Start by marking “Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 2: Necromancer” as Want to Read:
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 2: Necromancer

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 2: Necromancer (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  1,786 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The second chapter of best-selling author Laurell K. Hamilton's thriller! Vampire hunter Anita Blake has crossed the paths of the worst St. Louis has to offer - and now they want her out of the picture for good! But Anita isn't the type of person to go down without a fight... and she's going to make sure it hurts something fierce! Find out why Comic Bulletin calls the Anit ...more
Hardcover, Graphic Novel, 120 pages
Published January 6th 2010 by Marvel (first published December 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

emily_oriley
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, Jean-Claude, I know you're like this sexy vampire or whatever but how expensive are buttons?!
Jeremy Muse
Jan 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Boy did I read a lot of graphic novels in December. The Laughing Corpse is a 3 Volume set. After finishing Volume 2, I knew that I wanted more than imagery and lines of dialogue. Which is why I left this comic series for the real thing. Anita Blake is an amazing character, and I like the way my imagination has created her, instead of what the artist did. Do yourself a favor, read the books and let your imagination create the scenes.
Sonya Garza
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could not put the book down. Loved it. Finished in 2 days that is how good it was
Melliane
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Mon avis complet

My english review

Oh the meeting between Anita and Jean Claude is amazing! It happens exactly the way I thought it was. We experience very well the discomfort feeling for our heroine and the determination of Jean Claude. It's very funny, we always want to see them in a place together to know what will happen.

The murders were well realized and we quickly see the horror of each, mainly when it's about children. We understand too why Anita is so uncomfortable with all these events. I
Claudia
Dec 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: vampire fans
Recommended to Claudia by: I'm sure Karin's a fan
Wow-- Anita Blake is a fierce warrior. She could take on Sookie Stackhouse with one hand tied behind her back! St. Louis is crawling with the undead -- vampires, zombies, and, in this one, an evil Voo Doo queen. Anita isn't intimidated by any of them, and she fights off the Vampire Master of St. Louis as she solves grisly murders. What a woman. She's my new hero.

Hamilton knows how to control suspense and she creates some memorable characters..I'm loving these. CIRCUS OF THE DAMNED is already loa
quinnster
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first few novels in the Anita Blake series, before everything became a love triangle and boring sameness. So having the graphic novels of the first few books is exciting. The graphic novel so far is pretty much just an illustrated version of the novel and that is fantastic. It would be have been annoying if they changed it around. It's fun to have faces to add to the ideas you have in your head of what characters in the book should look like. The illustrations are brilliant ...more
Amy Denim
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-romances
Lots more elements added to the story in this volume and a few questions answered. Of course lots more were raised. I'm loving the weird relationship of Anita and Jean-Claude the Vampire Master. Hope we get more of that. Feels like we're close to solving the zombie crimes. Can't wait to finish up with the next book.
Holly Mann
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Once again Anita Blake does it! She rocks and is totally brave. I love this heroine. She is smart, brave and has snappy come backs. Screw the bad guys! Laurell K. Hamilton keeps the action going the whole book, you are always waiting to see what is up next. I'm never bored when I read the Anita Blake series!
Paige
Dec 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy the Anita Blake series. This one was one of my favorites because it is among the first bunch, before Anita opened her legs to the world.
Now I read the series (as they come out) just to see what happened.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Okay series sure getting interesting but weird. From I heard, the books are the same as well. I only read the first one and taking a break from the second. But after reading these, it makes me want to get back to the series. Maybe. Good volume.
Rachel
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A really good continuation of The Laughing Corpse where things seem to be getting more dangerous after Anita was attacked in her own home and now she has to ask an unlikely character to have an alliance for her own safety. Oh what will happen next?!?
Melanie
Nov 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have read this as the individual comic books. It is great. I am going to buy the hard cover when it comes out on Dec. 23rd (I think).
Cindy
Oct 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
I enjoy these GN adaptations of Anita Blake books a lot. This is finally the Anita I see in my head!
Yara Hatem
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved the graphics! Spot on!
Dan
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Never read the novels. And I know this is in the middle of a story,but it seemed average,and not too exciting.
Robert Wilson
Boring and overly repetitive.
Gözde Yeşilsefa
Jo
Aug 17, 2010
  • Witchblade, Volume 1: Witch Hunt
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #2)
  • Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 2
  • Blood Work (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 4
  • Novels by Laurell K. Hamilton: Cerulean Sins, Skin Trade, Flirt
  • Witchblade Origins Volume 1
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 4 (#19-#24)
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • The Gamer, Season 1
  • True Blood, Volume 4: Where Were You?
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more
More about Laurell K. Hamilton...

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse (3 books)
  • Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse,  Volume 1: Animator
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 3: Executioner

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)