Start by marking “Journey to Self-Realization (Collected Talks and Essays, Vol 3)” as Want to Read:
Journey to Self-Realization (Collected Talks and Essays, Vol 3)

Journey to Self-Realization (Collected Talks and Essays, Vol 3)

Is there a discernible scientific path to life's highest fulfilment? Is it possible to speed up human evolution? These are just a few topics covered in this third volume of collected talks and essays.
Published September 1st 1997 by Self-Realization Fellowship Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Journey to Self-Realization, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey to Self-Realization

Start your review of Journey to Self-Realization (Collected Talks and Essays, Vol 3)
Janet Perez
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all of Yogananada's books...ever since 1999 and the 3 volumes absolutely changed my life!!! A must read.
Donna Quesada
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-5-star-50
This is part of an anthology of collected talks by the beloved Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda, which includes, The Divine Romance, Man's Eternal Quest and Journey to Self-Realization. They are beyond review. They are what I keep in my own nightstand and what I open during times of trouble. They are what I travel with and what I share with others when authentic spiritual guidance is sought.

These timeless teachings are practical, but wholly genuine. Dear Paramahansa Yogananda is forthright, but lovi
Ira
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
this book is amazing!!!! it simply talks to your soul, touches your heart and utilizes your mind. It is also a no-nonsesne spiritual guide. It is like the Nike motto... just do it!
Abby Fernandes
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Y
Praseena
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has stressed so much on the value of meditation. I’m glad I picked this book at a crucial juncture
Tanner Butterfield
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is really simple yet effective information that is esential to all seekers of eastern meditation, yoga and mysticism. But there are also western concepts as well. Yogananda recognized jesus and worshiped god as the emanation behind all souls. Pracitial tips like avoiding meat and drugs are key to mankinds developmens. Next to mohammad, yogananda was one of the greatest to ever live.
Michaela
Jan 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
I like many books on Eastern spiritual/wisdom traditions like Buddhism and Taoism, but not this one. I'd recently watched a documentary on Yogananda, and this is the first book of his I tried to read. Maybe it wasn't the right one to start with, because I didn't make it through the first chapter. Read like a mad libs of Judeo-Christian terminology.
Sujata Sahni
A simple and quick read which consolidates the best practices of the East and West on life's universal truths to achieve a life of abundant material riches through humble service.
Pallavi tomar
May 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Only Love: Living the Spiritual Life in a Changing World
  • Vedanta: Voice Of Freedom
  • Srimad Bhagvadgita (With Engliush translation and transliteration)
  • Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
  • Mother Dear
  • Jar of Hearts
  • I Am Watching You
  • Interpreter of Maladies
  • The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions
  • Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person
  • Hiking with Nietzsche: On Becoming Who You Are
  • Kriya Yoga by Swami Yogananda (1930)
  • The Lovely Bones
  • Agents of Dreamland (Tinfoil Dossier, #1)
Paramahansa Yogananda (Bengali: পরমহংস যোগানন্দ Pôromohôngsho Joganondo, Sanskrit: परमहंस योगानं‍द Paramahaṃsa Yogānaṃda), born Mukunda Lal Ghosh (Bengali: মুকুন্দ লাল ঘোষ Mukundo Lal Ghosh), was an Indian yogi and guru who introduced many westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi .

News & Interviews

“Many ask, "Shall we first acquire material success to fulfill our worldly obligations, and then seek God? Or should we have God first and then go after success?" By all means, God first. Never begin or end your day without communion with Him in deep meditation. We should remember that we could not perform any duties without the power borrowed from God. So it is to Him we owe our first allegiance. If you do your other duties but forget God, He doesn't like that at all. The ideal is to perform all duties with the sole desire to please God.” 5 likes