Start by marking “Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams” as Want to Read:
Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams

Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams

Infinite Possibilities is the masterwork from teacher, author, and featured speaker Mike Dooley. As the next step beyond his immensely popular Notes from the Universe trilogy, and his follow up, Choose them Wisely, this book contains even more enriching wisdom for living an abundant, joyous life.

Mike Dooley knows that we create our own reality, our own fate, and our own lu

Published September 8th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Infinite Possibilities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infinite Possibilities

Start your review of Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
David McMenomy
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Basically "The Secret" written by someone who sounds a little smarter.

My thought about these kinds of books, as of right now, is as follows:

There is the outer world that we all share (cosmos).

We also each have our inner world that we alone experience (consciousness), although we share that experience with other people by means of the outer world.

Visualization is a way of directing the inner world, and I am fairly certain that it has massive positive benefits in terms of one's outlook. But that's
Shantel
I think he could have said what he wanted to say in less pages. I found him repeating himself a lot.
As an open-minded person but one who does not practice religion or believe in any God I found there to be a fine line here
between the "power of the Universe" and religion/God. He does make reference a lot to "the creator" and so it was hard for me to get behind
this book 100%. However I do think that a positive outlook for anyone can do wonders so I kept with the book and gave it 3 stars.
Kellie
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kellieshighjump
Wonderful book, but you must be ready for it.
Renee Amberg
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Great Law of Attraction book! Thanks Mike Dooley!
LemontreeLime
Dec 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
It's embarrassing that this has sat half read on my bedside table for more months than i care to admit. I think I can tell you why now, after having soldiered through 30 more pages: this book is so glaringly optimistic and rah rah rah, that it ends up making itself unreadable to those who are not in a rah rah rah place in life. I keep reading these 'you can change your life' books, liking the idea that its possible to haul yourself up via those bootstraps you forget you have. But i am an 'always ...more
Devika Koppikar
The ideas in this book perked me up: thinking positive, using positive language, and walking in faith.
In other words, if you want positive things to happen to you, act in a positive manner.

But, some ideas in this book were outrageous, like when he says that if you are facing financial difficulties, spend money like you aren’t. Excuse me? Isn’t that what got us into our current Great Recession? Perhaps I should send this to Suze Ormond and have her give him a lecture!

When people start making stat
Brenda
May 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! It is SO amazing how one's thoughts can transform their Life for the good or to the bad. Mike Dooley's personal story of how he visualized and thought his way to who he is today is a wonderful read. I would highly recommend to everyone, as it can be truly transforming if you practice what he explains and are committed to living your life to the fullest. Make all your thoughts Good ones : )
Todd
This was originally produced as a serial publication, and it shows. It is redundant and lacking a unifying organization. It's heavy on snake oil and what I can only describe as secular abundance theology.

Having said all of that, I think he is mostly right. I agree with him. Thoughts do become things. I'm not sure if the universe is waiting to serve me the way Dooley claims, but I do think the power of consciousness is far beyond what we currently understand.
Lisa P.
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational, thought provoking, calming and soothing all in one. I listened to this 9 disc audio book while driving or relaxing. It helped me focus on what is important and brush up on intention, thoughts become things and attracting what I want in life.
Vladana
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was a quite disappointing read. The way of author's expressions of the subject is just not my cup of tea, I guess. I gave it 2 stars because I liked the last chapter of the book, particularly the part that says we should not take life and ourselves for granted, because there is magic absolutely everywhere and at each moment.
Mikell
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When everyone sees the world through the eyes of Mike Dooley, we will have reached Nirvana. He will guide you to discover and embrace your dreams. Fear will be replaced with faith and joy!

Living a joyful, asset based life will eliminate the need to fill the void with over eating, drugs, alcohol, gambling and any other addictions. They will no longer be on your radar screen.

We have been convinced, by people who want to sell us things we don't need, that our lives our lacking. If we rediscover o
Janine
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great motivational text to start living the life of your dreams! Start within. Adjust your mind and your thinking. Dream big. Get rid of excuses and take responsibility. Don't wallow in the past. Get up and take action. And believe it will happen. And it will. I have seen it over and over again. A very simple, yet powerful message that everyone should read.
"Living the life of your dreams isn't just about dreaming; its about living. You have to put yourself out into the world so that the
Dave Myers
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a pretty meaty read to say the least. Definitely one that should remain resting on the coffee table to revisit! MIke Dooley does a clear and concise approach to cultivating your goals, and manifesting your dreams into a reality. Many people today have given up on even approaching trying to have some part of their dream happen so im glad this book was written. I see art in everything so his writing style maintained a good flow.

Overall this is a positive good read. I suggest if you f
Sarah Butland
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A life changing, thought altering, perfectly timed (because of course, thoughts become things) piece of literature.

Feeling lost? Like life is a struggle? Change your perspective and change the world simply by taking the time to read this book and be. Mike Dooley teaches his readers that it is, truly is, all that easy.

So get the book, read the book and be "selfish" to truly effect all of our lives.

