Start by marking “Nauti Deceptions (Nauti, #5)” as Want to Read:
Nauti Deceptions (Nauti, #5)

Nauti Deceptions

(Nauti #5)

The new book in the New York Times bestselling series from a major star in hot, hot romance.

Caitlyn "Rogue" Walker left her life in Boston to become a teacher in a small Kentucky town. But her dream was shattered when she was framed in a sex scandal. Refusing to be run out of town, Caitlyn shed the identity she had and became Rogue. Sheriff Zeke Mayes knows there's mor
Trade Paperback, 373 pages
Published February 2nd 2010 by Berkley Sensation (first published February 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Nauti Deceptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nauti Deceptions

Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,552 books — 1,604 voters
The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareInsatiable by Lauren Dane
Hottest Guy on a Cover
1,610 books — 1,825 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Nauti Deceptions (Nauti, #5)
Auntee
Feb 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Not a bad offering by Lora Leigh--probably one of the better ones I've read by her in a while. This is the 5th book in her Nauti series, and it is mainly a romantic suspense with a couple of healthy dollops of LL's trademark erotic sex scenes. This book picks up where Nauti Intentions left off, with the homegrown terrorist group The Freedom League (a group of military and ex-military fanatics who think they can cause a revolution and take over the US government) still (barely) in operation in So ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Jun 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: erotic romance lovers
My review

This story was ok. I've always liked Zeke and Rogue and had been looking forward to their story, and the continuation of the fight to bring down the Freedom League.

I liked the sexual tension in this book, but there was something that made their character development somehow... meh. But still, I was very happy to see the Mackay cousins with their baby girls and would LOVE to fast forward 20 years and see what kind of grief they give their daddies. HA!

Caution! This book contains anal
Kathrynn
Feb 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Fans for the series
I found this edition to the Nauti series to be very dull and boring. It felt like the same setup I've read over and over again, but with different characters. I didn't care for either main character, the plot needed more "umph!," and the way the H felt about his sexual appetites I found very boring and downright silly. Different strokes for different folks and all that, the mountain was made out of a molehill, yadda, yadda...

Absolutely disliked how the H continually tried to repress his desire
Lynsey A
Megan Fall
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series. Zeke and Rogue were amazing together and I loved the book. I just wish there was a bit more action. This book was pretty slow compared to the rest! Still a lot of hot sex scenes though!!
jenjn79
Oct 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Not my favorite of this series, though I was hoping it might be. I had high expectations but the book didn't quite meet them. Still, it was a good book, and I liked it for the most part.

Series Note:
This series should be read in order.

Summary:
Caitlyn "Rogue" Walker used to be a straight up good-girl teacher, but when she moved to Somerset, Kentucky to teach, things went horribly wrong. She got on the wrong side of the very wrong people and lived to regret it. With her life in ruins
Robin *loves sexy books*
Jun 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
i started this series because of a romance readers challenge, i had not read any lora leigh before.

each book got better and better, but i have to say that nauti intentions with alex and janey might be my favorite. you know the series is good when you have difficulty picking out your favorite couple!

i liked this book a lot. i really feel like zeke met his match with rogue. and i loved the epilogue. hopefully we get a nauti girls series in the future.

will definitely be reading more of lora leigh i
Stevie
Not what I am used to from Leigh. When I get in the mood for something squirm-worthy and shall we say, stimulating, with a decent story, she used to be one of my go to's. I snagged this accidentally, my original intent was to start with the first of the series. The story as a whole wasn't bad, the romance aspect was the downfall. I am thinking the characters were supposed to portray more of a slow burning, clashing rivalry romance, battling for dominance, which LL has pulled off quite well in he ...more
July
Feb 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: home-library
Rogue Walker and Sheriff Zeke Mayes is fighting the attraction for years. Well the years of fighting the attraction have come to an end. Rogue has been trying to let Zeke know that she is old enough for a real adult relationship. Zeke has been avoiding Rogue. He doesn't do relationships. He has a very dark side and knows that Rogue is very innocent so he must stay away. But he is finding it harder and harder to do that.
People are starting to show up dead and now he is worried about Rogue. She co
Marybelle
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very interesting story. I love the character development. The erotica is exciting, but a couple of scenes got in the way and pulled the reader from the storyline. The story, and personal relationships, would have been more effective without those scenes. I would have liked seeing more of Zeke’s son. Instead of being a driving force in Zeke’s life, he was somewhat incidental, considering Rogue’s place in Zeke’s life. I think he should have had more to do with the story.

