Start by marking “How the Nobble Was Finally Found” as Want to Read:
How the Nobble Was Finally Found

How the Nobble Was Finally Found

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The Nobble lives in a world all his own—a fantastical world where you can do the impossible things of dreams. It’s a nice life and all he’s ever known. Yet one day he begins to think about finding some place he hasn’t been yet. Or maybe seeing something he hasn’t seen yet. Or . . . something. So he sets off on a journey to an unusual place, where he discovers roary things, ...more
Published September 7th 2009 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about How the Nobble Was Finally Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How the Nobble Was Finally Found

Eva Leger
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: julias-books
This is a strange, strange book. I usually like books that have creatures totally new to the world but this one is just.... strange. Really strange.
I did enjoy the illustrations even though most of the pages were borderline creepy. But the story just didn't do it for me. Julia was into it which usually would make me rate the book better but she was only into it for the actual Nobble. Not the story. She like how he looked she said and she liked the ending. Besides that she didn't care for the sto
Beth
Sep 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-book
Pretty illustrations
Amanda BeReckonedwith
Mar 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, reviewed
This is a text-heavy picture book. The pictures are not particularly appealing to me, but still whimsical, of which I approve generally for children's books.

So, why four stars? This is a story about a creature that has never met ANYONE in four thousand years and he/she is shy and creative with his/her language choices. The two things that endear this book to me are its ambiguity about gender (which leads me to talk about gender with my six-year-old) and its playful use of language; these creatur
Alicia Scully
The nobble is a fairy tale creature that has been alone forever and all it wants to do is make friends. It travels to our world and hunts for others like him or people to love him. It's a cute idea and the writers have given their own new fairy tale, but the book is far too long for young readers and not very engaging.
Rachel
Jan 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Text heavy. A little too much text for my 4 year old, and even me. It was interesting though and sparks imagination. Illustrations are a bit different, but I don't mind. I like my kids to see different kinds of art.
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
J loved this book. We first read it last spring and i thought it would be too long for her, but the story really held her interest. She gives it 5 stars.
June
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite, incredibly written children's books. It flows like a rhymatic lullaby and is filled with whimsy and smiles from start to finish! It is a true delight!
Kitty
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Delightful -- even if C. said he didn't choose the illustrator. I love how the letters nobble the nobble, and the archetypal tale adopts the tonal range Williams uses to create magic.
Corinna
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The kid & I give this 5 stars. Great illustrations, sweet story.
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the illustrations that are in this book. The story is surprising and heartfelt.
Paul
Aidan
Jun 13, 2012
Crystal
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Sweet book about finding a friend and being helpful to others.
CC
Sep 08, 2009
Edmund Davis-Quinn
Aug 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: library, children-s
Very cute images, story is pretty thin.

Enjoyable, but not great.
Amy Blunden
Jan 10, 2010
Jennifer Bushroe
Aug 05, 2013
Carissa
Jun 13, 2012
C.K. Williams was born and grew up in and around Newark, New Jersey. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, where he majored in philosophy and English. He has published many books of poetry, including Repair, which was awarded the 2000 Pulitzer Prize, The Singing which won the National Book Award for 2003, and Flesh and Blood, the winner of the National Book Critics Circle Prize in 1987 ...more
More about C.K. Williams...

“Maybe shy is when you're lonely and you don't think anybody can help you.” 0 likes