Start by marking “Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8)” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8)

Sins of the Night

(Dark-Hunter #7)

In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow:

Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love.

But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing c
Published June 28th 2005 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Sins of the Night, please sign up.
Elle This type of book can easily be enjoyed out of order. I read most of the earlier books in this series in a jumbled order. There is a larger plot and…moreThis type of book can easily be enjoyed out of order. I read most of the earlier books in this series in a jumbled order. There is a larger plot and it obviously is gonna have spoilers for earlier ones but I can't see why it wouldn't be enjoyable.

In saying that personally I'd start from the start cause it's just really good. I did it out of order simply by mistake.(less)

Sophia Triad
Danger or Dangereuse St. Richard (Hunter) and Alexion (Shade)

The Prologue of the book was quite frightening. That’s because I hadn’t realized before that Dark Hunters can go bad... And because I had not seen a bad Dark Hunter before in action. Daimons were our usual good looking, disgusting human soul-eaters.

Later , I happily visited Katoteros, i.e. the place where Acheron, Simi and Alexion live. Alexion is the one that has been watching over Simi and kept her out of trouble for a few thousand y
Alp
This is another compelling and entertaining book in Dark-Hunter series! It had me hooked from the very start.

The romance in this story is not as good as the previous one. Although I felt no chemistry between Alexion and Danger, it wasn’t important because the author kept me busy concentrating mostly on the Dark-Hunters and the Daimons instead. Moreover, the story was so intense and exciting that it pulled me into this story completely.

After reading 6 books in this series, Acheron has never stopp
Exina
I’m not satisfied with this book. Sins of the Night is mediocre at best, both in storyline, characters, and style.

The story starts good, a paradoxical situation given and a man (or being) without equal. That already makes you expect something peculiar.
Doubt stared out from the dark depths of her eyes. “Then prove it.”
That was easier said than done. “Prove it how? The only way to prove to you that I’m not out to kill you is to not kill you.”

But it is all ruined. Another rebellion against Achero
Jilly
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is the story of Alexion (the boy), and Danger (the girl). That's right, Danger is her first name! That's just not right!

Everyone knows that Danger is a middle name, not a first name!

Alexion lives with Ash in his weird-ass castle in another dimension as his butler/secretary. But, it seems there may be a little more going on than that since he is also known as Simi's "other father".
"I'm Acheron's Squire." it was kind of true. Okay, not really. It was a lie, but Alexion had no intention
Carmen
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kenyon fans
This is where Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series jumps the shark, in my opinion. This is NOT a romance novel, instead, is a book that expands on and expounds Kenyon's world and Kenyon's mythos. Boring, and not what I wanted.
...

Alexion (real name: Ias) is a ... well, I'm not exactly sure what he is. A very powerful being that is second only to the gods. He is Ash's right hand and it is his job to execute Dark-Hunters who turn against Ash and start killing humans.

He has no personality. Except being horny
AJ
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 8 in the Dark Hunter series gives us a break from New Orleans and all of the drama that goes down in that city. Instead, we are in Mississippi with a much smaller cast of characters than in previous books.

Alexion is our hero, and he also happens to be Acheron’s right-hand-man (except he’s not really a man, he’s an ‘other’ – not going to be spoilery here, read it and find out!). Anyway, Alexion is sent in as judge, jury and executioner for a bunch of Dark Hunters that have gone rogue. He me
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Her name is Danger and she is a female Dark Hunter. She used to live a life of sin when she first became a Dark Hunter, but now, her suspicious eyes land on Alexion, an unexplainable new pawn in this deadly game. All Danger knows is that Alexion is a major threat to her and her friends. It’s very likely that he has been sent to execute them, but despite this threat, there’s this inexplicable pull that lures her closer and closer to him. Will he strike or will he succumb
Chrannag
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Danger, a strong and sexy female Dark-Hunter, make the difference.
CC
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it

I found this book somewhat interesting with regards to the overall storyline, but I felt no connection to the MCs or even between them. I was really turned off by the hero's desire to get laid at all costs and just felt the heroine was serving his purpose. I know they developed something more, but I never felt it.

