Start by marking “Mr. Stuffins” as Want to Read:
Mr. Stuffins

Mr. Stuffins

"My teddy bear's a secret agent!" When a scientist succeeds in creating Artifical Intelligence, he discovers to his horror that the government plans on making it a weapon. on the run, he hides the program inside a mechnical toy bear. When an unssuspecting family buys the toy bear their little boy discovers a new best friend-a cute, cuddly toy bear who's got all the moves o ...more
Published April 13th 2010 by BOOM! Studios (first published November 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Stuffins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Stuffins

Nikki
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Imagine the indestructibility of the Terminator crossed with the suave wit of James Bond. Add a dash of Bruce Willis in Die Hard and a sprinkle of Liam Neeson in Taken. What do you have? The greatest hero of all-time (or the last thirty minutes at least).

Also, he’s a teddy bear.

This book sounds stupid, but it’s hilarious. The drawings are slick and the pages are super glossy. You’ll read it in like 15 minutes then go have some cake.

The premise is ridiculous: A scientist creates an artificial in
Melissa Bennett
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun! Mr. Stuffins is awesome! The whole premise was just hilarious and had me chuckling the whole way. It was so over the top unbelievable with a teddy bear kicking butt that you couldn't help but laugh. There was a couple of times I rolled my eyes and once where the mom said she needed the dad take the son to school the next day. When that day comes along, it seems the writers forgot that part and Dad goes to drop son off but is informed it was a teacher's workday. Other t ...more
Heather
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, teen
OMG, I think this might be my favorite graphic novel ever, I LOVE Mr. Stuffins! Hysterical, heartwarming and adorable! My favorite line is "Never doubt that one bear can change the WORLD!"
Sarah Fairbairn
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god this comic was awesome. Loved it.
Have you ever seen the movie Small Soldiers? It came out in 1998. A young Kirsten Dunst was in it. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend you do. Anyway, I digress.
This story reminded me of Small Soldiers, but with a dash of Ted and the Terminator mixed in, then adapted for the graphic genre. You’re probably thinking WHAT! But trust me, it totally worked. I borrowed this from my local library and am now going to try and track down my own copy. I th
Adam Weiler
Dec 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
It was kindof stupid.
Jacob
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
11-8-13
Mr. Stuffins is a graphic novel set in a big city. Zachary is an innocent young boy who goes to the store with his dad and ends up getting an evil teddy bear. Mr. Stuffins is very cute teddy bear, but sometimes could be dangerous. Mr. Stuffins is not who you think he is. He’s an imposter. Zachary goes to sleep one night and Mr. Stuffins turns into a secret agent. The next day Zachary gets in trouble for bullying a kid, when it was really Mr. Stuffins. Mr. Stuffins continues to be a troubl
Xemilyx
Jun 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-the-kids
I love gun-toting teddy bears, and although the plot on this one wasn't nearly as satisfying as, say, a Toy Story movie or a Kate Dicamillo book, it was functional. I think what seems cliche to jaded adults like me is still exciting to kids.

The deal is that a variety of bad guys are after a top secret government program, so the scientist who created the program slips the only copy into a automated teddy bear. When the bear is brought home with a little boy and given some batteries, he thinks hi
Amanda
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Extreme violence...albeit cartoon (after all, this is a comic book, oh, excuse me, graphic novel). Extreme language and sensitive topics that are no longer considered sensitive by today's insensitive standards. I really wanted to like this--such a cool premise: a Teddy Ruxpin-like bear who comes to life due to a super cool spy computer disc--but the intensity of the evil & violence in response to the "bad guys" wanting to get their hands on the disc was too real in light of the recent traged ...more
Devin Bruce
Mr. Stuffins is a great little story about a teddy bear who gets his information disc switched with that of one of the world's greatest secret agents. It's a really fun and funny book, and I almost gave it four stars, but I dropped it down to three because as much as the writing is great and the action is fun, it's a popcorn comic. It's a really, really good popcorn comic, though, and I think I will keep it on my shelf and re-read it at least one more time. Because it is a LOT of fun.
Nick
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic_novels
Cute and fun idea. I didn't really roll with the impossibly unbelievable action scenes. I know they are part of the mixed genres represented here, but, a teady bear? Maybe the animation was too realistic... Stuffins had decent dialogue when he wasn't fighting, and I definitely felt the sense of naive adventure. So, yeah, not bad, not great.
Patricia
Jul 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was hilarious- a scientist learns that his A.I. project is going to be used for military robots, so he runs away & hides his device in a talking stuffed bear in a toy store. The boy who buys the bear gets more than a talking toy- he gets a secret agent disguised as a bear!
Molly
Mar 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I really fell in love with the idea of Mr. Stuffins, but unfortunately the book didn't live up to my expectations. I still chuckled a few times, but I thought there was going to be more funny stuff... Still worth a look!
Debye
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Unusual graphic novel for teens about a teddy bear who's part spy, part smart-ass. But he's determinded to save Zach from the NSA...you'll never look at teddy bears the same way again.
Hilarious!!
Emily
Apr 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-gn-manga, keep
I want a Mr. Stuffins of my very own.
Annie
Silly, fluff, with a little plot thrown in for good measure.
Kate
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
The plot was run-of-the mill, but Mr. Stuffins is one tough teddie! Fun stuff!
Tricia
Jan 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, ya
wasn't feeling it till the kid stole the scooter, then it was just hilarious, until the whole Cinco de Mayo thing started, and didn't stop! skimmed the rest it was so annoying.
Tor
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
The drawings are standard stuff, nothing to remember really. The story however, it's a stupid idea but it comes off great with just the right amount of humor and action.
Jimmy Brown
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this, a mix of Ted and James Bond. Kind of. At its heart, it is a story about family and I had fun with it, this Teddy kicks ass.
Artur Coelho
May 29, 2011 rated it liked it
ursinhos de peluche IAs avançadas conspiração de armamentos... kitsch e divertido.
Mel