Start by marking “All About Love (Cynster, #6)” as Want to Read:
All About Love (Cynster, #6)

All About Love

(Cynster #6)

Lucifer Cynster has sworn never to pledge his heart -- but fate has other plans...

The last unwed Cynster, Alasdair -- known as Lucifer -- has escaped to Devon one step ahead of London's matchmaking mamas. Yet, despite his dedication to avoiding the parson's mousetrap, the irresistible Phyllida Tallent -- a willful, independent beauty -- brings all his masterful Cynster ins
Kindle Edition, Reissue, 416 pages
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about All About Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All About Love

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
I read this for the "Headless" Woman square for Romance Bingo and my Series Headway selection.

This was pretty slow moving, its mostly a cozy mystery until 60% and out of nowhere we get something like this,

Then the story becomes a mystery with some pretty steamy sex scenes, quite the wake up call those scenes were, lol. Its well written but I found myself a bit bored, story just wasn't to my taste. The epilogue was sweet as we get reminiscing and looking to the future generation scenes from Honor
Sammy Loves Books
Of course Lucifer's love story would begin with a murder!!

description

Lucifer has fled London to head to the country. All of his male cousins have fallen in love and married. Lucifer refuses to tempt fate and flees the ton and all its lovely women. He enjoys having a different woman in his bed each night but is willing to practice abstinence if it will save him from the parson's noose.

Fate has big plans for Lucifer and he has fled ...straight into the arms of his future wife.

description
Susan (susayq ~)
I absolutely loved the epilogue to this! I'm guessing the author had only planned to write the first six books in this series cause of the the way the epilogue read. Thankfully, she wrote more ;) I am anxious to get to Chillingsworth's book :)

Lauren
All About Love
4 Stars

Lucifer Cynster, the last unmarried member of the Bar Cynster, believes he can escape his fate by leaving London. Little does he know that his destiny awaits in the small village of Colyton in the countryside of Devon where he literally stumbles over a body. Soon Lucifer finds himself embroiled in a murder investigation while wooing the willful and independent, Phyllida Talent, a woman even more averse to marriage than Lucifer.

One of the best in the series thus far.

Phyllid
Cruth
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency, historical
Author: Stephanie Laurens
First published: 2001
Length: 407 pages
Setting: Devon, 1820 (Regency).
Sex: Explicit. Reasonably frequent. Appropriate for the storyline.

The last of the Bar Cynster stories, the first sub-series of the ongoing Cynster family saga.

A cozy mystery (like A Rake's Vow) with explicit sex scenes.

Lucifer is an interesting, solid character but Phyllida deserves a Gibbs slap for being so arrogantly stoopid.

(view spoiler)
~Sofia~
This is the sixth and supposedly last book in the series. Don’t worry though, there are more, many more in fact. I am guessing this was supposed to be the last but Laurens must have loved this series too much to give up on it at the end of this instalment.
This novel follows the story of the sixth member of the Bar Cynster, Lucifer. We find him in the lush landscape of Devon, where he meets his soon to be wife, Phyllida. This novel is not just only a Historical Romance, but there is a murder mys
Kit★
Could've sworn I had this one, I specifically remember my friend in high school buying me a copy for Christmas 'round 2000-01 but a mad search through all of my many boxes of books in the basement turned up absolutely 0 copies of this book. Sad :( Must've sold it back in '03-'04 when I (stupidly) put a bunch of my books on half.com in an attempt to make some money. Never again! I've a sinking feeling some of my other books I'm thinking I own are missing due to the same cause too. Double sad. And ...more
Annette
Stephanie Laurens is a very talented author. This book is # 6 in the Cynster series.
And for me, some of this book seemed like an instant replay of some of the other Cynster books.

This is a darn good book on its own merit. And if a reader has not read any other books in the series, they will be able to easily follow what is happening.

“Lucifer” (Alasdair is his actual name )has just seen his brother marry and to him that wedding has made him realize that he has no interest in marriage. He has de
Oleta Blaylock
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember this story at all of course it has been 12 years since I last read it. I do love how fate just slaps these men up side the head with the woman that will be their love. I have loved all these guys and Alaisdair "Lucifer" is no different. They are all kind and considerate when they are around children and old ladies. They are honorable and loyal to a fault. They are also passionate, possessive, and overly protective. I did like that Lucifer was willing to let Phyllida help with th ...more
Thenia
Another Cynster finds his match and yet again, I can't say I was all that invested in his story, from the mystery to the romance, to everything in between.

Not liking the heroines the author writes is becoming a pattern and one Phyllida fit too, as she seemed to confuse independence with stupidity, going to a mysterious secret meeting by herself when it's a known fact that someone is trying to kill her.

I have read six books in the series so far and, while the stories are okay, they just don't see
Meg Perry
So, I'm writing this review on the several books of this series related to the "Bar Cynster". I am enjoying them, definitely some books more than others; the secondary or to me the premiere parts of the stories, the mysteries, are much more entertaining than the heroine/hero relationships. Don't get me wrong. the sex scenes are HOT HOT HOT but there is never really anything else there. Some authors you can feel the love between the main character but to me not in Stephanie Laurens books.
There i
Tracy
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
marvelous book. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Whitney
4 stars

Just another lovely Stephanie Lauren's romance book. Nothing ground breaking but still lovely to read.
Carol Kerry-green
Reread Aug 2011
Avid
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a re-read for me. Aside from Laurens' rigid adherence to the traditional RN format and the annoying cliches that follow, this novel isn't half bad. Lucifer takes off before his brother's wedding breakfast is even finished, rushing away from any eligible female, and heads to his mentor's place in Devon. He finds his mentor dead, the body still warm, and is nearly immediately coshed over the head with a medieval weapon. He's initially thought to be the killer, but soon acquited. His inves ...more
Shivi
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you've read any of the other Cynster novels, you know the story already. Here's a gist of all Cynster novels:

1. Hero is a gentleman and rake and one of the Cynster's (which means they have strong family bonds and are destined to marry incredibly stubborn annoying and somewhat stupid wives (IMO)). They each have no desire to fall in love or marry at the start of the book.