I don't think much was revealed in this one, but learned a little.

Loved Xirena. She and Simi will be hilarious in future books.
Ronak Gajjar
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, 2018
Just one curiosity – Why is Acheron setting up all the Dark-Hunters in the queue for getting their souls back? Who will fight Daimons then?
What is Acheron exactly? (*I know! More than one curiosity!)
And of course once again,
Greek Gods + Vampires + Daimons + Were-Wolves + Dark Hunters + Insignificant Humans blabbering + Of course Captivating dry humour = The whole book!
Concept: 2.0/5.0
Execution: 2.75/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 2.0 /5.0
Cover: 1.75/5.0
Overall: 2.5/5.0
As for Alexion and Dangereuse
Jonel
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Kenyon had me scared for a bit with this one! I couldn’t believe the plot twists and turns that popped up throughout. I definitely could have never imagined it but the entire plot came together seamlessly. She had me both laughing and crying throughout. At the same time, she continues to build her world and the mythology surrounding it, allowing everything to coalesce into something that you can picture yourself walking through.

The lead couple in this novel was definitely unexpected. I love
Jill
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Horrible. Absolutely horrible. Maybe my opinion is skewed because I read this moments after finishing Tabitha's book, and Danger was another "I kick ass for a living" chicks - too similar. I now prefer Tabitha to Danger, wow.

Danger: She's a myopic pain. Alexion arrives & says he's here from Ash to save the DH's and what does Danger do...she stabs him before speaking to him and then for 75% of the book rants about her loyalty to her fellow DH's over everyone else. She's like a child who plug
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Well, I was underwhelmed with this one. The books in the series are starting to become too repetitive for me that I can predict what will happen next. At the same time my curiosity over Asheron (sorry, I listen, so spelling is probably wrong) and the fact that there aren't many PNR books to read, I will probably continue on.

Otherwise, this book was meh. The insta love once again bothered me. Yes, I did feel the connection between the characters, but I didn't feel the "love" when they declared it
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Shelves: adult-lit, m-f, 4-stars
Camilla
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback

This was definitely one of my faves in this series..

I seriously loved Alexion, Lex, Ias, hottest shade ever, whatever you want to call him.. He was just my kind of guy.. True, I prefer them living, but hey, I'm not picky.. ;o)

Alexion and Danger (what a great name!) were just too perfect together. I loved their going back and fourth, the way they played of each other so amazingly..

I LOVED how little we get from other peoples POV in these books, but I guess I say that in every review.. I loved th
Julie
May 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Posted at http://yummymenandkickasschicks.com/?...

When I first read that Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon was about Alexion, I thought “who?” Thanks to my ‘Book Brain Fart Syndrome’, I couldn’t place him right away. But once I started reading it I thought “Oooooh, that guy!” I must say that at first, I found it a little odd that this next Dark-Hunter book was about Acheron’s assassin/savior dude. I mean, with all those Dark-Hunters that we’ve only just met, there were so many other possibil
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure where to start w/ this one.

I didn't feel the connection w/ this book like I have w/ the others and that's a first.

I was confused as to what Alexion REALLY was and it was never told to us. I know he's "other" but WHAT exactly? What was Danger at the end?

What I liked about this book was more story on Ash and Simi, that's always a plus but the rest of the book was just "ok" w/ me.

This book felt so different then the rest of the books. Almost like all the previous books
Michelle
Feb 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
Fangirl Musings
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes sarcasticly dry humor, sexy characters, and kick ass fight scenes
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: No one; but the series was recommended to me by a kind Books-A-M

Read: May 9th - 14th, 2014
Read: July 25th - 26th, 2011
Read: March 28th - 29th, 2010
Read: January 26th, 2009
Read: November 2008
Read: May 2007
Read: February 1st - 5th, 2005

Book status: It's complicated.

