Start by marking “Shot Happens” as Want to Read:
Shot Happens

Shot Happens

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Mike Schlappi is the author of two inspirational books, "Bulletproof Principles for Personal Success" and "Motivational Leaders". His third book, "Shot Happens" tells his life story, and helps motivate people...

An excerpt from his book..

“I got shot. What’s your problem?”

Does that sound sardonic or terse or dismissive? I don’t mean it that way. I did get shot – and it is
Paperback, Third, 136 pages
Published 2009 by Mike Schlappi Communications

To ask other readers questions about Shot Happens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shot Happens

Ang
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great reminder of what it takes to work through life. Wonderful insight. He is very human and honest.
Jonathan N
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is vary good about a boy how has been shot and paralyzed
Faith High School
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Triston D- I really liked this book! It's about a guy, that is a great athlete, and he gets shot, but even though he got shot, he still has a great positive attitude and still enjoyed life, even though he would be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Highly recommend!

Read By: Will Lutz
This was a great book. It's about this star athlete right before his big game he got shot by his best friend. This completely changed his life and he tells all of these amazing events that happened throughout
Carmen
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very inspiring book! Mike was shot at age 14. A .38 caliber bullet hit his chest, clipped his lung and lodged in his spine paralyzing him from the chest down. This is the story of how it affected him as a teenager and later. He was a positive thinker and a great athlete. He has 2 gold and 2 bronze medals. He accomplished much in his life, but just in a different way than he had planned. Any age person would love to read this book!
Mrs Grueb
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After our students went to state student council convention and mentioned Schlappi's story, it intrigued me as my father's cousin was recently paralyzed from a workplace shooting. I was definitely inspired by his story, and I will recommend the book to my dad's cousin and her family.
Holly
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AWESOME book! One of the best I've read for the "self-motivation" category. I admit, this opinion may be skewed by the fact that I saw him in person at a conference where he was the keynote speaker. Still, I highly recommend it--and seeing him if possible.
Mitzi
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book aloud to my kids. We all enjoyed it. Very inspiring and motivational. I've had the pleasure of meeting this author in person and hearing him speak, and he is truly an amazing man.
Kelly Mckinney
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to meet Mike at a conference in Utah a couple years ago. Terrific guy! What a great outlook on life.
Nathan Dyer