2. Hero meets heroine. There is instant undeniable physical attraction between them. There's also some type of mystery that
Maggie Hesseling
My least favorite of the 'Bar Sinster' novels. However, it's still a wonderful ending to a great group of rakes. What makes this novel less interesting, is mostly the fact that it is a lot slower than the other novels. Nothing really happens until the very end when Harry and Flick show up (that really drew a smile on my face).

What Laurens does very well in this novel, though is leave clues for the characters to try and figure out. Unfortunately they're few and far between and the mystery is act
Strong female doesn't just equal stubborn and opinionated. Some intelligence would be helpful as well. I'm so sick of the female leads doing ridiculous things when they know perfectly well they are in the middle of a dangerous endeavor. Why would you need to meet a maid (that you are already acquainted with) in an abandoned cottage in the middle of nowhere, according to a mysterious note that just shows up on the back step? Isn't that weird? Why would a hunter accidentally shoot a hole through y ...more
Jessica
Lucifer Cynster is the last unwed man of the Bar Cynster group. He goes to visit his friend Horatio's house and discovers that his friend has been murdered. He has to work with Phyllida Tallent to find the murderer and bring justice to Horatio. It felt more like a cozy mystery novel than a romance book. The pacing was slow. I wasn't interested in Phyllida as a character.
June
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cynster fans
Lucifer's story. Lucifer runs from London, thinking to escape his fate (next to marry), but arrives at his friend's to find him murdered. Determined to find the murderer he finds himself dealing with a woman who is even more determined to remain unwed than he is and who the murderer seems to have marked next to die.
Linsy
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2018
This is definitely the best one since The Rake's Vow. The mystery was a decent one, and the interplay between Lucifer and Phyllida is great. Plus, there was still the steamy scenes. Definitely a good one!!

I'm tempted to go back and read the three I skipped, but I doubt it.
Crystal
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucifer and Phyllida were most sensible of all the Cynster couples when it came to falling in love. I enjoyed enjoyed the mystery. Phyllida made some stupid horror movie errors and choices that drive me crazy, but in the end all was good.
Mary Smith
Boring
Cris
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
This is my favorite Bar Cynster
Beckie Treble
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I flew through this book. Another amazing edition from Ms Laurens. Wish I could write like she can!
Anna
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun and intriguing read as Phyllida and Lucifer rush about Devon trying to find a murderer and falling in love along the way.
Philippe
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A whodunit..fairly taunt and interesting.
T
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cynster. ‘Nuff said.
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
And all of the members of the Bar Cynster surrender to their fate.

In line with the Cynster tradition, Lucifer's book starts off on a very intriguing note: he stumbles upon the dead body of his friend and mentor, Horatio, and is rendered unconscious (albeit, accidentally) by the heroine who thought Lucifer was the murderer. The whole situation was comedic, despite the fact that Lucifer's friend had just been murdered. Needless to say, it was a great start to the last Bar Cynster's story. However,
inkandteacups
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*sigh*
Except for Vane, the Bar Cynster has really captured my heart!

Lucifer, the dark haired devil, is absolutely delicious as the last member of the infamous Bar Cynster who runs to Devon to escape the clutches of the matchmaking aunts.

Little does he know that Phyllida is already destined for him. Invigorating, exciting and quick-witted, Phyllida is nothing if not straight forward about the things she wants and likes.

Because of a murder in the area, Phyllida needs Lucifer's help and Lucifer nee
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Lost in Your Arms (Governess Brides, #6)
  • Seduced at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)
  • The Husband List (Effingtons, #2)
  • Till Dawn with the Devil (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Beware a Scot's Revenge (School for Heiresses, #3)
  • Winter Fire (Malloren, #6)
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie

Cynster (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1)
  • A Rake's Vow (Cynster, #2)
  • Scandal's Bride (Cynster, #3)
  • A Rogue's Proposal (Cynster,  #4)
  • A Secret Love (Cynster, #5)
  • All About Passion (Cynster, #7)
  • On a Wild Night (Cynster, #8)
  • On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster, #9)
  • On A Wild Night / On A Wicked Dawn
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
“Honoria to the twins, Amelia and Amanda : "If you seek love, don’t expect it to be simple, don’t expect it to be easy. If one thing is certain, it’s that it’ll neither. If you want love, then by all means seek it out --- search for it high and low. You know you’ll always have us – all of us – here to help you, but when it comes down to it, love is a matter of each individual heart. No one can tell you, no one can warn you, no one can prepare you for what it will be like. When it comes, if it comes, you’ll know it -- and then you’ll have to decide just how much you want it, how much you’re willing to give to let it live.” 1 likes
“If your middle name is Temptation, then mine is Persistence” 1 likes