Start by marking “The Stuffed Animals Get Ready for Bed” as Want to Read:
The Stuffed Animals Get Ready for Bed

The Stuffed Animals Get Ready for Bed

What's a girl to do when her stuffed animals just aren’t sleepy? The little red hen is fixing herself a snack, the monkey’s doing cartwheels, and the cow appears to be singing karaoke. It’s a good thing this little mommy has a few tricks up her sleeve. With a bit of persistence and a lot of tender loving care, she’ll get her babies bathed, read to, and snuggled . . . just ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Stuffed Animals Get Ready for Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stuffed Animals Get Ready for Bed

Mrs. Ruigrok
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Children will love this store, It has bright illustrations and rhyming words and they will love how the child puts all of the stuffed animals to bed with care. Little ones with a bed full of stuffies will especially enjoy this sweet story!
Tracy Morton
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book is very, very cute! The little girl gets all of his stuffed animals ready for bed. It has a lovely rhyming pattern. The pictures are cute. This would be a great story for a stuffed animal storytime. I am thinking of doing a stuffedy steep over at the library.
Mary
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
An excellent read for a stuffed animal storytime - familiar animals, rhyming schemes, and colorful illustrations abound.
Katy
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not crazy about this book, but it's pretty spot on for the topic so I may use it for stuffed animal sleepover storytime.
Danette
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
3/7/17 Read with Naomi & Julia.
Lyn
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
In a soothing rhyming story, a young child must get her stuffed animals snuggled into bed before she can go to sleep. Fortunately, the things that are keeping them awake are also keeping the child awake, so as soon as she gets them settled, she says good-night, too.

Bryan Langdo's illustrations of stuffed animals are pleasing and round, just the type to be cuddled. They don't all join the little girl in bed, but are shown slumbering around the room as they keep her company while she sleeps.
Ana
Nov 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Another title read as part of my library's first "Stuffed Animal Sleepover" event. With a simple rhyming scheme, a little girl convinces each of her stuffed animals to get ready for bed. A cute wrap-up story before the kids completed a craft activity, kissed their animals goodnight, and handed them over to the "Sleepover Sitters".
Rebecca
Apr 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Rhyming bedtime book. I find it really funny that the cow wears cow pajamas.
Adrienne
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A little girl has to round up her stuffed animals and get them ready for bed. The rhymes are cute and the illustrations are adorable. This one just went on my to-buy list!
Mar 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: bean-books, picture
Not my personal favorite - the rhyming feels kind of tedious to me - but my daughter could listen to this one every night.
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
This reminds me so much of my own childhood. My stuffed animals were my friends and had exciting adventures!
Chrystal
Oct 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-children
Cute!~ Fun to know not only my kids want ALL their animals in bed with them. My girls liked it too.
Ana LibrariAna
A cute rhyming story about a girl getting her stuffed toys ready for bed.
Alfajirikali
May 19, 2008 rated it it was ok
I know this is going to sound terrible, but we don't spend much time with stuffed animals, and therefore didn't appreciate the story fully.
Cara
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This would be a nice good night story, plus it has cute pictures.
Mandy
Nov 08, 2013 rated it liked it
(3.5 stars)

As a little girl gets ready for bed, she hushes each of her stuffed animals and gets them off to bed too.
Lisa C
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Adorable pictures, cute rhymes, very relate-able for small children and works very well for a stuffed animal sleepover storytime
Ashley