Otherwise, a good read wor
Willow Brook
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Maybe 3 1/2 stars. I never can be entirely objective with favorite authors, even ones I'm irritated with. I will say that so far I've found the Nauti series consistently enjoyable (other than the titles). Nauti Dreams is still by far my favorite, but Nauti Deceptions was a nice installment with Zeke and Rogue's story. Zeke is the sheriff in a lovely appearing small town that is rife with criminal behaviors up to and including homegrown terrorists. Despite that disturbing aspect, not to mention t ...more
Tiffany Danner
Mar 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads
Lora Leigh is my guilty pleasure. Her books are candy for my smut loving self. But even I have been left feeling a bit “blah” over her last few releases. They were ok, but something was missing for me. I went into this book expecting the same and expecting to be bored because Zeke and Rogue never really appealed to me in the previous books. I was also a little wary of the ongoing terrorist suspense plot. While Nauti Deceptions isn’t perfect, I was surprised to find I really enjoyed it.

In previou
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Not a bad read but there just wasn’t anything enthralling about it, nothing to keep me hooked from start to finish. Both main characters were pretty hard-assed and I found them both irritating at times. I didn’t like Zeke much, one minute he wanted Rogue, use her then flick her back away and say he didn’t want anything to do with her, didn’t cut it for me. Though the scandal at the start in the prologue played a role in Rogue becoming who she was, it didn’t really play a big enough role in the s ...more
Bonnie G.
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I really love reading Lora Leigh. I accept that Ms. Leigh will mix metaphors and misuse words, she will repeat the same thought 4 different times in slightly different ways and call it a paragraph (1000 times over), she will write a very non-mysterious mystery, and there will always be deeply meaningful butt sex as if sphincter penetration is the new "I do." Despite coming from that place of acceptance, despite the book featuring a female lead I liked a lot, and despite some scorching sex scenes ...more
20/9 - 3.5 stars. This was reasonably good, but I got a bit bored in the second half and had trouble staying awake while reading it last night, in the end I had to skim about 50 pages before I could wake myself up enough to pay more attention and finish the book. The sex scenes were on par with all the other Leigh books, nothing particularly new, but nothing bad.

I thought Zeke's reasons for staying away from Rogue sounded very fake. He kept saying she was too innocent to deal with his procliviti
Tiffany
Maybe more like 4.5 stars, but I'll bump it for Lora Leigh. With every book of hers, I'm more blown away. Her style allows for SUCH intensity in her books, with the couples. She has truly alpha heroes who are hot as hell, and I cannot put her books down once I start.

Zeke and Rogue have that same drive, that passionate need, to be together especially after fighting it for five years. The suspense was interesting. It would have been nice to see more of the Mackays that we love so much from the se
Caty
Feb 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
OK, i've loved the nauti boys series so far, and i trully enjoyed the development of Zeke and Rogue's relationship, the scene with the son was just hillarious and as always with miss Leigh the sex scenes were steamy.

That being said...i don't know, this book felt kinda separate from the others, at least for me, the participation of the MacKay cousins was just minimal and i hated the epilogue.
I don't want to give any spoilers, but man, it seems so last minute, like they decided to include it just
Astraycat
Great story!

