Start by marking “Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3)” as Want to Read:
Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3)

Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island #3)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  31,408 Ratings  ·  742 Reviews
In the conclusion to her acclaimed Three Sisters Island trilogy, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts masterfully evokes the quaint charm of New England, weaving a spellbinding tale of true love—and sheer magic…

Mia Devlin knows what it’s like to love with your whole heart—and then watch your love walk away. Years ago, she and Sam Logan shared an incredible bo
Published (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Face the Fire, please sign up.

Maria Clara
Tranquilamente un 2.5

Si tuviera que definir este libro en una sola palabra, sin duda sería: aburrido. Y creo que es la primera vez que me pasa con un libro de Nora Roberts.
Cyndi
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This closes out the series. It's not that I didn't love it, cause I did. But...ok, here's the deal. He dumps her harshly and then ten years later he returns expecting to romance her back into his bed.
What he didn't bank on was how much her heart was broken. He knew he hurt her. "I did mean to hurt you. And I'd say I did a damn good job of it." Yep, he would have needed an ambulance after making a comment like that. 🚑
She rebuilt herself on the ashes he left. She was stronger, but he does manag
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
While I still liked this book, it was my least favorite of the Three Sisters Island trilogy. I liked the plot as it dealt with resolving the threat to the island and beating the evil. I thought that was done well.

What I didn't particularly like about the book was the romance between Mia and Sam. It didn't quite work for me. Mia keeps her heart locked away from Sam for the whole book (with good reason mostly) then at the end, she's suddenly like, okay, I accept you and your love. The abrupt chang
Ira
4.5 stars!

I love this heroine, and I LOVE how she treated the hero here, yes love it!
Who does he think he is? Left the girl for 11 years and told her he wouldn’t be back and now he returns and expected her to welcome him with an open arms? Yeah, right! Bloody idiot!

So, of course she welcome him back in her bed but not in her heart. Lol.
This more like one grovel story of him hoping she will love him again..
Don’t worry, she had a wonderful life too when he went away and didn’t live in the fridge!

A
Cristina Leitón
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Ay, mi madre. ¿Y ahora qué hago? He estado casi tres semanas sumergida en esta trilogía, enamorándome de sus personajes y su isla para ahora tener que decirles adiós, y no estoy preparada. Voy a echar tanto de menos a Nell, Ripley y Mia, a la isla de Tres Hermanas, a Zack, Mac y Sam, a Lulú, los acantilados, la magia... Jo, estoy triste. Dejadme.

La tercera entrega, Afrontar el fuego, se ha convertido en mi favorita. Y no porque la historia de Mia y Sam me guste más que las otras dos, sino porque
Mojca
I never thought I'd give it five stars in the end, but there you have it. The entire premise of this book (not the series!) was based on the fact a nineteen-year-old girl knew what love was when she loved Sam Logan eleven years ago. A love so strong, so powerful, she'd shattered when he left. You were nineteen, girl! What did you know?!

Lucky he left, because he did them both a huge favor. She grew stronger as a witch, he became a man who finally knew what he wanted, and they could discover what
Alba Turunen
Y todo quedó en dos estrellas. Como final de serie me ha parecido decepcionante, y es que no tiene nada que ver ésta historia con las dos anteriores, donde la historia era estupenda, los personajes magníficos y cuya relación crecía según se desarrollaban los libros.

Admito que iba algo recelosa contra el libro porque Mia era un personaje que no me había caído especialmente bien en los libros anteriores. Si su romance hubiese sido tan emotivo y bonito como los de Nell o Ripley quizás me hubiese g
Tina
This reunion story didn't work for me. I was too busy rolling my eyes to fully enjoy this corny mess.

The hero dumped the heroine because he felt suffocated by her and doesn't return for 11 years. She, of course spent those years torn apart, struggling to survive without him. The day he returns, she decides she will have sex without the "relationship" with him *rolls eyes* when he tells her he wants her back. Does that sound like what a rational woman will do to the guy who dumped and shattered
Mishma
From the massive amount of books I’ve read by Nora Roberts,I’ve learned something.’If you loved the first book,never expect the sequel or the others in the series to be as good as the first one.’It’s a lesson I learned throughout my experience of Roberts’ works.

I went through the same thing in Face the Fire.I loved the first book,Dance Upon the Air and I enjoyed the second one,Heaven and Earth so initially I had a little hope for Face the Fire.
But of course,it turned out to be a disappointment.E
Fátima
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
De este último libro de la trilogía me esperaba MÁS
La historia de Mia tenía muchas ganas de leerla desde el primero y quizás esas expectativas jugaron una mala pasada, no lo sé.
Para mí es el libro más flojo de los tres, necesario para cerrar la parte de la magia pero con una relación romántica demasiado plana.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)
More about Nora Roberts...

Three Sisters Island (3 books)
  • Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1)
  • Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island, #2)
“I fear feeling my heart break a second time, because I'm not sure I could survive it. I'd rather live alone than risk the pain.” 253 likes
“A ghra. A amhain. My love. My only.” 116 likes