Start by marking “The Self Health Revolution” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Self Health Revolu...

J. Michael Zenn

The Self Health Revolution

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
An incredibly simple, entertaining, common-sense read about why we are getting so sick, tired and fat in America today and how we must take control of our own Self-health now or likely become a statistic ourselves....... Zenn only asks you to start doing 1 thing, 3 times a day for 15 minutes everyday to lose weight, feel more energetic, get rid of aches and pains, avoid ch ...more
Paperback
Published (first published January 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Self Health Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Self Health Revolution

Peggii
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked 80% of the books, great research on the food industry. Some facts were fascinating. I did not know about the dog food industry, pretty scary.

However I was turned off by his brands recommendations, as it felt like he was sponsored by those companies. He exposed a lot of industries and was surprised he did not exposed the vitamin industry. He keeps repeating the death of his dad, like this was the inspiring story that will sell his book, feels over done.

I looked at his research materials,
Lauren
May 28, 2012 rated it liked it
If you watched the documentary Forks Over Knives then this will all be very familiar. Some interesting things in here but nothing I haven't heard before. If you haven't seen the documentary then it would be an interesting read for sure. It is a bit heavy handed though and uses a ton of scare tactics which I am not sure is always the best way to go if you want to encourage people to make life changes. I would recommend Michael Pollan's books over this any day if you are really interested in learn ...more
Melissa
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
The content in this book was good, but it is in desperate need of an editor. Too many grammatical errors. It also bothered me that the author starts the book by talking about all the heavy research he's done, but yet he consistently referred to Merk and not Merck. Irritating. I also didn't like how he talked about "god" throughout the book. Not everyone believes in god and besides, this book was supposed to be about health and not religion. I kind of feel like I wasted $16.
Lisa
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book had a wealth a good information especially for someone just waking up to the Self Health Revolution and even for those of us who were raised in it.

I gave it 2 stars because of the way J. Micheal Zenn wrote it. It feels like a giant sales pitch. The information sells itself. It's all common sense. There is no need to lay it on so thick. It was a huge turnoff.
Carole
Aug 20, 2009 added it
I think this book makes so much sense and is put together in a way that speaks to everyone on every level of awareness. It's not overly critical and provides just the right amount of information to hit the basics and not loose interest.
Pamela
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Easy to understand book on how you can improve your health without the use of drugs. I really liked it. Zenn covered all the bases without going into too much depth, but gave you resources for finding more information if you were interested. Very good.
Carla Pardo
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is not stuff I really didn't already know, but for some reason this book has me on fire. Changing the way our family eats tomorrow. It's just on sense.
Karen Williams