Zeke, a stubborn alpha male, who determined to stay away from Rogue for five years cause he couldn't commit to someone again after his wife and mother were murdered due to his investigation.
Rogue, a strong-willed heroine, who pretended to be a flirt while running her bar after she was set up by Natches Mackay's evil father and aunt.
When Zeke finally gave up to his desire, danger also approached Rogue.

Recommend to those who love to read erotic romance with alpha male and suspense.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Aug 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!
loved the ending, the story was great!
I hope there are more to come??
Debbie
Feb 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I think this one is my favorite of the series! Zeke is HOT HOT HOT!!!
Catherine
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a hot book. If you like a steamy romance you should try this series. This is book 5.
Nina
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Zeke and Rogue were incredibly hot and hot and hot together. Oh, man If I was reading this as a book, I think the pages would've caught on fire. Lol. great finish to a great series.
Sally
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance, erotic
Book 5 in the Nauti series is about Zeke and Rogue. It was nice to get Rouge's background. I didn't feel like the punishment she gave herself and from the town was warranted but I guess that's small-town life for you.

I did like their story but I didn't love it. The two of them are very hot together. Again, this is a very erotic series with suspense so keep that in mind if you pick this series up. The back and forth was a bit too much for me. The Freedom League and the suspense behind it all was
Mary Pamela
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action, Espionage, & Mystery

I love murder mysteries. Lora Leigh knows how to weave a complelling and complex story of love, hate, sex, and strong characters. I enjoyed. I recommend to all erotic romance readers. The only thing I didn't understand was the reasoning behind Rogue's anger. The author tried to explain it from Rogue's POV, but I just couldn't see it. I left it that I'm not the person in the story or the person who wrote it; so I don't need to understand the reasoning behind the charac
Maggie Perez De Molina
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need to find me a Sheriff Mayes. Does anyone know where I can find one? The man jumps off the page and you will swear you can feel him in and around you. The writing is hot and steamy and sexy and I have never wanted to be a fictional character more than Rogue Walker. First of all, her name is Rouge. I love this book already! I was practically sweating reading the steamy parts. I love everything about this book.
Ruth Ellen
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rogue has love Zeke since she came into town. When embarrassing photo are put on internet she loses her job and any hope of respectability. So she embraces her wild side and manages a bar and helps with the MacKay restaurant. But things are in play when her Walker relatives are murdered. Zeke is fighting his attraction to her and still trying to catch a killer. See how it turns out.
Amber
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm reading these all out of order. This was worlds better than the first book but some of the characterizations were shaky to nonexistent.
Barbara
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Reading

Interesting story line. Keeps you guessing who the killer might be. Didn't guess until the last five pages. Enjoyed the book.
Janet
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Megan Williams
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting read, hot and steamy amongst the main characters and left you guessing about the swirling mystery.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Happy Housewi...: Nauti Deceptions (Nauti, #5) 7 8 Oct 20, 2013 05:23PM

• Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2)
  • Dominated (The Enforcers, #2)
  • Darkest Before Dawn (KGI, #10)
  • Unexpected Rush (Play by Play, #11)
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
  • Sweet Persuasion (Sweet, #2)
  • Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • Hidden Away (KGI, #3)
  • No Place to Run (KGI, #2)
  • Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3)
  • After the Storm (KGI, #8)
  • When Day Breaks (KGI, #9)
  • Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3)
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)
  • Riding the Night (Wild Riders, #4)
  • Straddling the Line (Play by Play, #8)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Nauti (9 books)
  • Nauti Boy (Nauti, #1)
  • Nauti Nights (Nauti, #2)
  • Nauti Dreams (Nauti, #3)
  • Nauti Intentions (Nauti #4)
  • Nauti Temptress (Nauti, #6; Nauti Girls, #1)
  • Nauti Enchantress (Nauti, #7; Nauti Girls, #3)
  • Nauti Seductress (Nauti, #8; Nauti Girls, #4)
  • Nauti Angel (Nauti, #9; Nauti Girls, #5)