Thanks for reading,

Sarah Butland
Carolyn
I think Mike Dooley is so motivating. I've read (or listened to) a few of his books and always take away something new. And it's not just woo-woo; there are actionable steps to manifest your dreams. The last two chapters are a great pep-talk if you've been at this before and need some reinforcement.
Rebekah
Aug 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Okay, thoughts become actions and actions take you to your dreams, but getting through the first 25 pages of Dooley's psuedo religious beliefs seemed a great excuse to back out of everything I've invested my life in and become a pleasure seeker. Doesn't seem right. Couldn't finish half the book.
Georg Wanek
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thoughts become things. It's all there. You have all the power, capabilities. You have choosen for everything. This book is so powerful, simple and obvious. A lot of trust is involved. Dealing with emotions, acting as if, visualizing things in a simple way.
Jessa Green
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book changed my whole view of life and therefore it changed my life itself.
G-Raff
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While "The Secret" may provide the basis for the attainment of goals, it only scratches the surface and unless you understand the reasons behind what it is you're chasing, self-fulfilment is likely to elude you. This book is by far one of the best I've read. It asks the reader to dig deep into the conscious and subconscious mind and strip back your inner belief system to identify where your desires stem from. Forces you to question why you think the things you do and where this behaviour stems f ...more
Rebecca
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Basic message: enjoy your life today, act as though you've already achieved your dreams.
Also of interest: direct knowing/"spontaneous illumination"
- Whether dreams and desires have been tainted by limiting beliefs: if their promise is happiness, fun, and fulfillment, then they likely haven't been tainted by limiting beliefs; if they promise recognition, status, justification, or similar, as a means of attaining happiness, then somewhere along the way limiting beliefs got involved.
- Understand w
Karen
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting. Would be awesome if it’s actually true. Do we write our own scripts? I believe we are very much responsible for the outcome - but partially. I actually purchased this book as a gift for numerous people. Because if getting the partial part to work more in your favor is possible then this book is a great find. The problem for me is that it is sooooooo... repetitive that it’s words began to mean less and less. The writer said the same thing again and again and again.... I wasn’t sure w ...more
Becki at Becki's Bookshelf
This book was too long.

As other reviewers have noted, Dooley is intelligent and knows what he's talking about. I gained a lot from reading this book, but found its length off-putting. Regardless of how much (new!) information I gleaned from this book, its wordiness was too much.

It took me months to read because I had to continually read over passages due to the length of the sentences and the repetition of the same concepts.

I'll definitely read another of Mike Dooley's books, but I will do so
Ale X Andra
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing reminder of how powerful our thoughts are. I love the way the book is set up and the storytelling. There are so many nuggets of wisdom I want to revisit and write things down. If you feel you are a victim of your past or your circumstances I highly recommend this book. It's a great reminder of the power we have over our reality and the life we lead. Thoughts become things and that is so true. We are creators and if we believe otherwise we will let others and circumstances dictate our lif ...more
Kira
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
I felt this book was very motivational, inspirational and acted as one of the catalysts for aligning myself with what i truly wanted to do in life. Which i guess was its only purpose. But writing-wise it was hard to stick with for me, maybe personal preferences seeing as many people enjoyed it. Getting through 3/4ths of it was hard for me and i just stopped there, albeit got everything i needed from it.
Roya
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be very enjoyable to read in increments. I would not recommend reading this in a small amount of sittings, as it does tend to be quite repetitive. As I read a few times a week, I would find myself closing the book being a little more optimistic about things and life in general. I think part of the author's intention in being so repetitive is to really get it in in your head and remind you of these perspectives.
Jane Sorensen
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Probably repetitious, occasionally apologist for libertarianism, but you know what, it was so inflected with positivity that I enjoyed it anyway and though I'm sure I've forgotten the details, part of why we read books is to transport ourselves away. Giving it three stars because I can't give everything four.
Karen L. Wolfenden
Another God book on manifesting

Sadly, this book sounded like a promising book on actual creativity...but it's just another unfortunate (and probably successful) attempt to profit from the whole God and manifesting craze. Could only drag myself through a few sentences of the first couple of chapters. Big disappointment and a waste of my money.
Mike Fasolo
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Had a blast reading this book. Entertaining, humorous, and, in certain areas, really makes you think. Dooley's "thoughts become things" is definitely not a new concept. It's been talked about and taught forever, but Dooley's presentation made it thoroughly enjoyable.
Ninebubblewaters
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very inspiring book. I listened to the audio book version in my car and it helped keep a positive mindset. Learned a lot about LOA and the power of our minds. Love his attitude and way of writing and speaking.
Ben
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
An interesting take on the notion of self-help. Makes a couple good points on the idea of Autosuggestion from other books. Only major issue is its focus on religion—take a more religious approach than it needs to. But ultimately, gets the job done.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality
  • A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love
  • The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life's Perfection
  • The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles
  • Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
  • A Course in Miracles
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • Reality Unveiled
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know
  • The Law & the Promise
  • The Magic (The Secret, #3)
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 2
  • O'na Sözüm Var
  • Acid For The Children
  • Infinite Potential: The Greatest Works of Neville Goddard
  • Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science, and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe
  • Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Mike Dooley is a former PriceWaterhouseCoopers international tax consultant, turned entrepreneur, who's founded a philosophical Adventurers Club on the Internet that's now home to over 350,000 members from over 189 countries. His inspirational books have been published in 23 languages and he was one of the featured teachers in the international phenomenon, The Secret. Today Mike is perhaps best kn ...more