I didn’t care for the plot.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
I loved this! So glad Kelley wrote stories from the guys' POV even if this particular book contained just the wolves' stories. It gave so much insight into Jeremy and Clay and I just loved it.

We got to see the circumstances of Jeremy's birth from the POV of his douchebag father, Malcolm and just why it is he never could accept Jeremy as his soon.

We got to see how Clay got bitten and how Jeremy found and raised him and how Jeremy became Alpha and how the Pack became so small from Clay's POV. I r
Angela H.
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
***** 4.5 Stars *****

The novellas dig deeper into Jeremy and Clayton.

** Jeremy's true identity and upbringing had strengthen him as a leader. Jeremy may not be strong, but he is strategic.

** Clayton did not have a happy upbringing; however, he meets Jeremy, who changes his life. He now has a home and a "normal" life as a human and pack werewolf. He has a temper, yet a cleverness that brings out the protective side of him that benefits the pack.

** The fourth novella I did find to be interestin
Julija
This is a treasure for every fan of the werewolf pack and must read for everyone who at least likes Clay.

First, there is a short story about Jeremy's birth hence about Malcolm as well. The man had remained a complete mystery until this book and to see bits of his mind was exciting as hell. He's a polar opposite of Jeremy and he has done some horrible things to his son, but he's not a villain and so far he has been only seen from the perspective of people who are not his biggest fans. This alone
Lorre
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Infusion 1946 - 4 stars
Malcolm is a werewolf who gets tricked to have sex with a supernatural women so she can conceive his child. From what I've read in the reviews about this story I will meet this child (Jeremy) later on in the series.

Savage 1967 - 5 stars
I didn't have to wait long to read more about Malcolm's son! As I suspected in "Infusion" Malcolm is an ass! Good thing Jeremy's grandfather took care of Jeremy!
Savage is the story of a 5 or 6 year old boy, Clayton, that gets bitten by a wer
Roxie
May 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I am a HUGE fan of Kelley Armstrong. She is the only authour I've come across so far who can make me totally love her werewolves. I'm not a werewolf fan, really, but hers are irresistable, and the reason THIS particular book is rated a wee bit higher than the others (despite the fact that it's actually two short stories and two novellas) is because the novellas in question feature one of my favourite characters of all literature: Clayton Danvers. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there are a million femal ...more
Cynthia
Sep 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is collection of short stories that Kelley Armstrong first published for free on her website.

The first one is about Jeremy's birth and it gave quite a few insights into why his relationship ith his father was never good!

The second and longest part (most of the book actually) is about clayton. From his transformation into a werewolf at a very young age to Jeremy's rise as alpha. It really helps understand Clayton better. Explains why he is so protective of his pack and more specifically of
Louisa
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
Such a great collection of short stories, from Malcolm and how Jeremy was conceived and born, to Clay, from when he first met Jeremy to being around 11, then his teen aged years, and then Jeremy's being part Japanese fox, and yeah, great collection of short stories to novellas!

*First read January 1st 2011*
I loved the beginning of this!!! Clay as a child, it was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY FUNNY!!!!!! There were parts that were sad, like his pain, and what he had to do to build his rep, but he did th
Jodi
Jan 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: armstrong-kelley
This is a collection of 4 short stories about the men of the Otherworld. More specifically, they are short stories about Jeremy and Clay. Two, Savage and Ascension, had been on Armstrong's website until she decided that the interest was strong enough to publish. Except for the last story which should provide fodder for a future novel, these are all back story. We learn about Jeremy's birth, Clay's arrival in the pack, Jeremy's ascension to Alpha and lastly, more about his mother's people. The re ...more
Steven Brandt
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains three related stories about Kelly Armstrong's characters. The first and third were three star, but the middle story (most of the book), was amazing. It chronicled the life of a werewolf as he grows from boy/animal to college student. What makes it interesting is the elaborate way Kelly works through the implications of his werewolf nature.
Seanan
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelley Armstrong's Men of the Otherworld is made up largely of stories previously offered for free on her website, and while I miss being able to point people at them as a free scoop of bad-ass, I'm so happy to have them in print form that I really don't care. I love this book like burning, fire, and pie.
Barbara ★
This is a book I would have loved to have read when Clay, Jeremy, Elena and Jaime were the focus of the series. Now after 13 books it's sort of meaningless but excellent nonetheless. I absolutely loved seeing Clayton's formative years and his growing into maturity and poor Jeremy, if I could kill that asshole Malcolm, I would.
Angela
Oct 25, 2015 marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
25 October 2015: $1.99 on Kindle
Siobhan
May 20, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Reading the short stories as I make my way through the series.

Ratings thus far:

Infusion: Three stars.
Savage: Four stars.
Ascension: Four stars.
Kitsunegari:
Anna 'Bookbuyer'
Nancy Meservier
Men of the Otherworld is a collection of two novellas and two short stories that give the spotlight to two important male characters in the Women of the Otherworld series. Three of these tales were originally posted online as a gift to Armstrong’s fans. After much pressure from readers, they have been released in a nice hardcover collection, with a portion of the proceeds going to charity. Although I never got a chance to read the novellas online (well it comes to reading off of screen I can’t g ...more
chucklesthescot
I read this anthology after I had completed the series instead of when it actually came out. I now feel that this was a mistake because when Malcolm returns to the Otherworld in a later book, I really didn't know him or his story other than the brief mentions in the novels about Jeremy's past. Reading this anthology helped me connect more with Clay, and it gives a great backstory to the Pack and it's rules concerning mutts and leadership.

INFUSION: (#0.02)
Malcolm Danvers is annoyed that his fathe
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
I can't believe it's taken me a full week to read this book! Darn work commitments getting in the way! I'm a big fan of Kelley Armstrong, especially her books in this series that deal with werewolves. Clay Danvers made my Top Ten Fictional Crushes list. So of course I was happy that there was more!

This novel is divided up into 4 stories that delve deeper into the lives of a few of my favorite werewolf characters. The book begins with Infusion. It's short, only about a chapter, and to the point.
Tez
Feb 16, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clayton Danvers: a good, but strange role model? 7 57 Dec 20, 2013 10:35PM

• A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)
  • Dates from Hell
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Prey (Shifters, #4)
  • Pure Blood (Nocturne City, #2)
  • Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9)
  • On the Prowl (Alpha & Omega, #0.5)

Otherworld Stories (5 books)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #2)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
“Kids who don't eavesdrop on adult conversations are doomed to a childhood of ignorance.” 416 likes
“At school, our classroom had a small rodent zoo consisting of two rabbits, three hamsters, a litter of baby gerbils and a guinea pig. At first, I’d thought the teacher was raising snack food, which impressed me, being the first sign of intelligence she’d shown. Soon, though, I’d figured out the animals’ true purpose and left them alone, though I would never understand the appeal of petting and coddling perfectly good food.” 107 likes