Start by marking “The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2: World's Most Wanted - Book 1” as Want to Read:
The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2: World's Most Wanted - Book 1

The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2: World's Most Wanted - Book 1

(Invincible Iron Man (2008) (Collected Editions) #2)

Tony Stark - Iron Man, billionaire industrialist, and director of S.H.I.E.L.D. - faces the most overwhelming challenge of his life. Ezekiel Stane, the son of Tony's late business rival and archenemy Obadiah, has set his sights, his genius, and his considerable fortune on the task of destroying Tony Stark and Iron Man.
Published November 11th 2009 by Marvel (first published June 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2

Start your review of The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2: World's Most Wanted - Book 1
Jeff
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Tony Stark vs. Norman Osborn

Although it doesn’t say it on the cover (shockingly), this is a Dark Reign tie-in.

This showdown is a long time coming, stretching back to the Civil War crossover, where Stark brainwashed/drugged/manipulated Osborn and had him go on a killing spree dressed as the Green Goblin. It wasn’t one of Stark’s finer moments.

Fast forward past the Skrull Invasion crossover: Osborn is in as head of SHIELD HAMMER and Stark is out.

“Tony, how about those super-secret sup
Kemper
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, comics, superhero, marvel
The American public can be so unforgiving. Poor Tony Stark just had one little alien Secret Invasion happen on his watch as SHIELD’s director, and he gets fired. Then Norman Osborn takes over as head of keeping the super humans in line because you might as well put a ‘reformed’ super villain in charge. It worked so well with Dick Cheney after all.

So Tony is out of SHIELD, his company is imploding thanks to the failures of Stark tech due to a computer virus during the invasion, and half the super
James DeSantis
So what happens when the Green Goblin is running the world? Well, you go on the run because shittttt he's after ya!

This starts off after the events of "Dark Reign" which means Osborn is running shit. He's disassembled SHIELD and is going after Stark. Of course Tony doesn't take chances and all the files on each superhero from the Civil war files is now stored inside, yep you guessed it, his fucking BRAIN. So what does he do? He goes on the run from Osborn but the goblin doesn't give up that eas
Scott
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The funny thing about World's Most Wanted - Book 1 -- I thought it started out a little boring, and it felt like there was a slightly jarring disconnect from prior volume The Five Nightmares, which I had read only two weeks ago. But soon enough things started to satisfyingly fall into place . . .

The action and suspense was cranked up as Tony Stark goes on the run from Norman Osborn's HAMMER, but let's also not forget to mention Pepper Potts and Maria Hill. They began to really shine with their
Jesse A
I've never read Dark Reign so some info I had to work through. Some of this volume was fun. Some boring.
Joe
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never been a big Tony Stark fan. Some good stuff has been done. Some interesting stuff has come and gone. Yet Tony has been part of some great stories.

This story line following the Civil War stuff has been fun.
Pepper Potts is one of the better side-characters in the Marvel Universe.
Pepper in an Iron Man suit is perfect.
read more..
Veronic
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the art. Love the story.. things are getting pretty intense for our heroes
Carlex
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! I'm impatient for the next one : )
Gayle Francis Moffet
What do you do at the end of Secret Invasion when Norman Osborn (formerly the Green Goblin and still a total psychopath) gets control of the defense of the United States of America? If you're Tony Stark, you run like hell (because Normal wants your head on a platter), and if you're Pepper Potts and Maria Hill, you get pulled into helping.

Fraction continues his stellar run on Invincible Iron Man with the "World's Most Wanted" arc. WMW is tied as my favorite comic arc of all time, the other choice
Isabella
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of comics
Actual Rating: 4.9 Stars
Soundtrack: Can't Pin Me Down by Marina & The Diamonds (for Maria Hill <3)

"Well. No turning back now."

An intense journey through dark terrain, The Invincible Iron Man, Volume 2: World's Most Wanted, Book 1 shows the real brilliance of Tony Stark and his world.

There was never a moment when I was not on the edge of my seat. I was flipping through the pages faster than I even realized, completely engrossed. The artwork is stunning, the dialogue is sharp, the characters a
Gavin
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Yes. Just, yes. This 2nd volume takes place after Zeke Stane's attack on Stark, and right after the Secret Invasion, which places Norman Osborn in charge of SHIELD and Tony out of power and public enemy #1. Pepper Potts is in for a whole new life, Maria Hill is on the run as well, and even War Machine can't help Tony. But Tony may have a crazy idea that could just save the day...but it won't happen overnight. Also featuring a Namor appearance...
Matt
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m continuing my reread journey of Matt Fraction’s run of Invincible Iron Man. Worlds Most Wanted sees a big change in Iron Man’s status quo.

Set after the events of the Skrull Invasion, Tony Stark has lost everything. He is no longer director of SHIELD, CEO of Stark Industries or an Avenger. He is on the run. The instigator of this - Norman Osborn, head of HAMMER the replacement of SHIELD. He also has his own Iron Man suit with the Iron Patriot. Stepping up from Spider-Man villain to threat th
Andy
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I pretty much stopped reading the big Marvel events after Civil War (mostly as I couldn't afford to keep up), so Secret Invasion and Dark Reign mostly passed me by (which is odd given how Norman Osborn centric Dark Reign is - there was very little knock on effect in the Spider-Man books from what I recall). Anyway, the second volume of Matt Fraction's run assumes you know what occurred in Secret Invasion (thankfully there's a handy primer at the start to bring you up to speed) and kicks straight ...more
Tarique Ejaz
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have become an absolute fan of Matt Fraction's work on the Invincible Iron Man. He has single handedly managed to pull off a story worth to be stocked away in the selves.