Some novels you freakout-fangirl-flail over, some you want to violently cram into a paper shredder and some...some you don't know how the frack you feel. This book hella-epically falls under that third category. Okay, so, quick run down, Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon; a paranormal urban fan
Kelly
I'm torn on this book. I like that we get to see another side of Ash and that Alexion is not your typical Dark-Hunter but I wasn't as engaged with this book as I had been with previous installments in the series. Alexion's story is rough and I wanted him to have his happy ending, don't get me wrong, but I never got that punch to the gut feeling that the other books gave me.

That said, I do think we learn some interesting things about the overall world here. However, you have to wade through the l
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
I love Acheron, he can’t help but spoil Simi, it’s so sweet, a demon with a shopping addiction. I didn’t much care for the female lead in this one, Dangereuse, I just couldn’t get into the character and connect with her. Acheron is in the line-of fire in this with Stryker a daimon/god, out to turn the Dark-Hunter’s against him and destroy him. Alexion is a Shade sent to protect Danger with some pretty nifty tricks, like being able to warm up his body temperature just my thinking it and the abili ...more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
I have to admit that Danger and Alexions story was not my favorite.

For starters there was relatively no action and what there was, was very brief.

I missed the interaction from the other dark hunters from New Orleans and although we got a little more snippets about Ash, he really had little to do with the story.

And was it just me or did the hero and heroine pronounce here love for each other after like 2 days? That is just not cool.

Danger was cool. Being the first female dark hunter to have a bo
Ravioli Rachel
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wha Wha... first book involving a female dark-hunter!

surprise

We are taken away from New Orleans and all the goings on there and thrust into Mississippi to an uprising that occurs. We are introduced to Alexion, Acheron's right hand man and enforcer extraordinaire. There he meets Danger and we see the book unfold.

I liked this one because the ending was not the typical dark-hunter gets soul back because the love of their life wins it for them.

Being introduced to Xirena the demon and her subsequent encou
Cheryl
This was not my favorite of the Dark-Hunters series, but I still enjoyed it. It was very fast paced, none of it dragged and was filled with lots of action. The end was pretty predictable too. So, even though this one wasn't one of the best ones that I've read, it still is a great series that anyone interested in paranormal-romance should read!

One thing that bothered me while reading this book was an error in the writing. It was stated that Alexion, the hero, could not taste food/flavors, yet he
Cyndi
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This book wasn't my fav in the series, not bad though. I like the continuing story line, but I enjoy the series more if I take a break between books.
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... FINALLY!!!!! BIG BIG Acheron reveals!!!!!!

Acheron sends his right hand man, the Alexion down to earth from Katoteros to stay with dark hunter Dangerous, while weeding out dark hunters who are turning against Acheron and siding with Daimons....

At first Dangerous is reluctant as she is Loyal to a fault, to her brethren but slowly both she and the reader understands how much Acheron truly gives up for the Dark hunters.

I loved being able to finally see the "Bigger picture" in all this and can
Lindsey
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

May have some slight spoilers.

Seemed a much quicker reads than the other Dark Hunter books, but was a nice introduction into the Mississippi crew. Since the last 6 books revolved around the New Orleans hunters, it was refreshing to see some new faces.

One of my only complaints was that so many things could have been elaborated on just a tinge more. Like, the soul of the human woman or Danger's Soul. But all in all I liked it and the characters. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble Si

• Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #7; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Dark Guardian (Dark, #8)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)
“Nothing is ever truly set by fate. In one blink, everything changes. Even though it should be a clear, sunny day, the softest whisper into the wind can become a hurricane that destroys everything it touches. (Acheron)” 187 likes
“A flower can't grow without rain. (Alexion)
Too much rain and it drowns. (Danger)
And yet the most beautiful of the lotus flowers are the ones that grow in the deepest mud. (Alexion)”
86 likes