Start by marking “In Cold Ink: On The Writers' Tracks” as Want to Read:
In Cold Ink: On The Writers' Tracks

In Cold Ink: On The Writers' Tracks

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Tracing the blurred line between life and literature has taken David Robinson to places as far afield as west Kansas and the edge of the Kalahari. It's also taken him on journeys of discovery into the minds of some of the most gifted writers alive. This beautifully produced collection of essays and interviews is based on his articles in "The Scotsman" newspaper and is a re ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Birlinn Ltd (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about In Cold Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Cold Ink

sisterimapoet
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction17
I really liked the structure Robinson used to collate these pieces. It gave the book a coherence, and I spent many a pleasant afternoon in the company of him and the authors he encountered. I was introduced to a few people I'll like to check out further, and had deeper insight into writers I already knew.
Denise
Jul 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Denise by: Aye Write
This collection of interviews by the book editor of the Scotsman provides some interesting insights into the lives and minds of contemporary writers. As these interviews span a number of years quite a few are inevitably out of date with regard to the writers' most recent publications but nevertheless I enjoyed them.
I would say that quite a number felt too short and only skimmed the surface but I assume this was due to the editorial constraints of the newspaper.
I have been inspired by this book a
Penny