Let the most crooked entrepreneur lead the most versatile and dangerous espionage organization in the world and what does he do foremost on coming to power? He decides to settle his personal vendetta. The story highlights that characteristics of Tony Stark that one does not see often. To protect the people who tend to dish hi
Ashley Kempkes
Jun 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Comic Book Fans
Recommended to Ashley by: Random Happenstance
Shelves: comic-books
Warning: Don't read this GN if you haven't read the Secret Wars (or know about it). I knew a little about it, but I've never been able to actually read that arc, so I was a little confused as to what was going on. (view spoiler) What!? I just... What? That was frustrating.

I also kept wanting to ask the characters what in the world did they think they were doing? (Besides being idiots I mean.) I was just so frustrated by the choices they were
Shannon Appelcline
An excellent continuation of Bendis' stories about the Secret Invasion.
Sineala
Better than The Five Nightmares, but that's not saying much. The first half of a Dark Reign tie-in arc in which Tony deletes his brain and goes on the run from Norman Osborn in increasingly low-tech old suits as his memory fails him. Features side plots of Maria Hill versus the Controller and Pepper becoming Rescue, which she seems very enthusiastic about for someone who did not want to be a superhero as recently as three issues ago. I... really do not like how Matt Fraction writes Tony.

I like t
Elizabeth Taylor
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this. Filled in some gaps as I'd read some books proceeding and following this one. Loved that little Pepperony moment; didn't much care for the fact that he doffed Maria Hill purely because she was there... but that's Tony Stark for you. All in all an enjoyable, engrossing, action-packed story. I can't help but wonder if the illustrator referenced Josh Holloway (Sawyer in LOST) for his Tony, some of the facial expressions have an uncanny similarity.
Tym
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love how Pepper gets to step up in this volume and I really like the idea of Rescue. I built up a lot of resentment against Tony Stark during Civil War and it carried over to Secret Invasion but I am finally starting to empathize with the bastard now.
Alex
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-marvel, comics
Carmen
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I'm doing a re-read of these since I finally own the physical volumes and it's just as sad as the first time.
Christy
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty great. .A bit more intense than I'm used to for Iron Man, but I enjoyed it!
Terry Collins
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grim stuff, but captivating and a real page turner. Recommended.
Hailey
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, comics
Dicey. Everything’s... dicey.
Shane
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Norman has it bad for Tony, but Tony's willing to kill himself to protect the world. This one shows off how clever Tony can be when he has to be.
Maggie
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is way more interesting than when he was running SHIELD
Anna
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-sf
Pretty underwhelming, though at least Maria Hill had a large-ish role. I prefer the MCU movies to this comic run
Herman Gigglethorpe
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Despite this being "Volume 2", you can easily get into this without having to read the first one (although it's still worth it to do so). This is mostly its own arc. Even the background information is pretty simple: Skrulls (shapeshifting aliens) had infiltrated and invaded Earth, and they managed to disable most Stark Industries technologies. Norman Osborn somehow became the hero of this incident, even though he is the Spider-Man villain Green Goblin.

The story begins with Osborn taking over the
Brad
Oct 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel, comics
Matt Fraction continues to use giant Marvel crossover events as a springboard for exciting and fun stories. While the first volume used Iron Man's high stature in SHIELD after Civil War, this volume finds him hunted thanks to his screw ups in Secret Invasion. He's hounded by the new big boss in Marvel, Norman Osbourne doing an evil-Dick Cheney turn. Fraction keeps the book from being too bogged down by stories in other books, and gives interesting storylines to Pepper Potts and former SHIELD hea ...more
Lloyd
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Writer Matt Fraction keep the tale of his Iron Man run taut and fierce in this one.

Alongside the events of Marvel's blockbuster "Dark Reign" storyline, Tony Stark has been made all but a villain in the public eye by H.A.M.M.E.R. (the replacement for S.H.I.E.L.D.) director Noman Osborne (the former Green Goblin). Tony's tech has once again been compromised. It's been attacked by a Skrull virus (with the events of "Secret Invasion") and adapted by crazed, heartless villains.

Tony Stark has been bro

• X-Men: Messiah CompleX
  • Wolverine: Weapon X
  • Avengers: Disassembled
  • Ant-Man: Second-Chance Man
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 1: Or is he Both?
  • Avengers Prime
  • Astonishing X-Men, Volume 3: Torn
  • Avengers, Volume 1: Avengers World
  • Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America
  • Spider-Man: American Son
"How he got started in comics: In 1983, when Fraction was 7 years old and growing up in Kansas City, Mo., he became fascinated by the U.S. invasion of Grenada and created his own newspaper to explain the event. "I've always been story-driven, telling stories with pictures and words," he said.

Education and first job: Fraction never graduated from college. He stopped half a semester short of an art

Invincible Iron Man (2008) (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Volume 1: The Five Nightmares